Detox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rope jumping for cardio

Hi, i'm new here. Currently lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio on my other off days. The exercise i use primarily is rope jumping as i don't have to leave my house for it.

My question : is anyone else jumping rope for their cardio as well? is there any recommended protoccol for it? example, the only one i know of and am currently using is ten rounds of 3 min jump with 1 min rest in between.

I tried a search for this and could not find any protocols.

Thanks very much.

iceberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Jumping rope is an excellent form of cardio. Ever seen a non-heavyweight boxer that wasn't ripped to shreds?

Location: But the time has come when all good things shall pass.
    Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i jump rope for cardio often man ..

i try to do 1500 - 2000 jumps in about 20 - 30 minutes.

Very good cardio, for your forearms too
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"
    - "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
    - "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."
    - "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off."

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by iceberg
    Jumping rope is an excellent form of cardio. Ever seen a non-heavyweight boxer that wasn't ripped to shreds?
    yep but could get bored if it was me...

Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what other muscles are worked when jumping rope huh ?
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."

Originally posted by Faitless
    what other muscles are worked when jumping rope huh ?
    Who cares? The only muscle you should be concerned with when doing cardio is your heart.

Originally posted by iceberg
    Who cares? The only muscle you should be concerned with when doing cardio is your heart.
    haha, true .. but working some forearms muscles wouldn't hurt too ... it's always nice to have big forearms flexors ..

blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    is jumping rope for 15 minutes quickly non-stop as effective as high intensity cardio on a treadmill(30 second sprint near all-out, 30 second jog pace) for 12 minutes?? i'm wondering what's better
    "Light Weight!"

Anything form of cardio that makes your heart go like the Flying Scotsman and leaves you gasping for air will do the trick. Be it jump rope, treadmill, bike, stairmaster, punching bag...it really doesn't matter.

Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr Predatawr
    jump rope is also good for balance and agility ... thats nothing to complain about
    I had heard results that its bad for your ankles or some ****, then fvk that, im gonna start jumpin some rope!

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i'd rather run 5 miles than jump rope for 15 minutes

jumping rope is TOUGH! excellent cardio exercise!

Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hombre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard somewhere that jump roping for 10 minutes intensely is better cardio than running intensely for 30 minutes... I don't have the proof of that though.

glengrixti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heyy buddy

Try to mix rope jumping in a curcuit training routine. I found it very effective!

Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Hi, i'm new here. Currently lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio on my other off days. The exercise i use primarily is rope jumping as i don't have to leave my house for it.

My question : is anyone else jumping rope for their cardio as well? is there any recommended protoccol for it? example, the only one i know of and am currently using is ten rounds of 3 min jump with 1 min rest in between.

I tried a search for this and could not find any protocols.

Thanks very much.

MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000) MusicalHam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jumping rope is only tough until you get the hang of it.. great for coordination and helps build the legs pretty well.

I jump rope / hit my heavy bag or go running.
    What ever I'm feeling that day usually.

If I'm working legs I usually won't run.
    If I'm focusing on shoulders I usually won't box. (Holding your arms up with 16oz Gloves for 30 minutes kills the shoulders.. gehhh)

I like to jump rope when something good is on TV or I'm in a music mood.
    I go running when I want to clear my head
    I box when I get in a /rageflip mood over various life things.. great to get aggression and frustration out.

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I jump rope for 5-15 minutes after lifting. I do a variation of regular jumps, jumping on 1 foot and double unders (rope goes under twice per jump) and I love it.

Cctaylor88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cctaylor88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wisdommaster1 View Post
    I jump rope for 5-15 minutes after lifting. I do a variation of regular jumps, jumping on 1 foot and double unders (rope goes under twice per jump) and I love it.
    Jumping rope is a super good warmup as well, great for blood flow. If you want to try different cardio I really recommend buying a pair of goggles and swimming