Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'3", 256 lbs
    BodyPoints: 8760
    DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DRK's BodySpace

Texas residents: How hard to obtain an automatic weapons permit?

I'm looking into it, but info is kinda hard to find. I'd like to know just for information's sake. I already own a few guns, and of course will be getting a concealed carry permit once I'm 21, and would like to expand my gun collection to include something with a little more firepower.

Anyone with any experience with this in the US, or more specifically Texas, got any info?

Stats: 5'11", 184 lbs
    BodyPoints: 29461
    JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JayWesson1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JayWesson1's BodySpace
    Not sure never tried...I would presume to say longer than it takes to get a handgun permit but thats just a guess.
    ~Jay Wesson
    "My will is stronger than yours"

Instagram: @JaystruthNPC

Stats: 5'11", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 17606
    Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Steak_n_Taters has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Steak_n_Taters's BodySpace
    I am fairly certain you are not allowed to get a fully automatic weapon even with a license unless you are in the military or police. I may be wrong, but I am almost certain you can't own full auto weapons.

EDIT: I just did some research, and it looks like you may be able to get one with a certain federal license, but you also have to have a huge amount of insurance, like $250,000 or something like that. I'm interested in knowing the exact laws on this, so if anyone knows for sure please post.
    Last edited by Steak_n_Taters; 06-11-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DRK's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    I am fairly certain you are not allowed to get a fully automatic weapon even with a license unless you are in the military or police. I may be wrong, but I am almost certain you can't own full auto weapons.
    You are allowed, you just need a Class III weapons permit.

It varies by state, but Texas allows full-auto weapons, suppressors (silencers), and short barreled rifles and shotguns, but you have to have a Class III weapons permit. I'm trying to see how difficult it is to get the permit.

Stats: 5'7", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 10531
    Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Buff Matt has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Buff Matt's BodySpace
    Seeing as you are a right wing extremist, i'd say your chances are slim to none.

BodyPoints: 3743
    DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadPresidents has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DeadPresidents's BodySpace
    Not sure how it is in Texas, but I know in Michigan you can only own them if your a dealer of some sort. And then you cant even sell them. Maybe the guy above that said class 3 weapons permit is correct and thats what it is. I was just talking to someone who is very knowledgeable about guns about this. I didnt ask what the permit was though as I didnt feel a need to own an automatic weapon.

Not that you can sell them if your a dealler...but he was able to own and handle them with this permit or whatever it was.

Why do you want one? Feel like lightin up a target beyond recognition?

Visit DRK's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by DeadPresidents View Post
    Not sure how it is in Texas, but I know in Michigan you can only own them if your a dealer of some sort. And then you cant even sell them. Maybe the guy above that said class 3 weapons permit is correct and thats what it is. I was just talking to someone who is very knowledgeable about guns about this. I didnt ask what the permit was though as I didnt feel a need to own an automatic weapon.

Not that you can sell them if your a dealler...but he was able to own and handle them with this permit or whatever it was.

From what I've found, in Texas, you can own them, but if you want to purchase or transfer one, it has to go through a registered Class III weapons dealer, even if it is a private party transfer.

And I kinda just want one to have it. I've got a few guns, but they are all practical (hunting, target plinking). Once I'm 21 I'' have a few carry weapons (I'm thinkin either an HK USP Compact .45 or a custom Kimber .45). I'd like a full auto for... I dunno, home defense? lol

Future former fat guy lordofchaos's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 354 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9617
    lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lordofchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit lordofchaos's BodySpace
    Unless your state law has superceded federal law and made them illegal, you can own an automatic weapon by following a few simple things. List of states that I know have superceded it with either more regulations or a ban are: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island, of course this is not to be taken as a full list and before you attempt to own a class III or NFA weapon you need to check your state and local laws for legality... (the easiest way to do this is go talk to the local chapter of the NRA as they keep up on these laws very well and can point you towards them)

Basic requirements of the federal laws are:
    1. Be a US Citizen at least 21 years old
    2. Be of sane mind
    3. Not an abuser of drugs or alcohol
    4. Have never been convicted of a felony
    5. Pay a $200.00 Federal Transfer Tax on each weapon purchased. (This is a one-time tax, not a yearly tax instituted under the The National Firearms Act of 1934 )
    6. Fill out BATF Form 4 and submit to ATF. This involves getting a Signature of the "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" in your area signifying that he has no knowledge that you will use your weapon for anything other that lawful purposes
    7. Have your fingerprints/photographs taken and submitted to BATF with the above application.

Now, remember as well, that any full auto you can buy now is atleast 20yrs old as there is a federal law (The Gun Owners Protection Act of 1986) that makes it illegal to register a full auto device for public sale after the date that the law went into effect (may 19, 1986). So you have to be careful, as depending on what you purchase, the full auto component may be registered as the sear (wear part, not good, can't be replaced if it wears out and you are out lots of cash) or the lower reciever.

Also, be prepared to pay lots of cash for a legal full auto, as there are many people who want them, and they get more and more scarce on the market every year....
    A diplomat . . . is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

In the beginning was chaos, in the end will be chaos, he who rules chaos rules all

"Don't let your learning lead to knowledge; let your learning lead to action"

The only way to get rid of violence is to ban people

cssteve is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post full autos in texas

Its actually easy to own full auto weapons in texas. However, there are a lot of loops that you must jump through to ultimately own one. This is not like going into your local academy and purchasing a rifle/pistol. First you will have to find a Class 3 FFL dealer, a quick google search will pull up many withing TX. Find out if they keep Class 3 weapons, which include full autos, short barreled rifles, and AOW weapons. You will then have to choose a weapon and fill out a Class 3 form which includes a fingerprint card..similar to appling for a CHL. Now come the fees and price..NFA law requires a tax stamp on these weapons that can range from $300-$400 for something like a supressor to $3000-$5000 for some of the heavy machine guns like M1919 browning etc. Also, like mentioned above, full auto guns are quite pricy. A "cheap" one like a micro uzi/mac 11 or mac 10 will set you back $3000 easily. Most of the full auto Ak's AR's and HK's run between $8000-$28000.Finally all of this boils down to what county you live in. The final say in you owning a Class 3 weapon resides in your CLEO (chief law enforcement officer) ie police chief/sheriff. You must get him/her to sign off on your form to be able to own it within the county. Its much like applying for a Federal Firearm License. Hope all this helps. If you have anymore gun related questions fill free to ask. I am a FFL dealer and work for a Class 3 dealer that provides weapons for law enforecment and private security alike.

Stats: 6'4", 255 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1930
    PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PatrickBateman1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit PatrickBateman1's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by DeadPresidents View Post

I've lived in both Texas and Michigan for extended periods of times... very very different weapon regulations.
    White Sox/Pistons/Red Wings/Patriots/Michigan Football/Hoosier Basketball

Indiana Alum

DreDay66

Stats: 6'2", 205 lbs
    scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scrinmaster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit scrinmaster's BodySpace
    It should be easy enough as long as your sheriff signs off on it, if not, just set up a living trust.

That's how I got my .22lr silencer, just money($250 for the can and $200 for the stamp) and time(~8 weeks from sending it out to getting it back approved).

Stats: 5'11", 170 lbs
    RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RustyZ32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit RustyZ32's BodySpace
    I dont think you can get fully auto weapon..not legally at least, my friend just got AK without auto switch or w/e its called, no problem.

Stats: 6'0", 209 lbs
    uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) uracowman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit uracowman's BodySpace
    You need a class III transferrable. From what I have been told, these are not very hard to get but you have to take a long class and submit to an EXTENDED background check.
    If you have low reps and people won't help you with your homework after starting a thread, pm me and I will make a thread for you (srs)

*University of Texas undergrad crew*
    *More Than One Crew Creator Crew*
    *Been On The Misc News 22 Times as of 2/12/12 Crew*

Please "moo" if you rep me

Creator of the:
    -MISC Wristwatch Crew
    -Firearms Crew
    -Executive Wardrobe Crew
    -MISC Beer Drinkers/Brewers Crew