sklee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's a good exercise for a freakish bicep burn?

I have stuborn biceps - and they're not responding to the current effort I'm putting into them the way I think they should. I'm working in 16 sets of low rep heavy - once a week. I think I've explored most exercises, so I guess I'm asking for help with technique and timing.

Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tempo for your bis is important. Concentrate on squeezing very hard and holding it for a good second or two at the top of the movement and really concentrate on going slower, grip the dumbell/barbell tight and really go as slow as possible. It puts the muscle under greater tension and may lead to bicep growth.
    Hope I helped!
    -Andrew

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Andrew is very right. You can get an excellent burn/pump with just about any excercise so long as you practice proper form. You can also experiment with the number of reps you use. As a general rule, the greater the burn and the bigger the pump, the harder you're working those muscles. If you're not getting a good pump then you're probably either in the wrong rep range or using poor form.

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    do 21's.... get a weigh anywhere between 30% - 50% of u max and then do 7 lower half movement, 7 upper half movements, and 7 full curls... thihs will give u a good burn.. use an armblaster too it helps

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try this one: standing alternating curls take 6 sec. to lower and raise as fast as possible, immediately with out rest go into incline curls using same format, then do preacher curls using a 4 second lower and a 2 sec pause at top.do 3 sets of this resting between the entire set for 2 minutes.

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You might just not be getting a pump because you are overtraining your biceps. 16 sets is a lot for such a small muscle (if I read your post right). Lack of a good pump is one of the warning signs of overtraining.
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    true. try cutting your sets in half and doubling the intensity.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes, intensity is key, variation is key too pick about 10 excercises and do about 3 of them every workout and alternate pick and choose and mix and match them example ill do this.....

1) wide grip standing preacher curls using cambered bar
    close grip standing preacher curls
    standing alternate dumbell curls
    2) barbell curls
    standing 21's with a cambered bar and a wide grip
    heavy negatives with a dumbell on a preacher curl bench
    standing concentration curls

use heavy weight for barbell curls and alternate bumbell curls and moderate weight for everything else if your cant get a burn from what your were doing, then your are overtrainign cause i get a burn every set i do all ya gots to do is keep your intensity up

BG21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BG21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BG21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BG21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BG21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BG21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want the worst feeling in the world- DEATH REPS- put weight on a barbell that you can't rep without cheating. Get a spotter to help you lift the weight. Then let it down very very slowly. Even if you feel like you can't do it, get your spotter to help you, but the purpose of this exercise is totally burn out your biceps with negatives. Also do 21's. Change your routine around often and do the workouts in different order to shock them. The variation will help them grow.

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try 21's and drop sets it'll kill 'em!

Peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma