kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaylers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brown rice pasta vs. Brown rice...

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows if I can subsititute brown rice pasta every so often instead of brown rice?

Thanks

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Every so often" is always fine. I have dessert and liquor "every so often," even.

Now, how often "every so often" is depends on your goals. Obviously, eating rice that's a bit more processed is going to have a lot less impact on your goals than dessert and liquor...so much less that many here would say worrying about it is ridiculous if you're simply interested in eating healthier. I'd go so far as to say that unless you're already pretty lean, any impact that it has on you is going to be too minimal to notice. For now, being able to have pasta might give you just enough options not to go crazy on a reasonably strict diet. And it will give you more to work with if you ever need to cut more things out of your diet.

So, be aware of your macros and the fact that (any) whole grain pasta or bread may be something to drop entirely in the future if you get stuck along the way. But for now, enjoy the option every so often.