Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Amino Acid Supplementation

Amino Acids
    By Zach Long

Most fitness enthusiasts know that an adequate amount of protein is needed whether one wants to gain muscle mass or lose body fat without drastically decreasing lean body weight. Proteins are made of chains of bonded amino acids that help our bodies grow and repair muscles. Amino acids are divided into two categories: essential amino acids (EAA) and nonessential amino acids (NEAA). The difference between EAA and NEAA is that the human body does not produce enough EAA to meet the body?s requirements and consequently, EAA must be consumed in your diet. The body does produce sufficient amounts of NEAA to meet its demands.

Only six amino acids are directly used by muscles during exercise. These amino acids are alanine, glutamine, aspartate, isoleucine, leucine, and valine. Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are known as branch chain amino acids (BCAA) and serve a much more important role in energy and muscle growth than any of the other amino acids.

After participating in resistance exercises such as weight training, muscle protein synthesis increases and the rate of protein degradation rises. The effect of this is a negative protein balance resulting in a catabolic state. The body requires BCAA because of the negative protein balance; therefore, muscle tissues are broken down to provide the needed BCAA. These catabolic conditions lead to the breaking down of amino acids within the muscle tissue. Amino acids have profound effects on muscular growth and when amino acids levels are lowered, growth suffers. External consumption of BCAA allows the need for BCAA during exercise to be met without having to break down amino acids within muscle tissue. The body will remain in a catabolic state with a negative protein balance until amino acids are ingested. Consuming amino acids will result in a positive protein balance enabling the body to be in an anabolic state. Ensuring that the body is in an anabolic state through correct diet and supplementation along with a proper lifting program will lead to muscular hypertrophy. Tipton et al found that ??ingestion of amino acids is an effective method of maximizing the anabolic effect of exercise.?

When being digested, BCAA bypass the liver and are promptly absorbed by the circulatory system, allowing BCAA to be quickly used for protein production. Protein synthesis has been shown to increase 200% when EAA were available following weight lifting. Several studies have reported that amino acid supplementation leads to greater gains of lean muscle mass. Crowe et al found that ?upper body power, time to exhaustion and perceived exertion were significantly improved after 6-week dietary leucine supplementation compared to a placebo.?

Many studies have proven that Leucine is the best amino acid. Leucine is directly involved in stimulating protein synthesis and without it protein production is weakened. Leucine levels must be increased for significant increases for protein synthesis to occur. Muscle protein production is increased by as much as 10 times when leucine is added to a protein rich meal. BCAA supplements containing 30-35% leucine have been shown to decrease protein degradation, increase mental and physical performance, and lessen depletion of muscle glycogen levels. Leucine also provides muscles more ATP than the same weight of glucose. While it is important to look for products with relatively large amounts of leucine, supplementation with leucine alone causes BCAA imbalances. Therefore, supplements should contain high levels of leucine as well as isoleucine and valine.

To meet the body?s requirements for amino acids, high amounts of EAA and BCAA are necessary. Faster absorbing proteins are more effective at delivering BCAA to the muscles, therefore, casein, egg proteins, and other slow digesting proteins are not encouraged for meeting BCAA needs. Hydrolyzed whey protein is the fastest digesting protein and is the best for consuming BCAA. Other options for BCAA are the direct supplementation of amino acids through products such as Prolab?s BCAA Plus, NxCare?s Aminovol, and Universal?s BCAA Stack, just to name a few.

Because the purpose of consuming amino acids is to provide muscles with BCAA so that muscle tissues aren?t broken down, amino acids should be consumed before exercise. Consuming BCAA before exercise delivers these nutrients better because the heart pumps 20-25 liters of blood per minute while exercising compared to only 5 when at rest. While exercising, over 80% of blood flow is directed to the muscles while only 15-20% of blood flow goes to the muscles while at rest. This change in blood flow patterns occurs because muscles need more blood while exercising and the body adapts to meet this need. By taking amino acids pre-workout, amino acids are delivered more efficiently to your muscles. This pre-workout shake won?t lessen the value of post workout nutrition, but will instead boost its effectiveness.

Conclusion

Consuming amino acids before you exercise provides your muscles with the nutrients it needs to increase protein synthesis, reach an anabolic state, and increase muscular hypertrophy.

Sources
    Crowe, Melissa. "Effects of Dietary Leucine Supplementation on Exercise Performance."
    European Journal of Applied Physiology 97(2006): 664-672.
    Charlebois, Derek. "BCAA: More Than Just Amino Acids." Strength & Science Weekly
    12. 16 Dec 2006 <http://www.strengthandscience.com/october/article8.htm>.
    Charlebois, Derek. "Essential Amino Acids." Strength & Science Online 4. 16 Dec 2006
    <http://www.strengthandscience.com/august/article9.htm>.
    Mero, A. "Leucine Supplementation and Intensive Training." Sports Medicine 27(1999):
    347-358.
    Norton, Layne. "Leucine: The Anabolic Trigger." Strength & Science Weekly 11. 16
    Dec 2006 <http://www.strengthandscience.com/october/article2.htm>.
    Tipton, Kevin. "Postexercise Net Protein Synthesis in Human Muscle from Orally
    Administered Amino Acids." Endocrinology and Metabolism 276(1999): 628-

COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COOP1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good Article
    REPUBLICAN

user5160515874 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good yob

K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K20A2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about during? I try and drink about 1/4 to 1/3 of my Xtend before working out, and then sip on it b/w sets to finish it by the end of my workout.

Is it better to just down most of it beforehand??

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump

masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) masso123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down

crap

PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

awsome .. Good job mate!

PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PolVandam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by masso123 View Post
    crap
    -100 reputation haha :P

BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good info, thanks for the contribution.

Andrew
    (Im surrounded by Enternet Ediots)

dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post
    What about during? I try and drink about 1/4 to 1/3 of my Xtend before working out, and then sip on it b/w sets to finish it by the end of my workout.

i drink xtend all day every day. about 9-12 scoops per day.
    time to nut up or shut up

goal.
    v-taper
    bigger bis
    fuller upper chest
    31 waist
    >8% bf

i rep back. just ask

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good solid points. I use BCAA Max from sportpharma among others ( not a fan of extend although I hear its a good product).
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryan2897 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post

based on the article i would have to say yes

charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ryan2897 View Post
    based on the article i would have to say yes
    Totally Disagree, If your training lasts more than 60 minutes you should either take your BCAA's midway thru your session or add a scoop of Extend to your Intra drink.
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

Weight / 185.6

Fighting the Brotology. VegasPumped's Avatar
    VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alan Aragon, fitness guru says this about BCAA

Another nutritional mistake I made in the past was spending my money on isolated BCAA. It's amazing how you can get taken in by the hype of certain things, and I'm certainly not immune to it. BCAA is one of the most hyped supplements in the last decade, of course with an emphasis on leucine. The thing is, no one wants to accept that they're already taking down an ass-ton of BCAA if they consume the high amount of protein typical of bodybuilding diets. Anyway, I experimented with dumping my supplemental BCAA and slightly increasing my overall protein intake. Whaddaya know, progress never ceased, and I've been saving a lot of cash that would have literally gotten pissed down the drain.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/interview-...-mcdonald.html
    Add me on INSTAGRAM: @JadVegas

Originally Posted by SimplyJad View Post
    Alan Aragon, fitness guru says this about BCAA

http://www.alanaragon.com/interview-...-mcdonald.html
    Dude I totally agree, if your getting your Protien and using the right type of Protien. Problem is most dont and BCAA supps will help. Also totally depends on the intensity of your w/o those Aminos go really quick during a high intense w/o. Doing Protien during w/o's is not an option during a cutting cycle, and really unless your training lightly having protien in most stomachs during intense sessions will cause you to get stomach cramps ( at least it does for me, I know I've run that gamit a few times).

Weight / 185.6

VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VegasPumped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    Dude I totally agree, if your getting your Protien and using the right type of Protien. Problem is most dont and BCAA supps will help. Also totally depends on the intensity of your w/o those Aminos go really quick during a high intense w/o. Doing Protien during w/o's is not an option during a cutting cycle, and really unless your training lightly having protien in most stomachs during intense sessions will cause you to get stomach cramps ( at least it does for me, I know I've run that gamit a few times).
    While we are on the topic, there's something about companies sending out free samples of their products that makes me feel uneasy.

Almost all new and seasoned trainees are more than willing to tear open a packet of (insert supp. here) and try it out.

There are many chemicals in these supplements that can and have caused internal allergic reactions, rashes for example. So I'm always queasy when I see someone on this forum logging their 14 supplements. Other lurkers here will see that and dive in...

I'm rambling, do what you want, let's get jacked!

Edit:

I kinda forgot to reply to your post right there.
    What are we talking about here? Why does protein give you cramps while working out?
    We talking about whey protein?
    A steak you ate 8 hours before? Ground beef you ate 30 mins preworkout?

I won't tell you to change whatever your doing if it's working for ya...

People stress timed meals way too much. For example, if you ask someone here what they eat preworkout, they will say, oh, I eat ___ grams of brown rice or whole wheat pasta 30 mins before lifting.

It's as if they think that eating that 30 mins before lifting will have them filled up and ready to conquer the weights when the truth is, the pasta/rice is still sitting in your stomache and you haven't begun to absorb anything. Point is, you can be laid back when it comes to meal timing and still see the results you want. Something to try out, makes you enjoy the dieting aspect of BB'ing a lot more.

In my silly opinion, if you wanna take anything during your workout, take simple sugar, and you don't even need that unless you're on some 1200 calorie diet.

Just sayin'
    Last edited by SimplyJad; 06-07-2010 at 11:03 PM.

While we are on the topic, there's something about companies sending out free samples of their products that makes me feel uneasy.

Almost all new and seasoned trainees are more than willing to tear open a packet of (insert supp. here) and try it out.

There are many chemicals in these supplements that can and have caused internal allergic reactions, rashes for example. So I'm always queasy when I see someone on this forum logging their 14 supplements. Other lurkers here will see that and dive in...

I'm rambling, do what you want, let's get jacked!

Edit:

I kinda forgot to reply to your post right there.
    What are we talking about here? Why does protein give you cramps while working out?
    We talking about whey protein?
    A steak you ate 8 hours before? Ground beef you ate 30 mins preworkout?

I won't tell you to change whatever your doing if it's working for ya...

People stress timed meals way too much. For example, if you ask someone here what they eat preworkout, they will say, oh, I eat ___ grams of brown rice or whole wheat pasta 30 mins before lifting.

It's as if they think that eating that 30 mins before lifting will have them filled up and ready to conquer the weights when the truth is, the pasta/rice is still sitting in your stomache and you haven't begun to absorb anything. Point is, you can be laid back when it comes to meal timing and still see the results you want. Something to try out, makes you enjoy the dieting aspect of BB'ing a lot more.

In my silly opinion, if you wanna take anything during your workout, take simple sugar, and you don't even need that unless you're on some 1200 calorie diet.

Just sayin'
    lol right on bro. Ya I sometimes grab those Honey packets at the restraunts during my off season bulk. Ya I hear ya I never eat anything but a good quality Whey and never less than 45 minutes before w/o. Thats one of the reasons I use either Aminos or BCAA's I can take them during long w/o's. ( As right now I do not do Carbs during, before, or after w/o's. Only on weekends do I get Carbs. Protien and Fats have to work in my Macros and on 25% protien that aint much.

Weight / 185.6

lol right on bro. Ya I sometimes grab those Honey packets at the restraunts during my off season bulk. Ya I hear ya I never eat anything but a good quality Whey and never less than 45 minutes before w/o. Thats one of the reasons I use either Aminos or BCAA's I can take them during long w/o's. ( As right now I do not do Carbs during, before, or after w/o's. Only on weekends do I get Carbs. Protien and Fats have to work in my Macros and on 25% protien that aint much.
    I take it you eat nuts, meats, oils & avocados

EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EdizOz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great article to read Was always confused with the topic of BCAA's but i feel like i have a clearer mindset. Cheers

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm still not really sold on direct BCAA supplementation. I think protein shakes are just as effective (and even more cost effective perhaps.) I also don't believe that direct leucine supplementation creates any real off balances in the BCAA because most protein powders will have different amounts of each BCAA.

Anyhow, good article.

Thumbs up

I take it you eat nuts, meats, oils & avocados
    Yeppers brother man, lots of them........... Almonds, walnuts, peanut butter, Coconut milk & Oil, walnut Oil, Olive Oil and of course good ole wonderful tasting Butter lol

Weight / 185.6

Yeppers brother man, lots of them........... Almonds, walnuts, peanut butter, Coconut milk & Oil, walnut Oil, Olive Oil and of course good ole wonderful tasting Butter lol
    Butter?

Jeez, I try to get the most out of my calories, and I don't mean nutrition-wise, I mean, I like to enjoy & get full from my calories, so butter would be something I would never touch, along with oil.

But hey, if you can control your appetite, more power to ya.

I love eating, so high calorie foods that are non-filling are not on my radar.

Butter?

Jeez, I try to get the most out of my calories, and I don't mean nutrition-wise, I mean, I like to enjoy & get full from my calories, so butter would be something I would never touch, along with oil.

But hey, if you can control your appetite, more power to ya.

I love eating, so high calorie foods that are non-filling are not on my radar.
    Good quality butter burns fast and does not store, its a higher burning and faster burning fuel than reg Carbs.
    This difference is if you have any carbs left over your body converts them for storage, butter and quality oils are burned quickly especially if your training sessions are intense extended w/o's.

On Keto you have to fuel with Fats as your manipulating your body to run on Ketones ( which are converted Long chain Fatty acids) not on Carbs. So if you leave out butter mayo and guality oils your depriving yourself of pure high guality rocket fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weight / 185.6

Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ahal84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have tried many BCAAs from different companies and neither of those did anything ie recovery. I guess if it works for you then it does.
    After trying lots of different supps for two years and spending shet load of money. Food is the most important thing.
    Current stack: Food (lots of it), protein and creatine + multi with fish oil. I believe that is all you need. Unless you gonna jump on AAS or PH. Nevertheless good read.

Good quality butter burns fast and does not store, its a higher burning and faster burning fuel than reg Carbs.
    This difference is if you have any carbs left over your body converts them for storage, butter and quality oils are burned quickly especially if your training sessions are intense extended w/o's.

On Keto you have to fuel with Fats as your manipulating your body to run on Ketones ( which are converted Long chain Fatty acids) not on Carbs. So if you leave out butter mayo and guality oils your depriving yourself of pure high guality rocket fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a degree, nor have I extensively studied nutrition/endocrinology, but I don't think those mono and poly fats "are burnt quickly". I'm not gonna debate this, for I don't know much about this field, so disregard me.

Too little carbohydrates ---> More fat utilized as fuel source
    Endurance can be reduced up to 50% until metabolism adapts
    Glycogen stores become depleted
    Ketosis: Break down of protein (muscle wasting) and incomplete combustion of fats (ketone bodies)
    Possible symptoms: weakness, dizziness, tunnel vision, fatigue, panting, abnormal EEG, strange breath
    Possible symptoms in diabetics: unconsciousness, coma and even possibly death in rare cases

Blood acidosis may impair exercise tolerance and performance.
    Body can adapt and convert dietary protein to carbohydrates via gluconeogenesis
    As you can see, going through ketosis has its pros, but the cons turn me off.
    I can't imagine a low calorie diet (which already takes its toll on you) be more painful...

I need my energy!

Endurance/performance/energy levels take a hit. I think I'll be cranky and not enjoy the dieting aspect of bodybuilding.

I'm sure it works, for many have had success by low carb dieting. But I love me some ice cream 1st thing in the morning and some popcorn before bed.

Totally cool SJ, and Ice cream me gets on the weekend lol. As for knowing too much about this stuff, you did pretty darn good yourself my man. Nice accomplishment. Me Radical Nutrition techniques and Performance Nutrition has been a favorite pet of mine since I was in High School, dont ask lol way to long ago to matter lol.

Weight / 185.6

AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexSosnovsky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thank you

BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BABYLEG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good read

very helpful

cankooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me Amino acids are fundamental for me and their quality is important
    http://www.kosopad.bg/ Срещу косопад

fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fuggew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up supplements are for supplementation

Alan is right. If you are getting enough you neednt take more. Right now for me the option of getting enough lean protein in my diet is not an option, I am overseas. Whey protein here is 4-6 times the going rate in the states.
    This means I need supplements because I am deficient.
    Alan is absolutely right, people need to onlu supplement their diets when they are deficient.