kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kotetsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hand placement on barbell squats?

Wide grip? Hands directly over the shoulders? Where?

I was doing squats for the first time yesterday, and positioning my hands behind me feels awkward. It hurts where my bicep and shoulder connect, kind of hard to describe.
    Gainin' mass and scopin' ass

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    about 4 inches past shoulder width for me. but do what feels most comfortable

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what's comfortable for you. i find a wider grip is good for me.

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The wider you go the more comfortable you'll be, but it will also be harder to hold the bar. Just do it in a comfortable way and see if it works.

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i put my hands near the rings. i think i put my index finger on the ringfs. i forget i dont really think about it

i find a thumbless grip is more comfortable too

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Porky
    i put my hands near the rings. i think i put my index finger on the ringfs. i forget i dont really think about it

i find a thumbless grip is more comfortable too
    thumbless grip on squats; huh, never tried or thought of that one before.

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i find if i dont use a thumbless grip. it bends my hands back. try it out i love it i saw a guy do it in a vid so i tried it

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As already stated, do what's most comfortable.