Pwner1545 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question home workout routines?

I personally don't have time to go to the gym everyday because I have school then work after . So does anyone have a good workout routine for the week I can use to get atleast abit bigger. I am skinny and I'm planning to atleast look better/stronger.
    The only equipment I have are a pull up bar, 2x20 lbs weights, 2x10 lbs weights and a band.
    So if someone can list a full week work out with those things ( including push ups and legs and such).

Ps: even if its a 20 or 30 min work out should I still drink whey protein?

Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pwner1545 View Post
    I personally don't have time to go to the gym everyday because I have school then work after . So does anyone have a good workout routine for the week I can use to get atleast abit bigger. I am skinny and I'm planning to atleast look better/stronger.
    The only equipment I have are a pull up bar, 2x20 lbs weights, 2x10 lbs weights and a band.
    So if someone can list a full week work out with those things ( including push ups and legs and such).

Ps: even if its a 20 or 30 min work out should I still drink whey protein?
    Yeah home workout!

This is similar to what I do:

P/P/L, 3 on 1 off, or 6 on 1 off:

Push - Weighted push-ups, weighted decline push-ups, flat flyes (optional), dips, overhead tricep extensions, lateral raises

Pull - Pull-ups (weighted if you can), Chin-ups (weighted if you can), seated DB rows, hammer curls, concentration curls

Legs - Weighted lunges (or DB squats if enough weight! need much less for lunges, hence I suggested them. Alternatively, you could do step-ups), SLDL (if enough weight, otherwise glute ham raises by wedging under something), leg extensions (over a surface with dumbbell between legs if not very strong, otherwise rig something up for one dumbbell for each leg), leg curls (dumbbell between feet), one-legged calf raises (due to low weight).

You need about 140-180g of protein a day at your weight, so if you can't get that from real food then sure, have the shake (personally I don't need to, but I can see how it becomes more and more convenient the heavier you get).
    Last edited by Oyster210; 01-02-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Talking

Originally Posted by Oyster210 View Post
    Yeah home workout!

This is similar to what I do:

P/P/L, 3 on 1 off, or 6 on 1 off:

Push - Weighted push-ups, weighted decline push-ups, flat flyes (optional), dips, overhead tricep extensions, lateral raises

Pull - Pull-ups (weighted if you can), Chin-ups (weighted if you can), seated DB rows, hammer curls, concentration curls

Legs - Weighted lunges (or DB squats if enough weight! need much less for lunges, hence I suggested them. Alternatively, you could do step-ups), SLDL (if enough weight, otherwise glute ham raises by wedging under something), leg extensions (over a surface with dumbbell between legs if not very strong, otherwise rig something up for one dumbbell for each leg), leg curls (dumbbell between feet), one-legged calf raises (due to low weight).

You need about 140-180g of protein a day at your weight, so if you can't get that from real food then sure, have the shake (personally I don't need to, but I can see how it becomes more and more convenient the heavier you get).
    Thanks a lot. I'm gonna try this starting tomorrow. A few more questions:
    What does 3 on 1 off and 6 on 1 off mean?
    How many reps/sets of each do you do?
    So for example you do push Monday , pull Tuesday, legs wensday then rest one day then do all these again? Lol sorry but I need to know this cause I really need to get big. Will it get me bigger atleast a tad bit? :l thanks a lot for your answer.

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I workout at home, too, but I've got to tell you, you're really going to need to get more weight for some decent results.

There's plenty you can do with a barbell and two adjustable dumbbells and 300+ pounds of weight.

Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oyster210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks a lot. I'm gonna try this starting tomorrow. A few more questions:
    What does 3 on 1 off and 6 on 1 off mean?
    How many reps/sets of each do you do?
    So for example you do push Monday , pull Tuesday, legs wensday then rest one day then do all these again? Lol sorry but I need to know this cause I really need to get big. Will it get me bigger atleast a tad bit? :l thanks a lot for your answer.
    By "3 on 1 off" I mean working out 3 days in a row, and resting for one day then repeating. So as you said, 3 on 1 off for this could be: Monday Push, Tuesday Pull, Wednesday Legs, repeat.

Regarding reps and sets, for every exercise just keep it simple and do enough weight so that you can do 8 to 12 reps per set (though as you get through the sets for a given exercise on a given day the number of reps may drop, depending on your rest time. Try and keep it above 6 minimum though for the last set), and 3 (or 4) sets per exercise. The exception in the routine above is calf raises, for which I do sets of 15-20 reps.

Personally, when I can do 12 reps is the first set of an exercise (or say, 25 for calves), the next time I do that day I will increase the weight for that exercise. e.g. If I manage to do 12 hammer curls at say 20 lb, the next day I do hammer curls I will try 22 lb, or whatever. This is progressive overload, and is what you'll need to be doing to "get big".

If you can't do pull-ups/chin-ups with your body weight, do negative by standing on a chair to get up to the bar, then lowering yourself slowly for about 2-3 seconds.

This applies to dips too. I position two chairs at my side facing away from me, and push lightly against the chairs while doing the exercise to stop them caving in on you (it takes a few goes to get used to it). You can also counter weight the chairs if possible. Personally I avoided dips until body weight dips weren't too much of a struggle, since it hurt my shoulder. Remember to keep your shoulders down and back.

Like Rasputin said, you're probably going to need more weight very soon, especially for legs.

By "3 on 1 off" I mean working out 3 days in a row, and resting for one day then repeating. So as you said, 3 on 1 off for this could be: Monday Push, Tuesday Pull, Wednesday Legs, repeat.

Regarding reps and sets, for every exercise just keep it simple and do enough weight so that you can do 8 to 12 reps per set (though as you get through the sets for a given exercise on a given day the number of reps may drop, depending on your rest time. Try and keep it above 6 minimum though for the last set), and 3 (or 4) sets per exercise. The exception in the routine above is calf raises, for which I do sets of 15-20 reps.

Personally, when I can do 12 reps is the first set of an exercise (or say, 25 for calves), the next time I do that day I will increase the weight for that exercise. e.g. If I manage to do 12 hammer curls at say 20 lb, the next day I do hammer curls I will try 22 lb, or whatever. This is progressive overload, and is what you'll need to be doing to "get big".

If you can't do pull-ups/chin-ups with your body weight, do negative by standing on a chair to get up to the bar, then lowering yourself slowly for about 2-3 seconds.

This applies to dips too. I position two chairs at my side facing away from me, and push lightly against the chairs while doing the exercise to stop them caving in on you (it takes a few goes to get used to it). You can also counter weight the chairs if possible. Personally I avoided dips until body weight dips weren't too much of a struggle, since it hurt my shoulder. Remember to keep your shoulders down and back.

Like Rasputin said, you're probably going to need more weight very soon, especially for legs.

Alright thank you. I'm for sure going to try this out

Alright thank you. I'm for sure going to try this out
    Let us know how it goes! I'm making all kinds of gains.

Let us know how it goes! I'm making all kinds of gains.
    Today was my first day, I gotta say it feels good. I know I need more weight and I'm planning on buying some soon, but for now will this get me ripper, like for someone notice me this summer in the pool if you know what I mean haha.

Today was my first day, I gotta say it feels good. I know I need more weight and I'm planning on buying some soon, but for now will this get me ripper, like for someone notice me this summer in the pool if you know what I mean haha.

Nice, glad you enjoyed it!

You'll need to slap some weight in a backpack for push-ups so you can train in the 8-12 rep range, probably. Same for pull-ups (but maybe not yet!).

Get a good backpack, with a back support and straps across the chest.

Nice, glad you enjoyed it!

You'll need to slap some weight in a backpack for push-ups so you can train in the 8-12 rep range, probably. Same for pull-ups (but maybe not yet!).

Get a good backpack, with a back support and straps across the chest.
    Instead of weight I used a resistence band. I wrapped one end on one hand then made it go across my shoulder blades and wrapped the other end on my other hand. Is that alright? And for pull ups I can bang out 12 no problem for the first set then around 7-8 the other sets.

Gotthard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try burpees. All you need is yourself and some room. Start with a normal burpee (with pushup) and if it's too easy then add the dbs. Start with them in your hand, do your pushup still holding them, after the pushup do a row one arm at a time, stand up with the dbs and from here you can either do a curl into an overhead db press or a snatch or clean. They're a pretty good overall body workout for someone just starting and with limited equipment.

moedawg55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hear you on this, I workout at home. But I have up graded the basement, got lots of machine now.

But when I started out, I had two dumbbell were you add the weight, and a bench and went out and got the barball. I like bans there good.

But if I could help in anyway, dont count reps. Push till you cant.

Ban forsure keep going till you cant lift it. Pass full curl.

Protein key. Just have to get a diet that fits your life style.

Instead of weight I used a resistence band. I wrapped one end on one hand then made it go across my shoulder blades and wrapped the other end on my other hand. Is that alright? And for pull ups I can bang out 12 no problem for the first set then around 7-8 the other sets.
    Yeah that's ok, just make sure you go up nice and high on the bands, since the resistance decreases for them the lower you go into the push-up.

Bang out 12 no problem for pull-ups? Add some weight soon!

Shoot, forgot something - add reverse flys to the "Pull" day. I do at them at the end, bent over with my head resting on something - let's me focus them better (and my lower back's a bit dodgy). I personally do them bent over at about 110 degrees, and hold for half a second at the top to focus on the squeeze.

andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewski48 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recommend checking out Ross Enamait's "Never Gymless." I read this book back when I used to live with my parents and really enjoyed it and learned a lot. He also has a website that provides some great information. Pavel's book "The Naked Warrior" is another good read also.