Thread: Pineapple?

scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pineapple?

What do you all think of pineapple before/near bed-time?

Kind of high in sugar/carbs but iv read about bromelain?
    Last edited by scoch; 06-10-2007 at 06:57 PM.

M11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say lay off the pineapple before bedtime. It has a lot of sugars and those sugars will likely be just stored once you start sleeping and your body shuts down.

I would eat the pineapple earlier in the day if you are going to eat it at all. I would pick berries (no pun intended) over pineapple.

rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't worry about it. Keep your overall calories and macros in check and you'll be fine. Pineapple is not out to get you.
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=527284

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

FeMMisc SPA #5

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rockstarsar View Post
    Don't worry about it. Keep your overall calories and macros in check and you'll be fine. Pineapple is not out to get you.
    Exactly. Plus pineapple is great to mix with prebed cottage cheese.

IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    exactly..
    freed from desire. mind and senses purified.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes it is

@__@

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I imagine pineapple in the morning along with some eggs would be an excellent combination... maybe that is just cause I love pineapple.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by M11 View Post
    I It has a lot of sugars and those sugars will likely be just stored once you start sleeping and your body shuts down.
    Yea, those 30-40kcal (7g or 'sugar' with 1g of glucose) are going to spike my insulin and get stored as 2g of fat - I'll wake up with no abs!

Funny but my body does not seem to 'shut down' when I'm sleeping as evidenced by the 2-3 times I have to go pee in the night.

We are not computers - we don't have a 'hibernate' option - your heart and organs are still functioning while you sleep - plus your body is doing a lot of muscle repair which take up energy.

The notion of not needing energy while you sleep is just BS IMO generated by fad diets that want you to go to sleep hungry because you don't notice the hunger and can therefore eat more during the day.

polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say lay off the pineapple before bedtime. It has a lot of sugars and those sugars will likely be just stored once you start sleeping and your body shuts down.

I would eat the pineapple earlier in the day if you are going to eat it at all. I would pick berries (no pun intended) over pineapple.
    I completely agree. I have berries almost every morning. Berries are higher in fiber and lower in carbs than other fruit. Pineapple is way to sugary--I'd save it for a treat.
    I want to be stronger--I'm already lean!

Check out my myspace at myspace/polinutrigirl

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am all for pineapple. The sugar in pineapple is natural, its not like you are sucking down a 2 liter of mountain dew. I don't ever consider the carbs in fruit bad in the same way that the carbs in a can of Coke are bad.

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want some now
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jules Verne View Post
    Yea, those 30-40kcal (7g or 'sugar' with 1g of glucose) are going to spike my insulin and get stored as 2g of fat - I'll wake up with no abs!

Funny but my body does not seem to 'shut down' when I'm sleeping as evidenced by the 2-3 times I have to go pee in the night.

We are not computers - we don't have a 'hibernate' option - your heart and organs are still functioning while you sleep - plus your body is doing a lot of muscle repair which take up energy.

The notion of not needing energy while you sleep is just BS IMO generated by fad diets that want you to go to sleep hungry because you don't notice the hunger and can therefore eat more during the day.
    Right On.

If I don't eat a decent meal before bed, I'll wake up in the middle of the night starving.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i love pineapple, especially the fresh kind in hawaii. i can only have the low acid kind though, i hade a bunch of acidic pineapple first thing in the morning in hawaii on an empty stomach and i threw up my breakfast and spent the next hour laying on the hotel bed because my stomach hurt so much.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

chelseafc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pineapple

Originally Posted by scoch View Post
    What do you all think of pineapple before/near bed-time?

Kind of high in sugar/carbs but iv read about bromelain?
    "To maximize bromelain's anti-inflammatory effects, pineapple should be eaten alone between meals or its enzymes will be used up digesting food."

http://www.whfoods.org/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=34

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

if your body shuts down you should have that checked out

pineapple is great. don't have it before bed just for the bromelain though lol - you can supplement with that.

Originally Posted by alexclark View Post
    Exactly. Plus pineapple is great to mix with prebed cottage cheese.
    damn right; yogurt too. yogurt with mango, pineapple, and blueberries is the ish.
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by grapemaster View Post
    yes it is
    damn my pineapple picture wasn't working...

well now it is, wtf.
    Attached Images
    @__@

polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) polinutrigirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Me, too. I actually find pineapple too sweet. I have berries every morning in my oatmeal.
    I want to be stronger--I'm already lean!

Check out my myspace at myspace/polinutrigirl

kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000) kappakai is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your girl will probably thank you for it.

KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100) KublaKhan111 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't know but if you eat a can of pineapple slices before bed you will sleep like a mother****er.
    There's something mystical about pineapples, I'll eat a can of them, and feel like Woodstock is going on in my body. Not sorry for the bump. Pineapples are delicious.
    We are such stuff dreams are made on.

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KublaKhan111 View Post
    I don't know but if you eat a can of pineapple slices before bed you will sleep like a mother****er.
    There's something mystical about pineapples, I'll eat a can of them, and feel like Woodstock is going on in my body. Not sorry for the bump. Pineapples are delicious.
    7 years necro.. still not the longest necro done. i've seen 10 years.
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG