boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000)

Quick strength gains and losses, whats up?

First of all i should tell u strength does not come easy to me, i started benching 50kgs, military 35kgs, deadlifting 78kgs etc etc, over 7 month period i've only gained 20kgs on bench, 9 on military and 10 on deads, but lately i have been getting some good gains but then i seem to lose them, usually im doing my excercises twice a week and i'd say do bench on monday for 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, at 68kgs,then ill do it again on thursday and be able to do 73kgs for 6, 6, 5, 4, 4. But then ill try 73kgs, and be struggling to get 4 reps out, same with my other excercises, my diet stays the same, never drops in calories, aways get good rest, water etc etc...

What could be happening? It's messing with my head, i want more strength and im getting it but then im losing it, it's not fair. Thanks for any help.

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [QUOTE=boxtrot;50297561]usually im doing my excercises twice a week and i'd say do bench on monday for 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, at 68kgs,then ill do it again on thursday and be able to do 73kgs for 6, 6, 5, 4, 4. But then ill try 73kgs, and be struggling to get 4 reps out, same with my other excercises, QUOTE]

Lemme get this right... you get 6, 5, 5, 4, 4 at 68kg one day... then you up the weight by 5kg (11 lbs) and get an extra rep along with those sets?

If you made a mistake and meant something different in your first mention of "73kg", well the problem seems obvious. You're adding weight far too fast. 5kg is a massive jump in something like the Deadlift, let alone the bench press.

I recommend not going to failure on all your sets, and upping the weights by 1 kilo a workout on the Squat and Deadlift, and 1lb a workout on stuff like the bench and overhead press.

However given you haven't been training long, maybe you can add 2-2.5kg a workout on your Squat and Deadlift, and 1kg a workout on your bench for a short while.

That's a LOT of weight to add every workout but as someone who's been training only the length you have you might keep it up for a couple of months before dropping to 1lb a workout.

Don't add more. If in doubt, add less. Make sure the mind muscle connection is alive and breathing, make sure you increase your calories as you add bodyweight, and don't forget to take Zinc to replace anything you might lose during ejaculation.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    [QUOTE=Duckenheimer;50307091]
    Originally Posted by boxtrot View Post
    usually im doing my excercises twice a week and i'd say do bench on monday for 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, at 68kgs,then ill do it again on thursday and be able to do 73kgs for 6, 6, 5, 4, 4. But then ill try 73kgs, and be struggling to get 4 reps out, same with my other excercises, QUOTE]

Lemme get this right... you get 6, 5, 5, 4, 4 at 68kg one day... then you up the weight by 5kg (11 lbs) and get an extra rep along with those sets?
    Correct.

But if thats what im doing, how come it makes me go backwards the next time i do the same weight???

Originally Posted by Duckenheimer View Post
    If you made a mistake and meant something different in your first mention of "73kg", well the problem seems obvious. You're adding weight far too fast. 5kg is a massive jump in something like the Deadlift, let alone the bench press.

I recommend not going to failure on all your sets, and upping the weights by 1 kilo a workout on the Squat and Deadlift, and 1lb a workout on stuff like the bench and overhead press.

However given you haven't been training long, maybe you can add 2-2.5kg a workout on your Squat and Deadlift, and 1kg a workout on your bench for a short while.

That's a LOT of weight to add every workout but as someone who's been training only the length you have you might keep it up for a couple of months before dropping to 1lb a workout.

Don't add more. If in doubt, add less. Make sure the mind muscle connection is alive and breathing, make sure you increase your calories as you add bodyweight, and don't forget to take Zinc to replace anything you might lose during ejaculation.
    Very good insight, i will do what u said, but the question above still remains unanswered.

Zinc to replace anything i lose during ejaculation? wtf please explain.

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [QUOTE=boxtrot;50390531]
    Originally Posted by Duckenheimer View Post

Correct.

But if thats what im doing, how come it makes me go backwards the next time i do the same weight???
    Because you're upping the weight too fast. I don't have the answers to explain how you can up it 11lbs and get it one workout and not the next.

But I do know if you upped it by 1-2lbs a time you won't plateau like that, not for a good while. Up it by 11lbs a workout = plateau very quickly. Perhaps it's your body protesting against a dramatically changing learning curve. Perhaps you're training to failure (remember you're reaching very low reps and low reps can burn you out quick, especially if they're maximal). I don't know. I don't have a physiology degree but that answers the question as best as I can.

Oh, and apparently you lose some of your body's Zinc every time you ejaculate, which is why men often have zinc deficiency. Could be wrong there.
    Last edited by Duckenheimer; 06-11-2007 at 06:47 AM.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

[QUOTE=Duckenheimer;50408611]
    Originally Posted by boxtrot View Post

Because you're upping the weight too fast. I don't have the answers to explain how you can up it 11lbs and get it one workout and not the next.

But I do know if you upped it by 1-2lbs a time you won't plateau like that, not for a good while. Up it by 11lbs a workout = plateau very quickly. Perhaps it's your body protesting against a dramatically changing learning curve. Perhaps you're training to failure (remember you're reaching very low reps and low reps can burn you out quick, especially if they're maximal). I don't know. I don't have a physiology degree but that answers the question as best as I can.

Oh, and apparently you lose some of your body's Zinc every time you ejaculate, which is why men often have zinc deficiency. Could be wrong there.
    I understand.

But what do we need zinc for in regards to building muscle/strength?.