bearfan3454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hammer Grip Pull-Ups

Does anyone know if these are ne good..my gym only has these and no regular pull up bars...And i was wondering if these are just as good for your bi's as weighted pullups..I used extra weight with the dip belt for hammer grip pull ups..But i dont know fi there ne good?

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Hammer Grip Pull-Ups

Originally posted by bearfan3454
    Does anyone know if these are ne good..my gym only has these and no regular pull up bars...And i was wondering if these are just as good for your bi's as weighted pullups..I used extra weight with the dip belt for hammer grip pull ups..But i dont know fi there ne good?
    I personally feel that these type of pull ups are the best for purely hitting the lats, but they will not hit your bi's as hard as chinups.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I can't picture how you can have only hammer grips but no way to do a regular grip.

Hammer grips are great for lats. I feel reg. chins are overrated for bicep development, because of the slack on the muscle at the start (raised elbow up by head position). I think they are good for brachialis/peak development though.

Infection has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like my gym a little. There's no pullup station or anything, it's part of the big thing with several stacks (rows, pulldowns, crossovers I guess) in the middle. It has the wide grip pull up grips, and the hammer grip, but nothing in between to do chin ups, unless you go with a super wide grip which just feels uncomfortable for chins.

Try finding something else in the gym which you can support yourself off to do pull ups. I found the little overhang in my garage works great for doing pull ups.

regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Hammer Grip Pull-Ups

Originally posted by Defiant1
    I can't picture how you can have only hammer grips but no way to do a regular grip
    I've got a similar thing in my gym. Basically the chinning bars are on the bars that connect the two weight stacks used when doing cable flies. These bars connecting the two stacks are large, and far to big to grip onto... In my gym there is a set of these hammer things protruding on one side, and then two grips for regular chins. I don't have the option to do close grip ones though.
    MyProtein Discount code : MP13318 Thank you please

bearfan3454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah it sucks..but **** happens..Ill just continue to just do wide grip and hammer gri0p

infection..thats the same way its set up at my gym
    Last edited by bearfan3454; 08-13-2004 at 12:42 PM.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Does your gym have a power rack? Most of these have a chin-up bar on the top that no one realizes is there.

You can use the Smith machine for chins also, just set the bar up high.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    neutral grip good for lats; i think reversegrip (chins) are better, but eh, what are you going to do

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    they are better than pulldowns.

neutral grip pullups seem to hit my biceps more than regular pullups but not as much as chins.

J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Hammer Grip Pull-Ups

Originally posted by Defiant1
    Does your gym have a power rack? Most of these have a chin-up bar on the top that no one realizes is there.

You can use the Smith machine for chins also, just set the bar up high.
    I do mine in the power rack because it's high enough for me, and the bar is more thick.
    If I have a training partner, I'll use a hammer grip attachment for the cables and put it over the pull-up bar between the cable stations. That is an @sskicker, but you neen someone to hold your feet for balance.

Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr
    towel pullups.

Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Predatawr
    towel pullups.
    Haha I love towel pullups but bodybuilders would be limited by their grip too much. It's like a mix between a pullup and a hammer grip though.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Stagger
    Haha I love towel pullups but bodybuilders would be limited by their grip too much. It's like a mix between a pullup and a hammer grip though.
    i can just see people using straps for them, lol!