Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

syrnypolice is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Does sex lower your testosterone?

I wasn’t sure where to post this. Sorry if this was the wrong place. I have heard that sex lowers your testosterone. Is this true or is it just a myth? Any studies done on it? Let me know. I worry because I do all theses thing to raise my levels and then wonder if I am defeating the purpose by having sex.
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 220
    Bench: 205lbs
    Squat: 235lbs
    Deadlift: 275

Strieder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep, no more sex for you, or masturbation, or thinking about women =/
    Time + Commitment = Success
    If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you
    truly want, and all that is left is a compromise. - Robert Fritz

Stats: 6'4", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2638
    PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PennState has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit PennState's BodySpace
    if it lowered test no healthy adult would have thier optimal amount of test. Honestly dude... who cares... are you going to stop having sex? if bbing is THAT important you need to start listing prioreties.
    "There are no OFF days, just days you don't go to the gym."

Carb-Up does NOT mean Binge and Cheat!

Long Term Goal:
    225 lbs
    <10% BF

Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000) Arthur Saxon is just really nice. (+1000)
    No

youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000) youthman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is it just a myth that boxers avoid sex when preparing for a fight? If it's true, why do they avoid it then?

waffles9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it doesn't lower testosterone. but, i don't have sex with my g/f the night after a hard workout. i'd rather just rest and recover instead of burning calories just for a nut

syrnypolice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, You are right, I am not going to stop having sex, but does any one know about any scientific evidence that sex lowers testosterone levels? A link to a good web site maybe?
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 220
    Bench: 205lbs
    Squat: 235lbs
    Deadlift: 275

Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6801
    sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sawastea's BodySpace

Wink

If you're in doubt, consume more zinc. Each time you ejaculate (i.e. "nut"), you lose roughly 8mg zinc
    I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said: "By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!" Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat, and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure

BodyPoints: 6
    BLiSS420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit BLiSS420's BodySpace
    Originally posted by sawastea
    If you're in doubt, consume more zinc. Each time you ejaculate (i.e. "nut"), you lose roughly 8mg zinc
    wow, interested fact.. thanks sawastea! you know all kinsds of crazy info

BodyPoints: 38
    badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit badboyslayer's BodySpace
    Sex or masterbation reduces your free test by around 1-2%

If you are like me and cant keep it in your pants for longer than a few hour periods.. there is hope

You can buy one of those steel chastitity belts, it will add approx 35lb to your torso and facilitate lean muscle gain and plenty of chaffing around your pubic region.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. He will be lonely often and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    Stats: 6'2", 223 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9082
    cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit cowboyathlete's BodySpace
    Originally posted by sawastea
    Selenium, zinc, vitamin E, saw palmetto, pygeum.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit tbomb's BodySpace
    Originally posted by syrnypolice
    Ok, You are right, I am not going to stop having sex, but does any one know about any scientific evidence that sex lowers testosterone levels? A link to a good web site maybe?
    also, your sig says that youre 26, which means that your body is still producing PLENTY of test. usually the only people who worry about their test levels dropping are older.
    i represent angry, gun-toting, meat-eating ****ing people!