ds209029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow Tendon Pain

Any suggestions for what I believe to be elbow tendinitis? I have been taking 2000mg of glucosamine and 2000mg of chondrotin for about six weeks now and have noticed signifcant improvement but still have pain in my tendon. Sometimes my forearm muscle will also spasm on me later in the evening after working out.

In addition to the chondrotin/glucosamine I also ice my elbow for a good 20 mintues after working out and take Advil to reduce the pain. The elbow is much better but I was wondering if anyone had any other remedies that have helped. Thanks.

TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBigVtron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Have you stopped working that elbow? I know I had the same problem this spring when I started throwing javelin and heavy benching, luckily I could manage still throwing jav but I had to bump my bench down to 125 so that my elbow wouldn't be destroyed.

cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cimson-hound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NSAIDs

I had a hard time with elbow pain about a year ago, specifically lateral epichondylitis (also known as tennis elbow). it killed to do lateral raises. so i called my doctor and got a prescription for an Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory. I also stopped doing lateral raises with the weights in my hands for about a month. fortunately my gym has a lateral raise machine that puts the weight on the outside of the elbow/upper arm. eventually, the pain disappeared, thankfully. i was shocked at how well it worked. hope this helps.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cimson-hound View Post
    I had a hard time with elbow pain about a year ago, specifically lateral epichondylitis (also known as tennis elbow). it killed to do lateral raises. so i called my doctor and got a prescription for an Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory.

You dont need a prescription for an NSAID... its just advil.

The best thing you can do to help out that tendonitis is REST.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm suffering from something similar. I have a dull aching pain where the bicep connect to the elbow on the inside of the joint. It's always sore and stiff but seems worse the day after I lift. Does this sound like tendonitis?

MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattUK123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel for you mate, i have been having elbow pain for about a year, i recntly had an allergy test and i was intolerant to wheat and potatoes, ive cut these out for 2 weeks and thing seem to be gettin a bit better,

rest and icing does help to,

Matt
    6'1 177LBs Cutting---- another 6lbs to go or so!

15/10/06181lbs
    27/10/06 177lbs
    5/11/06 175lbs
    14/11/06 174lbs
    30/11/06 173lbs
    14/1/07 173 lbs (few injuries)
    2/2/07 170 lbs

8.3% body fat when last tested december 06

Aim - 6pac then bulk!

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Elbow

Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I'm suffering from something similar. I have a dull aching pain where the bicep connect to the elbow on the inside of the joint. It's always sore and stiff but seems worse the day after I lift. Does this sound like tendonitis?
    I have the same problem. I am going to take a couple weeks off with ice, anti-inflammatory, glucosamine, and cissus.

Registered User Henry.J.Wendell's Avatar
    Henry.J.Wendell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had the same problem now for about a year and half, my elbows are always stiff for about 4 hours after a workout, i get a chronic pain for at least a day after my workouts which affects with my everyday activities, the pain is always their but dies down and flares up every so oftern, mainly when i do an overhead tricep extension, my elbow flares up and is extreemly tendor and saw to move, i take glucosamine and omega 3,6 and 9 but nothing is working, do you have any theories?

Henry.

seblofer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ds209029 View Post
    Any suggestions for what I believe to be elbow tendinitis? I have been taking 2000mg of glucosamine and 2000mg of chondrotin for about six weeks now and have noticed signifcant improvement but still have pain in my tendon. Sometimes my forearm muscle will also spasm on me later in the evening after working out.

In addition to the chondrotin/glucosamine I also ice my elbow for a good 20 mintues after working out and take Advil to reduce the pain. The elbow is much better but I was wondering if anyone had any other remedies that have helped. Thanks.
    I noticed you posted this in 2007. In your DP you look developed. How did you overcome the pain? I am experiencing it now also.

Best

Ready To Kick Ass at 40 kyoun1e's Avatar
    kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyoun1e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eccentric wrist curls and stretching.

Google it.

With the above and persistence it will go away.

brianschinella has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
    Eccentric wrist curls and stretching.

Google it.

With the above and persistence it will go away.
    did you continue with your workouts while you curled? like on a off day you would do wrist curls? i want to be careful not to mess up my forearm from overworking them