Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile No more Lower-Back pain on Barbell Rows!!

I have discovered a "technique" for Bent-Over Barbell Rows that takes a lot of the stress off the lower back. Some of you may know this already but for those who dont, here it is:

Rock your body!! When you lift the bar, you rock forward ie lean forward with hips and extend knees. When you lower the bar, rock back ie lean back with hips allow knees to bend naturally for ballance.

Using this rocking technique takes a lot of the stress away from the lower back without affecting the weight you can use.

Give it a try and tell me how it goes

And heres my lame attempt at a pic using MSPaint.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rocky_Maivia; 08-16-2004 at 07:07 AM.
    neg reds on sight crew

HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i do them the regular way and dont have any pain

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: No more Lower-Back pain on Barbell Rows!!

Originally posted by Rocky_Maivia
    I have discovered a "technique" for Bent-Over Barbell Rows that takes a lot of the stress off the lower back. Some of you may know this already but for those who dont, here it is:

Rock your body!! When you lift the bar, you rock forward ie lean forward with hips and extend knees. When you lower the bar, rock back ie lean back with hips allow knees to bend naturally for ballance.

Using this rocking technique takes a lot of the stress away from the lower back without affecting the weight you can use.

Give it a try and tell me how it goes :thumbup:

And heres my lame attempt at a pic using MSPaint.
    Hmmm. I think I will give this a try Rocky. Cause I stopped doing bentover rows due to the stress they induced on my lower back. Thanks.

Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i do them the regular way and dont have any pain
    Thats cool. Keep it up.

Some people (bodybuilders) just dont do barbell row because of the stress on the lower back muscles. This technique eliminates most of that stress.
    neg reds on sight crew

Originally posted by DiamondDelts
    Hmmm. I think I will give this a try Rocky. Cause I stopped doing bentover rows due to the stress they induced on my lower back. Thanks.
    Good luck. these should reduce the stress big time (did for me). Let me know how it goes if you try them
    neg reds on sight crew

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck. these should reduce the stress big time (did for me). Let me know how it goes if you try them
    how did you find out about this Rocky_Maivia. did you just work it out?

btw i'd give it a shot on my next back day. week off at the moment (i'm enjoying it but cant wait to get back) no pun intended

Originally posted by tetsuo
    how did you find out about this Rocky_Maivia. did you just work it out?
    When I used strict form, I got pain in my lower back. One day I just did what came naturally. No more back pain. Then I realised that my body was moving as described above. So yeah, found this technique by accident.

Originally posted by tetsuo
    btw i'd give it a shot on my next back day. week off at the moment (i'm enjoying it but cant wait to get back) no pun intended
    good luck and
    neg reds on sight crew

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should never do those bent over at 90

Originally posted by DanMc
    You should never do those bent over at 90
    I agree. BTW, where did you pull that number from? Its not like anyone said do them at 90deg
    neg reds on sight crew

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    sounds good...

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree. BTW, where did you pull that number from? Its not like anyone said do them at 90deg
    Did you look at the diagram he posted?

Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    BB rows are a good lowerback exercises, dont cheat and take that away, try to get a stronger lowerback instead by DL and squats. If your arms can handel (pulling) more weight than your back then you are doing something wrong.

good luck!

Infection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bent over bb rows work your lower back isometrically ja?

bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmike21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will Try this on my next workout. My lower back really takes a beating, It kills me to bend over,after doing deads and rows.

Saving Muscle Since 2004 SavesTheMuscle's Avatar
    SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why never bent over 90 degrees? (Like the diagram)
    Workout Log:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=5195771#post5195771[/url]

Big Supplment Review: Updated as of 8/1/04
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=32c727bafc0d97038e2f325a8e7a9f20&threadid=295441[/url]

"Sucess is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchhill

Originally posted by Aarian
    BB rows are a good lowerback exercises, dont cheat and take that away, try to get a stronger lowerback instead by DL and squats. If your arms can handel (pulling) more weight than your back then you are doing something wrong.

good luck!
    Or you have weak arms ...

Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aarian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Your arms should never be stronger than your lowerback/hamstrings...