bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000)

Full-body workouts? Need Help!

Hi guys,

I am heading back to college next week and will be very limited on time. I will probably have at most 3-4 days a week to workout. So, should I do a full-body routine or still break it up? If you recommend one or the other, please provide me how many sets and/or which bodyparts I should train!!! Thanks. In short, I need a detailed workout program!!

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how about doing a little research first and find a routine that will fit your goals and needs.

or you can just use the one in my signature.....

EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you do a full body workout a good rule of thumb for setting up a routine is as follows.

Start with the squat or front squat

Add a deadlift; stiff legged or bent legged

Next comes a bench movement or dips

Put in the bb or db row

Military or db press would be next

Now choose between pull ups or chin ups

Add auxilary work like calves or abs

Going by the above example, a two day full body routine would look like this

Monday
    Squat
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Dips
    Bent Row
    DB Press
    Pull Ups
    Standing Calf Raise

Thursday
    Front Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench Press
    DB Row
    Military Press
    Chin Ups
    Weighted Crunch

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by EliteLifts
    If you do a full body workout a good rule of thumb for setting up a routine is as follows.
    Start with the squat or front squat
    Add a deadlift; stiff legged or bent legged
    Next comes a bench movement or dips
    Put in the bb or db row
    Military or db press would be next
    Now choose between pull ups or chin ups
    Add auxilary work like calves or abs
    Going by the above example, a two day full body routine would look like this
    Monday
    Squat
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Dips
    Bent Row
    DB Press
    Pull Ups
    Standing Calf Raise
    Thursday
    Front Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench Press
    DB Row
    Military Press
    Chin Ups
    Weighted Crunch
    excellent post.

that was a great way to break it all down.
    sticky material!

oh, here's another way to look at
    midsection
    quad dominate
    hip/glute dominate
    horzontal push
    horizontal pull
    vertical push
    vertical pull
    calves
    grip

that is how i set up mine

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: Full-body workouts? Need Help!

Originally posted by bobcat
    Hi guys,

I am heading back to college next week and will be very limited on time. I will probably have at most 3-4 days a week to workout. So, should I do a full-body routine or still break it up? If you recommend one or the other, please provide me how many sets and/or which bodyparts I should train!!! Thanks. In short, I need a detailed workout program!!
    If you are a beginner, begin with 3 days per week whole body.

Graduate to 4 days per week split body in 2.

Graduate from that to each body part 1x per week.

bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000) bobcat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am not a beginner :angry:

I bench 350 and squat 460

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by bobcat
    I am not a beginner :angry:

I bench 350 and squat 460
    Then why are you asking others to write your routine?

I thought beginner when I saw the nature of the question.

Beginner is not an insult.

Train each bodypart 1x per week.