Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bench Press & Long arms

Are long arms a disadvantage when doing bench presses?Can I still have correct form and target the pec muscle with long arms?

At the moment my grip is widder than most,is this going to be building my chest as much as I could?

Thanx Guys!!!
    JOsh

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i imagine long arms may be a disadvantage to how much weight you can lift, as the center if gravity is farther away, but it shouldnt affect the effectiveness of the exercise.. you'll be fine

Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Josh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cheers Buff Daddy,

I am just concerned with the correct technique,didnt want to be doing the bench with bad form.

Josh

Boa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry. As Buff_Daddy says, having long arms will definately affect the amount of weight you can use in all exercises. Smaller guys with short levers (e.g. arms and legs) will be able to use more weight - that's basic biomechanics. Not only that but they'll look more muscular than the taller, thinner guys because there's less space for the muscles to fill. But don't use this as an excuse. A bench press is a bench press. Use a grip that feels comfortable - not too wide, not too narrow (make sure that in the bottom position of the movement your upper arms are perpendicular to the floor), and always push to add weight if possible and eventually you'll pack the muscle on just the same as anyone else.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    i lvoe being 5 9 i can bench press like an animal and my training partner is 6 4 and stronger than me and i cna still bench press about a hundred pounds more than him. sorry but if yer tall then ya cant bench press heavy weights its the only advantage we have over u

xxSHOWTIMExx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xxSHOWTIMExx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xxSHOWTIMExx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it sounds strange but it is very true.
    if you see a stacked tall dude, give him
    some props, hes worked his ass off to get
    that way!

SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000) SionX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Heres what this guy told me a fortnight or so ago:

If you have longer arms theoretically it might help if you take advantage of the stretch reflex. That plus larger muscles. I don't mean bouncing the bar off the chest but rather slowly lowering the bar (I see a lot of powerlifters using bands to facilitate) and creating a stretch before driving the bar up as fast as you can. You might find your sticking point is higher - maybe about half-way up. With guys like me who have short arms the bar opften has a tendency to fail at the start of the push from the chest.

Hope that makes some sense. Still trying to make sense of it myself -_-

SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xxSHOWTIMExx View Post
    it sounds strange but it is very true.
    if you see a stacked tall dude, give him
    some props, hes worked his ass off to get
    that way!
    nice 9 year bump

DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ah hahahahaahaha

That is officially the longest bump I have ever seen on any online forum. Geez those were the days of 56k!

Yes having long arms sucks. I'm 5'11" with a 6'2" wingspan. All the more reason to hit it harder.

BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cramron View Post
    i lvoe being 5 9 i can bench press like an animal and my training partner is 6 4 and stronger than me and i cna still bench press about a hundred pounds more than him. sorry but if yer tall then ya cant bench press heavy weights its the only advantage we have over u
    It all comes down to training. Bigtallox is 6'8 and I'm willing to bet that he benches almost double what you do.

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Are long arms a disadvantage when doing bench presses?Can I still have correct form and target the pec muscle with long arms?

At the moment my grip is widder than most,is this going to be building my chest as much as I could?

Thanx Guys!!!
    JOsh
    Long Arms are at a huge Disadvantage compared to Short arms in Powerlifting, But your in a Bodybuilding forum so it doesn't matter about the weight being moved! You can absolutely build a great chest with longer arms on the bench press, Look at lou ferigno, He was a huge guy with incredibly long arms and have a phenominal chest. You have to put in the Time and Dedication but only person stopping you from doing it is yourself!
    Last edited by TheStreetKing; 01-08-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i read a quote from schwarzenegger (hallowed by thy name) saying something like

"it took a huge amount of determination and focus to bench 400 pounds for reps with my long arms"

must of been dishearting for him having to watch lil franco pressing the whole gym everytime he trained chest

but it just goes to show that your body has to work so much harder to keep up with what other little guys are benching if your a big fella...but you can still grow like hell from it as Streetking says
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Shorter guys can bench more but taller guys get the chicks......
    evens the score ;-)))
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SionX View Post
    Heres what this guy told me a fortnight or so ago:

If you have longer arms theoretically it might help if you take advantage of the stretch reflex. That plus larger muscles. I don't mean bouncing the bar off the chest but rather slowly lowering the bar (I see a lot of powerlifters using bands to facilitate) and creating a stretch before driving the bar up as fast as you can. You might find your sticking point is higher - maybe about half-way up. With guys like me who have short arms the bar opften has a tendency to fail at the start of the push from the chest.

Hope that makes some sense. Still trying to make sense of it myself -_-
    Would make sense if you had to go to full stretch to take advantage of the Myotatic or "Stretch" reflex, but you don't...

All other things being equal, shorter arms are an advantage in terms of weight movement.

All muscular movements are torques, and a shorter lever arm means less force needed to move same weight.

Targeting the pecs is a whole 'nother issue.
    Last edited by Defiant1; 01-09-2010 at 07:45 AM.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    9 year bump lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Shorter guys can bench more but taller guys get the chicks......
    evens the score ;-)))

I concur. They know with long arms and long legs..mostly likey the extremities measure up as well. Nice nine year old thread BTW.

Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't for the lift of make my bench press even resmeble Dave's 6 week bench thingy. I Can't get that arc
    Toronto is Bake crew
    Raptors-Jays-Leafs-Bills. Best 2/10 sport teams crew.
    Herniated Dick crew
    Mike Tyson admirer crew
    Homeboy Leroy crew

Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Loadedhammer91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i can bench 345 but i got short arrrmms matherfackers

callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So if longer arms are a disadvantage on bench press are they an advantage when it comes to things like Bicep curls? as you have more leaverage?

Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Holcster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Of course like others have said long arms/taller guys have a disadvantage on how much weight can be pushed in relation to strength. Say me, 6'2 with a wingspan of 6'7-fingertips almost to kneeds compared to a guy whose 5'8 winspan of 5'9. That's a large difference in how far weight has to be moved. Also, a shorter guy with a barrel of a chest and proper arch prob barely has to move the bar at all compared to a skinnier taller guy who is more flattened out.

I would just say don't be discouraged and just focus on your lift, not what others with diff body types are doing. Also, if you have very long arms and are going bar to chest I found I was putting tons of pressure on my front delts and working my shoulders too much. I now aim for about an inch off chest-just depends on body type and what feels comfortable

Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Loadedhammer91 View Post
    i can bench 345 but i got short arrrmms matherfackers
    ha, good one

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by callmestar View Post
    So if longer arms are a disadvantage on bench press are they an advantage when it comes to things like Bicep curls? as you have more leaverage?
    No. The torque required to move an object from the pivot point (which is your elbow) is measured by multiplying the distance of the lever arm and the force applied. It is greatest when the forearm is approximately parallel to the ground.

Essentially, the longer the arm, the more torque is needed and the harder it is to lift.

http://www.odec.ca/projects/2006/sabh6a2/3.htm
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

XshogunloganX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XshogunloganX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XshogunloganX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    long arms are a huge PITA. My bench is garbage but just stick with proper form and not max weight. Really focus on forearm exercises too and try to even them out.

With me being 5'11" i have OVER a 6'4" wingspan. It runs in my family with my grandfather being a golden glove boxer and myself a national ranked swimmer when i was younger. Its just now a matter of working out my forearms to make up for the lack of!

(photo was years ago before i started getting into health and fitness...but the arm length remains the same)

Good Luck!
    Attached Images

CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Arnold is 6'2

YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Long arms are definitely a disadvantage for bench pressing but they are an advantage for sports I would say.

acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrolicious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have pretty long arms, I've noticed that my (shorter) buddy can do 2x as many reps and slightly more weight. But, strangely enough I have an advantage curling (doing twice his max).

MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My arms appear to be on the short side and I'm short but I can't bench worth crap and I've been training for almost 9 years. Yesterday I benched 175 lbs for 7 reps. I'm actually very weak in every lift for a guy that's been training for almost 9 years.

I don't think "long arms" should be an excuse for being a poor bencher. As long as your bench press keeps improving that's all that matters and long arms should not prevent you from progressing in the bench press.

lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bad for bench good for deads squat indifference long arms doesn't matter too much

Registered User TallManSyndrome's Avatar
    TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallManSyndrome has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'm a short guy with short arms and my bench press is pretty good... in most gym exercises the shorter guy has the leverage advantage plus the short distance, obviously because in most gym exercises you're just working in your own range of motion with all the weight compacted on a bar. in real life both have their advantages though e.g. the tables turn when it comes to having to grasp large awkward objects, the taller guy with longer arms has the leverage advantage with their long reach. that's why in WSM the events range from standard powerlifting movements to loading those awkward atlas stones and sandbags.

that may not seem relevant to bodybuilding, but i'm just assuring/reminding you tall guys that your weak bench press is not some unfair curse

holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) holdonbestrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    u get it figured out brah?