reprobate4k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Steak Vs Chicken

hi guys,

this is probably a really basic question... but why is chicken such a preferred option for body builders?

im doing the whole weight loss thing, im down about 33 pounds so far (thats total, have gained some muscle as well).

ive been eating steak for dinner every night. am i going to see much difference if i start eating chicken instead? from what ive seen, 200grams of steak has about 10grams of fat more than chicken - is that a big number?

also, does the protein in chicken get into your system quicker?

my diet as follows:

7am - bran & skim milk, Protein shake (with water)

10am - protein shake and a weight watchers fruit bar

12.30 - 200 grams chicken breast and half a cup of rice

3pm - protein shake and a weight watchers fruit bar

7.30pm 200 grams steak, half a cup of rice and 2-3 cups of veges

9pm - protein shake (made with 100ml skim milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries & water).

my other question - i train from 6:20 - 7:20pm. should i be doing a protein shake just before working out? im eating dinner straight after - is that enough?

cheers!!!!

Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cost issues, i can get an assload of chicken beasts that will last a week at a much cheaper price then a bunch of lean steaks
    Deport ALL Illegal Aliens

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Compare the calories, protein, and fat in 200 grams of steak vs. 200 grams of chicken and the answer becomes rather self-evident
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

ok.

100grams of chicken is 116 calories. 21.8grams of protein

100grams of steak is 191cal but is 28.6 grams of protein.

so taking into account the extra protein and the calories derived from that... steak is about 100 calories more than chicken.

is that a lot though? im eating 2400 calories a day, so 100 doesnt seem much.

then again, over the course of 3-4 weeks that might add up to a pound of fat loss..

ok, im buying boring ass chicken this week haha

Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shawdowfox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    does it have to do with steak being red meat and chicken being white meat?

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Shawdowfox View Post
    Yeah, at least a lot say that. But I think that applies more to sedentary people.

I'd go with either if you can afford it. Both would be optimal imo.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shawdowfox View Post
    Most of the bodybuilders prefer chicken breast because it contains less fat and red meat isnt that healhtly for you. But of u like steak HAVE IT! just fit it into your macronutrients. ENJOY!

Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foreigner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Steak is great, but I eat more chicken because Chicken is a lot healthier then Red Meat.

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's mainly a cost thing. A lot products and foods that you see recommended so often here are because they are cheap. People recommend them, then new people come here and see everyone recommending these things so they recommend them, without really knowing why. Good example is Optimum Nutrition Protein. It is clearly the favorite here but it is certainly not the highest quality protein on the market (not sayin it's bad but not the best), but it is cheap.

cheers guys!!

im in new zealand - chicken breast and scotch fillet are about the same price.

might try chicken for a week - see if i notice any difference!

forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50) forcasa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey fellow kiwi!

surprisingly chicken breast is actually more expensive than quality steak here in most places.

i still go with chicken breast because i consider it healthier than cow, not to mention tastier and easier to prepare nicely.

AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdmiralColigny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for bumping this but I was interested in the subject. In my country you can get chicken just as cheap as meat BUT the cheaper brands of C. is often less nutrientrich and contains alot of water so if you want to consume affordable quantities of chicken you'll have to buy poor-quality products. That's why i prefer meat. I can understand why pro-bodybuilders are choosing chicken (A milli in food and "supplements" budget), but for normal ppl with normal wallets I'd say meat is the best option. Another + is the time you save preparing the food. Chicken takes ages to defrost.