YoungCEO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Biceps and triceps same day?

I am thinking of doing these 2 exercises on the same day.

do most of you guys do it like this?

b4 it would be monday chest/back - 3 sets each 10 reps

tuesday triceps/shoulders - 3 sets each 10 reps

wednesdays biceps/forearms - 3 sets each 10 reps

Now I am thinking of doing both exercises on tuesdays.

I would do one in the morning and one in the afternoon so my arms are rested in between.

This way I could squeeze in more exercises and do them twice a week instead of once.

thoughts plz
    6"0
    185 pounds
    22 years old

harbowskis44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i

i had to change my whole routine from chest/tris, back/bi's, and shoulders/legs. To chest, back, legs, shoulders/bi's/tris.

variation is good, try it if you dont like it go back to the old

and also when I do my triceps and biceps I usually do 2 different type of exercises.

So its really 6 sets. Is this overtraining?

Lets say I would do 3 sets skullcrushers then 3 sets tricep cable extension. Yes it does leave me drained.

Thats why I would leave biceps for later on that day.

And which one should I do first Biceps or Triceps.
    6"0
    185 pounds
    22 years old

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by YoungCEO
    and also when I do my triceps and biceps I usually do 2 different type of exercises.

Lets say I would do 3 sets skullcrushers then 3 sets tricep cable extension. Yes it does leave me drained.

It's not likely overtraining, but that depends on you. As a relative beginner, it's much more difficult to overtrain, but listen to your body and watch for fatigue that doesn't seem to go away, or lingering soreness.

You can split the muscles any way you want - tris and bis in the same day is fine, for a number of reasons.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    mmm where legs...

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by scott_donald
    mmm where legs...
    Thursday through Sunday, I guess.

actually everyday

I do freestyle sqauts.

about 10 sets with 10 reps

I just use my body wait and sqaut up and down.

Once a week I do real squats and deadlifts.

I will post my workout schedule. That will make things better
    6"0
    185 pounds
    22 years old

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by YoungCEO
    actually everyday

I do freestyle sqauts.

about 10 sets with 10 reps

I just use my body wait and sqaut up and down.

Once a week I do real squats and deadlifts.

I will post my workout schedule. That will make things better
    It's weight, not wait.

I do bi/tri as one day. It works well for me, although I am thinking of dropping arm day altogether for a while and seeing what happens. I hit triceps hard on chest and shoulder day as well as back day for the biceps.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Originally posted by Melkor
    It's weight, not wait.
    Maybe he meant "wait"

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    i thought your original split was really good anyway...

Still theres nothing wrong with doin bis/tris on the same day, its the best pump and great to do b4 u r going out or something
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by zackmurphy
    Maybe he meant "wait"
    Wait, do you think he meant weight, or wait? Because if he was talking about weight then he shouldn't have said wait, but if he was saying he was going to wait then weight is incorrect. Let's wait and see what he has to say about it.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derek0783 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wait a minute, the minute he said "wait", I said, "wait"a minute, in a minute he's going to realize he said wait instead of weight.

narak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

LOL !!!

Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back ontopic you lemings!

I work bicep and tri's on the same day, I also do forarm and grip work too. I do a ****load of volume though.

Meta said
    I work bicep and tri's on the same day, I also do forarm and grip work too. I do a ****load of volume though.

What do you mean about the volume. Isnt 6 sets enough for the individual part?

Also I meant to say weight not wait. It was a typo
    6"0
    185 pounds
    22 years old

SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Said it before and I'll say it again - bi's and tri's on the same day totally stalled my gains and did nothing for gaining armsize. It's horses for courses but personally I'd advise strongly against it. If you see any gains it's most likely to be newbie gains.

For big arms look for big heavy chest and back work topped off by small amounts of isolation work after. Best split I've always found is chest/tri and back/bi as this then leaves a complete weeks rest for each bodypart inbetween.
    At 16/08/04

5'9" 187lbs
    Chest 46"
    Waist 32" (a little bit under now!)
    Arms 17+half"
    DL = 420lbs, BP = 280lbs, Squat = 345lbs

Originally posted by SloopJB
    Said it before and I'll say it again - bi's and tri's on the same day totally stalled my gains and did nothing for gaining armsize. It's horses for courses but personally I'd advise strongly against it. If you see any gains it's most likely to be newbie gains.

For big arms look for big heavy chest and back work topped off by small amounts of isolation work after. Best split I've always found is chest/tri and back/bi as this then leaves a complete weeks rest for each bodypart inbetween.
    So - that's one vote against. And that's cool - at least it's based on personal experience.

I've done both arrangements and liked them both - so TRY IT YOURSELVES, KIDS!!!

There are some very good reasons TO do bi and tri together, chest and back. Agonists with antagonists. So try it. We're all just applying what's worked for us, but is there some reason people are afraid to a) take an extra off day to reset the pattern, and b) go to the gym are try something totally new? Just try it.

Less talking, more lifting.

Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm at work I have time to talk.

Personally bi and tri is what works best for me so that is what I do.

I also mix chest and back into a day as well.

Bingogym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hell yeah man, you can do them both on the same day. I've been doing that for a year now, triceps and biceps together and alot of people do it...its called "arm day" hehe. You might be doing too little though, 3 sets for biceps and 3 sets for triceps? That is too little.

I do 8 sets for triceps and 8 sets for biceps and after the 4th set I switch the excercise. You want to develop every angle of your muscles and the way you do that is by doing different excercises to stimulate different parts of the muscle, not just one...unless you want an average looking body and not a three dimensional looking one. peace

Not going to say how much I do because people are going to bitch and whine and say its too much even though it works fine for me. My arms don't respond well unless I do alot of sets on them, everything else except for calves respond well to normal training.

Roblow96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do bis and tris on the same day... I do tri pushdowns, skull crushers and dips then immediately go into incline hammers, preachers, and chin ups. Good pump, great results (at least for me), and if you add in a seated row, military press, front and side raise, your arms are gtg besides forearms

ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by YoungCEO View Post

edit: read your post funny. try 6-9 sets for each. shouldn't take you an hour even.

6 sets overtraining? I do like 20 sets, and I'm definitely not overtraining. try 12 sets. There's two heads to your biceps--you're not going to target both effectively with just one exercise. tricep has three heads. gl