sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50) sutter cane will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Too Much Protein Will Kill You?

"Quote:
    i would ask a doctor. a real doctor. not a chiropractor. my mom's aunt died because she had too much protein. i swear. the ketosis built up, or something like that. her kidneys failed, etc. when they did the autopsy her organs were, like, eaten up by protein. it was from protein shakes and it was the only thing she was eating (drinking?) at the time, so i'm sure if you are eating a balanced kind of diet it would be harder to die like that. anyway, ask a doctor. or a nutritionist. NOT a bodybuilder. i think you guys are eating too much for your health. 100 percent of the websites i visited to investigate this say you are eating too much."

thoughts???
    Current Stats

5'10 225 pounds

Shoulders:
    Chest: 47
    Arms: 17.25
    Waist 40
    Wheels: 24.5
    Calves: 16.25

PR's

BB Bench: 315 (2006)
    Squat: 410 (2005)
    Deadlift: 515 (2005)

kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im going to go with... no.

but of course too much of a good thing can be bad. just be reasonable with your intake and don't have renal failure!
    UniqueNutrition Representative
    www.uniquenutrition.net
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

Disclaimer: The above statement is my own opinion and does not reflect the official position of Unique Nutrition.
    -----------------------------------------
    When I get under the bar, I don't worry about dropping the weight...because it's not going to happen

I'm on the nightrain Hack Squat's Avatar
    Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only way a lot of protein will hurt you is if you already have a kidney condition. Drinking plenty of water is always a good idea though on a high protein diet.

The protein harming kidneys theory is flawed. Doctors would observe protein intake in patients with kidney failure. An excessive amount of protein in the form of meat, fish, milk and eggs seemed to gradually worsen the functioning of their kidneys. Therefore it was assumed that excessive protein worsened kidney function. The problem is that these observations were observed in people with a disease or illness that had affected their kidneys to begin with. That is like taking a guy with a serious heart condition and having them vigorously run around a track. That could cause a heart attack and death in those types of people. Does that mean running around a track will cause a heart attack and death in a normal healthy person?

Interesting to not that the National Kidney foundation does not have, nor have they ever had a positon on dietary protein causing kidney disease or for that matter any relationship of dietary protein to kidney disease in a healthy adult.

There are still eskimos out there today who eat extremely large amounts of protein and it is estimated that paleoithic diets were more than half protein. They for sure weren't running around eating breads and pasta.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You see alot of doctors are either mislead by this inofrmation or are caught in old medecine, I have alot of respect for doctors and plan on even becoming one in the future, but the whole protein thing got out of hand...

Protein won't kill you, unless you already have kidney problems like was already mentionned, if they did some studies on people without any renal problems the tests should prove that protein doesnt kill when taken correctly and in moderation....a 130 lb man cannot consume 280 grams of protein neither, its not exactly the ideal thing to do...you gotta know how much to take..

I mean a doctor told me not to lift too heavy when doing squats or deads because it would stunt my growth, I asked my trainer who trains me for free (he was a professionnal athlete trainer) and he said that theres no proof that weightlifting keeps the bone from growing...

So there you have it, docs make mistakes and there not the only ones...we cant blame the doctors here, in alot of cases its bigger than that...