I've received TONS of PMs regarding ECY, and what exactly is it. Here is a quick breakdown of the ingredients and simple directions on how to use. I will also include a few links on where you can purchase these products and a few links to other threads. By no means will this be scientific, however, I will state what has worked for me and I hope others, who have experience with the ECY stack, post their opinions. This could be a simple Q&A
What is an ECY stack?
ECY stands for ephedrine HCL, yohimbine HCL and caffeine
Where can I find the ingredients for the ECY stack
* Ephedrine HCL can be found at the BB.com Cyberstore as well as DNE PHARM
* Caffeine can be found at the BB.com Cyberstore
* Yohimbine HCL, though not sold as a seperate ingredient, can be found as yohimbe at the BB.com Cyberstore. You can also find it seperately at other Internet locations. An internet "search" will accomplish this
What are the dosings/servings of the ECY stack?
If you are new to this, you will need to start at a basic level. Ideally, each serving will be:
* Ephedrine HCL: 25mg
* Caffeine: 200mg
* Yohimbine HCL: 5mg
The best (i.e. ideal) time to take it will be 30 minutes prior to a meal (preferably low carb) and/or 30 minutes prior to exercise. It should also be noted that yohimbine really isn't necessary to make this stack AMAZING. Ephedrine HCL and caffeine will do well. Many people will alternate ephedrine HCL and caffeine with yohimbine HCL with caffeine, as there is published material stating that the combination of ephedrine and yohimbine isn't wise. You can read up on it here
You should wait a few days before your increase your servings (assessing tolerance to the ingredients). In most cases, people will take 2-3 servings a day, with a few taking 4 servings a day and some whackos taking more then that . Each serving should be taken roughly 4 hours or more apart, and again, 30 minutes prior to a meal (preferably low carb) and/or exercise.
What pre-cautions should I take with the ECY stack?
Some basic pre-cautions include:
* Not surpassing 100mg ephedrine HCL in a 24 hour period
* Not surpassing 0.2mg/kg of bodyweight of yohimbine HCL (20mg for a 220lb person)
* Always watch for side-effects, including: increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased body temperature, et cetera.
* As caffeine is a diuretic, please drink plenty of fluids (i.e. water) daily.
What other links are there regarding the ECY stack?
* Sawastea's Review of Various Products
* Old thread regarding thermos
* ECA Misconceptions & Debunking by shpongled
* Homemade ECA by Manteca
The aforementioned links can be found at the Best Of Supplements Sticky
* EYC and where to get
This is a very basic thread regarding ECY. There are topics I have not touched, including other supplements to take with the ECY. Honestly, if you are a noobie taking this, stick to the basics.
Finally, please realize that these are supplements, they will NOT replace a proper diet and exercise program. They are used to 'supplement' it. Please use with caution and know ALL the side-effects of each ingredient.
This is intended for those 18 years and older
Thread: The Basics Of The ECY Stack...