Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Strongest NHL player

Who is the strongest NHL player in terms of bench ,squat pc ecc.??
    What time is it?!?!

Game-time!!

What time is it?!?

Game-time!!

Are da dawgs in da house!!??!?!

UHUHUHUHUHUH!!!!!

Let's go!!!!!!!

crazydangles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i

I heard Marion Gaborik of the Wild can squat 600lbs easy, I know a lot junior fighters can easily bench around 315 330.

BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NHL entry draft bench test is 150#, if you look on nhl.com they have a .pdf file of all of the results from the fitness tests. Best score was mid 20s I believe (last one I checked was 2002's) and the worst was 0. Lowest BF was around 6%, highest was near 20%. But on the site they have all of the tests and best/average/worst scores. They don't include names however and it is only for the draftees. I would expect the average squat to be around 300#, just because I saw Gary Roberts squatting around/over that and he's 40

DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    propably big GEORGES LARAQUE
    Athletes.com

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Forsberg

DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Jwill
    Forsberg
    please tell me thats a joke

lindros maby
    Athletes.com

u

Seriously watch forsberg play, he never gets knocked off his feet, same with Gaborik. They both have really strong legs. Best bench would probably go to Worrell.

Re: u

Originally posted by crazydangles
    Seriously watch forsberg play, he never gets knocked off his feet, same with Gaborik. They both have really strong legs. Best bench would probably go to Worrell.
    nither does sydney crosby dotn mean he is the strongest
    Athletes.com

yea

Sidney is strong hes a man child, he held his own against 20 18 and 20 years olds this year in juniors, and he was one of the best players at the kings prospects camp in july if not the best, he was also one of the strongest.

NCPUCK7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forsberg has really strong legs, just like Gaborik, and Jagr. I remember watching ESPN's show on the Red Wings, and it showed Yzerman leg pressing a ****load of weight.
    Hockey is my life

Originally posted by NCPUCK7
    Forsberg has really strong legs, just like Gaborik, and Jagr. I remember watching ESPN's show on the Red Wings, and it showed Yzerman leg pressing a ****load of weight.
    yea there's a reason why yzerman has been around for so long
    Athletes.com

BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigZeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by DB15
    yea there's a reason why yzerman has been around for so long
    Because he runs show....

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by DB15
    please tell me thats a joke

lindros maby
    No, its not a joke. Scouts all across the NHL consider him one of the, if not the, strongest players in the league. Why do you think he's been one of the best players in the world for the last 10 years? His hands arn't that great, but he's so strong he's able to keep people away from the puck forever.

His father and another guy coached him when he was kid, I forget if it was his father or the other guy but one of them was a speed skater or something, so he was constantly doing skating drills until he came to north america. Sorry for being vague but I really can't remember, I read an article one time explaining the situation, though. It's probably on the web somewhere.

And Crosby is very strong for his age. He's like 5'9 or 5'10 and what, 180 pounds? Considering he's on the ice doing hardcore cardio like 3x a day for 10 months of the year that's a pretty ****ing solid weight. His upperbody is probably much much weaker then other players in the Q, but upperbody really isn't utilized that much in hockey..it's all about leg and core strength.

Originally posted by Jwill
    but upperbody really isn't utilized that much in hockey..it's all about leg and core strength.
    How do you think they shoot/pass the puck? It's all forearms, shoulders, and lats. Do some stickhandling drills for 15 minutes and see how your forearms feel

Originally posted by BigZeke
    NHL entry draft bench test is 150#, if you look on nhl.com they have a .pdf file of all of the results from the fitness tests. Best score was mid 20s I believe (last one I checked was 2002's) and the worst was 0. Lowest BF was around 6%, highest was near 20%. But on the site they have all of the tests and best/average/worst scores. They don't include names however and it is only for the draftees. I would expect the average squat to be around 300#, just because I saw Gary Roberts squatting around/over that and he's 40
    Were on Nhl.com to they have the test scores?

How do you think they shoot/pass the puck? It's all forearms, shoulders, and lats. Do some stickhandling drills for 15 minutes and see how your forearms feel
    uh.
    first of all, I said "that much", I didn't say it wasn't used. Of course your upperbody is used, however, in PAILS in comparison to the use of your legs and core.

if you think otherwise, then play something other then peewee hockey for 15 minutes and see which is worked more

Second of all, you're never going to increase the amount of strength you need to use with your forearms to stickhandle..I mean, if I stickhandle for 15 minutes, it's not going to hurt my forearms much because im used to it. However, if joe beef stickhandles for 15 minutes, it'll hurt like hell because he's never done it before.

Legs and core, however, are used in resistance to the person you're fighting off, or checking. Thus, I could have an easy time with a smaller guy, but then need more power against a guy who weighs twice as much as me.

All of the above is moot, anyway, because you don't stickhandle for 15 minutes in any given hockey game, let alone for 15 minutes straight. Most NHL'ers play what, 18 minutes a game? They'd be lucky to be stickhandling for 2-4 minutes of that..the whole 18, however, they're skating and checking and fighting off checks..etc..
    Last edited by Jwill; 08-15-2004 at 08:52 PM.

Originally posted by crazydangles
    Were on Nhl.com to they have the test scores?
    They did last year under the "entry draft" section. But it's not there this year. I printed it out and I could type it or portions of it up if anyone really wanted to know scores/tests

Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tman55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what are some notable names on there?

WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Tman55
    It's just draft numbers so people who entered the league in the last 2 or so years. Dion Phenouff is a monster and would be my pick to have the best numbers of top ten picks from the last two draft classes.

Originally posted by Tman55
    None, it only shows Best/Average/Worst scores. They don't include the names.

Originally posted by WHAT?
    It's just draft numbers so people who entered the league in the last 2 or so years. Dion Phenouff is a monster and would be my pick to have the best numbers of top ten picks from the last two draft classes.
    Nigel Dawes I would say would be a whole hell of a alot stronger than Phenouff. Although Phenouff is a beast

WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHAT? is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nigel Dawes I would say would be a whole hell of a alot stronger than Phenouff. Although Phenouff is a beast
    Yeah for 5'8 or whatever Dawes is he's pure power.

um

If you saw Phanufe hit, on the czech kid at WJC. He will be the best player out of that draft. He hits like stevens but moves the puck like blake.

What year was Phenouff drafted? '03? If so, Fleury will be the best player out of that draft, for sure. Think Roberto Luongo

y2j-hbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    glad it found this thread i've googled mutiple varitions and didn't come up with any stats.

TheImpeccable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'd say Todd Bertuzzi would have to be up there.

Originally Posted by BigZeke
    What year was Phenouff drafted? '03? If so, Fleury will be the best player out of that draft, for sure. Think Roberto Luongo
    LOL two years later and think how idiotic that statement sounds. Dion is MVP calibur.

silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10) silentassasin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    briere from buffalo. He trained with the canadian world's strongest man competitior(cant remember his name) for quite awhile. He's fairly short but held his own against much bigger guys( especially that goon from the senators)

RUTHLESS AGGRESSION!!!! my_whey's Avatar
    my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whoever said Peter Worrell needs to quickly take there head out of there ass. Just because he is a tall black guy??

He has long arms which is a disadvantage for bench for the guy who said he could bench the most. Plus, he isn't even in the top 10.

No doubt that goes to George Laraque. Guy is built like a linebacker and is strong as ****. Another one of the strongest is Donald Brashear. He spends hours at the gym.

Rob Brandymore(sp) believe it or not is probably in the best shape out of anyone. Another guy is Martin Lapointe who can bench 225 22 times.

Andrew Peters is also strong but took andro.

Originally Posted by silentassasin
    briere from buffalo. He trained with the canadian world's strongest man competitior(cant remember his name) for quite awhile. He's fairly short but held his own against much bigger guys( especially that goon from the senators)

Mcgratton is the reigning Heavyweight champion of the NHL. Ask Tie Domi lol.