peelmyskinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

working out every muscle twice a week

I noticed ronnie coleman works out every muscle twice a week and I'm considering doing the same because I have nothing else to do with my week. I will work out my whole upper body twice a week and my legs once a week. I will do this between sunday-thursday and then have 2 days to rest. What do u people think about this? Is there any problems with this?

Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000)
    well ronnie can do it because he recoevrs faster since hes on steroids

Plus he consumes around 7k calories a day and a ****load of proteina nd other supplements that help him.

NavySeal5427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I do is I work on my arms, chest, and shoulders 3 days a week and I work on my legs, back and abs, 3 days a week. So I work on myupper body every other day and my lower body on the days in between.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's fine to work a muscle twice a week as long as your give it enough rest and training it sensibly in the time before. Do 2-3 exercies, 3 sets each with 48 hours rest in between and you'll be fine
    Chicks dig big calves

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by NavySeal5427
    What I do is I work on my arms, chest, and shoulders 3 days a week and I work on my legs, back and abs, 3 days a week. So I work on myupper body every other day and my lower body on the days in between.

what's your volume like, that's screaming over-train if your training hi-volume
    Chicks dig big calves

Unknown_Rider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to do this kind of workout before. it looked to something like this :

Mon: Chest, Biceps, Abs
    Tue: Back, Lats, Traps
    Wed: Triceps, forearms
    Thu: Legs, Shoulders, Abs
    Fri: Chest, Biceps
    Sat: Back, Lats, Triceps
    Sun: Off

i was able to do it, sure, but i wasnt working hard enough in the gym. Recently i took a private trainer to help me set up a good workout and i can tell you i wont be able to do the workout above anymore. Now, it can take me up to 3-4 days to fully recover.

It's not "bad" to do this kind of workout but id suggest you to make a good one and to do each part once a week maximum.

Dont forget, work hard but dont over train.

Hope this helped

thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000)

hears mie

mine is monday-back bis and shoulders
    tuesday-chest tris
    wed-forearms and legs
    thur-same as mon
    fri-same as tues
    sat same as wed

thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000)

hears mie

mine is monday-back bis and shoulders
    tuesday-chest tris
    wed-forearms and legs
    thur-same as mon
    fri-same as tues
    sat same as wed

also abs and neck (no not traps) everyday with cardio twice a week

sry 2 posts

i have 2 posts i skrewed up but teh 2nd 1 with teh abs n all that is the real 1 i ferogt 2 add teh otehr things b4

peelmyskinnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys here's my workout

Sunday-chest shoulders traps
    Monday-legs back
    Teusday-biceps triceps forearms
    Wednesday-chest shoulders traps
    Thursday-biceps triceps forearms

Any suggestions on what I can change to make it better?

Originally posted by peelmyskinnn
    Thanks guys here's my workout

Sunday-chest shoulders traps
    Monday-legs back
    Teusday-biceps triceps forearms
    Wednesday-chest shoulders traps
    Thursday-biceps triceps forearms

Any suggestions on what I can change to make it better?
    monday-chest, shoulder triceps
    tuesday-biceps,back,traps
    wednesday-legs
    thursday-same as monday
    friday-same as tuesday
    Chicks dig big calves

Saving Muscle Since 2004 SavesTheMuscle's Avatar
    SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why workout legs only once a week? Unless your legs grow at a faster rate then everything else, you should be doing them twice a week with the rest of your body.

In a more simplistic split, you could go with...

Mon: Push
    Tues: Pull
    Wed: off
    Thurs: Push
    Friday: Pull
    Sat: off
    Sun: off

or a upper/lower

Mon: Upper (chest/back/shoulders/traps)
    Tues: Lower (+ arms )
    Thurs: Upper (chest/back/shoulders/traps)
    Friday: Lower (+ arms )
    Workout Log:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=5195771#post5195771[/url]

Big Supplment Review: Updated as of 8/1/04
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=32c727bafc0d97038e2f325a8e7a9f20&threadid=295441[/url]

"Sucess is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchhill

nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: working out every muscle twice a week

I noticed ronnie coleman works out every muscle twice a week and I'm considering doing the same because I have nothing else to do with my week. I will work out my whole upper body twice a week and my legs once a week. I will do this between sunday-thursday and then have 2 days to rest. What do u people think about this? Is there any problems with this?

I'd consider working the same muscle groups 2x a week as overtraining, that is if you're working them directly.

NK.
    6'1 foot (probably a bit taller)
    224lbs
    Arms L:18.4" R:18.2"
    Chest 45"
    Ecto/Meso
    12% BF.

Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: working out every muscle twice a week

I do that EXACT same thing. I workout my upper body twice a week, and my legs once a week. I do my chest/back on Monday, biceps/triceps on Tuesday, legs on Wednesday, and Thursday do Monday's workout, and Friday do Tuesday's workout. Then Sat & Sun rest.
    Currently: 17 years old
    Weight: 160 pounds

Max-OT: Doing week 3

Max-OT stands for Maximum Overload Training. It's getting the maximum amount of muscle in the shortest amount of time.

nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nk_84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by SavesTheMuscle
    Why workout legs only once a week? Unless your legs grow at a faster rate then everything else, you should be doing them twice a week with the rest of your body.

In a more simplistic split, you could go with...

Mon: Push
    Tues: Pull
    Thurs: Push
    Friday: Pull

or a upper/lower

Mon: Upper (chest/back/shoulders/traps)
    Tues: Lower (+ arms )
    Thurs: Upper (chest/back/shoulders/traps)
    Friday: Lower (+ arms )
    I guess that will induce muscle hypertrophy right?

If only muscle hyperplasia was possible!

NK.
    6'1 foot (probably a bit taller)
    224lbs
    Arms L:18.4" R:18.2"
    Chest 45"
    Ecto/Meso
    12% BF.

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mine is

Monday: Back + Biceps
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Chest + triceps
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: OFF
    Saturday: Shoulders + Abs
    Sunday: Cardio

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Blu1ce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I kinda workout each muscle group twice a week.

chest, shoulder, tricep
    back, bicep, forearm
    legs, abs
    day off

repeat

So my off days alternate through out the week

andryuha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Monday: Chest, Back
    Tuesday: Shoulders, Forearms
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: Biceps, triceps
    Friday: Legs, abdomen
    Weekends: off

moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow finally a thread that breaks the boundaries of typical once-a-week muscle exercise workouts!

i'm trying this one out

day 1 - arms, so Bis, Tris,
    day 2 - Chest, abs
    day 3 - back, shoulders
    day 4 - off
    day 5 - repeat day 1, etc.

SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you can work chest twice a week with only 2 days rest in between, you definately aren't hitting it hard enough.

- SsiK

Pure Dynasty C.C. 3 0 5 FrOdO_GoNe_BiG's Avatar
    FrOdO_GoNe_BiG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was doing this for 5 months until recently i went rly high in volume and now it takes me atleast 3-4 to recover

is a multivitamin safe Hacksquash's Avatar
    Hacksquash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by peelmyskinnn
    Thats simply false. Ronnie does not workout every muscle group 2x per week. The only thing he does 2x per week are his legs..1 day is for hamstrings the other for quads as well as calf work

moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    question - how do you know when you've recovered?

is a multivitamin safe Hacksquash's Avatar
    Hacksquash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by moosaman
    question - how do you know when you've recovered?
    A couple days after you stop feeling sore is a good rule of thumb although not scientific. Every1 is different so you have to know thyself.

true story. well i'm gonna try out that routine once my damn arms recover from yesterday, man they feel like pulp.. i love it . tuna here i come!

here's my arm if anyone cares-
    Attached Images