mastaflex2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How does this work???

From an interview with david henry article:

[ Q ] What is your diet and your training like?

It differs from offseason and precontest. Last year my offseason diet went like this. My training partners and I here in Arizona maintain 90% of a bodybuilder's diet through the week. I eat clean during the week. Chicken breasts, brown rice. I maintain a carb cutoff point; I won't eat carbohydrates after a certain time. That's from Monday through Friday morning.
    From Friday afternoon until Sunday evening, it's everything and anything I can eat. Everywhere! We'd go out and we'd eat all you can eat Sushi at our favorite Sushi restaurant. We'd sit there for a couple of hours and knock off several boats of our favorite Sushi.

I'd eat a couple of pizzas. I'd barbecue a lot and I still barbecue a lot. Everyone who knows me knows I'm a barbecue master! I was eating a lot of ribs, chicken, chicken wings. My calorie content went up between 7-10,000 calories a day on the weekends. That's not hard to do when you're eating that type of food.

People think, "You can't eat all that," because they think I'm eating clean. If you're eating clean, man, that would be really hard to do. But if you're eating barbecue sauce, chicken wings, pizza, those calories will shoot up fairly high fairly fast. I mean, one pizza - phew! - that's like your sodium limit on one slice of pizza!

What is the reasoning behind eating no carbs mon through friday in the offseason and then totally pigging out on sat and sun. What is the point? Wouldnt it be better to just eat a normal balance of protien carbs and fat? Im thinking of trying this cause i can gain weight at all but I would like to understand some reasoning behind this method.

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ..lots of things.

1. Genetics

2. Body Type...Ectomorph, Mesomorph & Endomorph

3. Having a raised metabolism. You can burn calories at a faster rate than normal because sum people have a faster metabolic rate.

4. There are also studies that show increasing your calories every week or so can keep your body "guessing" and raises your metablosim..or something like that. I don't believe any of that since I have a slow metablolism and am a Endomorph. So I can't do the "cheats" that most can enjoy!

..Hope this helps.
    Motivation + Goals + Circumstance = Success

yes but how does the eating no carbs all week play in...? You need carbs to grow and fuel your workout and recovery. Offseason is for putting on weight and making gains how do you do this with no carbs mon-fri and escpecially how do you take in a lot of calories withought eating carbs. Sounds like bird feed to me or more like heavy juice use.

yes but how does the eating no carbs all week play in...? You need carbs to grow and fuel your workout and recovery. Offseason is for putting on weight and making gains how do you do this with no carbs mon-fri and escpecially how do you take in a lot of calories withought eating carbs. Sounds like bird feed to me or more like heavy juice use.

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: How does this work???

Originally posted by mastaflex2002
    From an interview with david henry article:

[ Q ] 90% of a bodybuilder's diet through the week. I eat clean during the week. Chicken breasts, brown rice. I maintain a carb cutoff point; I won't eat carbohydrates after a certain time. That's from Monday through Friday morning.
    He eats carbs..just eats a certain amount then stops.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    calorie and carb cycling is a good way to keep your metabolism high.

Re: Re: How does this work???

Originally posted by mondesi02
    He eats carbs..just eats a certain amount then stops.
    Ya it says he doesnt eat them from mon thru friday morning. This is more like not eating carbs....

..It says he eats brown rice during the week.