jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000)

Avoiding the vitamin

Okay, this is basically to find out exactly what foods would need to be included in one's diet so that they could avoid the need of a multivitamin. If anyone knows of like a list that could accomplish this please give me some opinions.

Diabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why would you not want to take a multi? is there a reason?

Theyre cheap and beneficial and should be one of the first supps you buy IMO

To achieve this youd have to eat heaps of all different coloured veges and fruits. you would also have to consume meats, dairy, grains, mineral water, etc. A well balanced diet should provide most of them but some areas/countries/foods/strains are deficient in some trace minerals.

You can live a perfectly healthy life without multivitamin/mineral but you dont know if youre getting a consistent supply of micronutients every day unless you basically ate the same amount of the same things every day.

do you know which foods contain boron or manganese or selenium. You could research this (which is a good idea anyway) but all this seems like alot of effort to go to when you could have a multi or 2 which costs a few cents per day and get the micronutrients you need in safe and consistent amounts

Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Avoiding the vitamin

Originally posted by jobber4eva
    Okay, this is basically to find out exactly what foods would need to be included in one's diet so that they could avoid the need of a multivitamin. If anyone knows of like a list that could accomplish this please give me some opinions.
    Go here & analyze your diet. Then, you can ask what foods are high in vitamin X or minerarl X.

www.fitday.com

Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Diabolic
    why would you not want to take a multi? is there a reason?

Theyre cheap and beneficial and should be one of the first supps you buy IMO

To achieve this youd have to eat heaps of all different coloured veges and fruits. you would also have to consume meats, dairy, grains, mineral water, etc. A well balanced diet should provide most of them but some areas/countries/foods/strains are deficient in some trace minerals.

You can live a perfectly healthy life without multivitamin/mineral but you dont know if youre getting a consistent supply of micronutients every day unless you basically ate the same amount of the same things every day.

do you know which foods contain boron or manganese or selenium. You could research this (which is a good idea anyway) but all this seems like alot of effort to go to when you could have a multi or 2 which costs a few cents per day and get the micronutrients you need in safe and consistent amounts
    You have the right intentions, but you are speaking pure foolishness. If you don't what your talking about, then don't type so much.

jobber4eva, I & many others have dropped multivitamins. B/c we started out just like you. It's faily simple to get what you need from your diet & after a while you will come out much further on top than any pill popper.

Diabolic, you might want to flip the coin. You really don't know what you are getting from a pill you pop. I could give you a crack pill & you'd swear it was working.

Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matadon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Qu4rk
    You have the right intentions, but you are speaking pure foolishness. If you don't what your talking about, then don't type so much.
    No, he's pretty much on-the-mark. You aren't going to die without a multivitamin, but it helps you to get all the required macro- and micro-nutrients, which are difficult to come by in most areas through diet alone.

jobber4eva, I & many others have dropped multivitamins. B/c we started out just like you. It's faily simple to get what you need from your diet & after a while you will come out much further on top than any pill popper.
    Great; mind naming one big-time bodybuilder in the past, say, decade or two who has dropped his dietary supplementation and seen real results come out of it? I don't mean some wannabe 'fitness guru' either; I want someone who either competes and wins, trains people who compete and win, or has a PhD/MD in a related field that didn't come from a degree mill. Anything else is just speculation.

Diabolic, you might want to flip the coin. You really don't know what you are getting from a pill you pop. I could give you a crack pill & you'd swear it was working.
    By that logic, you should get a gas chromograph and check that you're really buying meat and potatoes at the supermarket, instead of some evil crack-based replica.

See, at least in first-world countries, we have agencies that regulate the purity of foods, drugs, and dietary supplements; in the United States, this agency is called the FDA, and does a pretty good job of making sure that you can know what you're eating -- all those labels on the sides of packages that say 'Nutrition Information' are courtesey of the FDA, and are tested independently at random intervals; if a company is found in violation, not only are there steep fines, but the company is forced to recall the product, and often goes out of business.

So, no, you do know that the multivitamin you take isn't made of crack, because the CEO of the corporation that produces them would find himself in jail in short order, not only for FDA violations, but for violations of drug-trade law.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it."
    -- Goethe

jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000)
    qu4rk-

thanks for backin me up.. i know its possible to achieve this and it is something i want to atleast try to do. I eat typical healthy bodybuilder diet so i know im on thre right track with alot of the aspects of a vitamin. I was just wondering if you know of a solid list of foods that would give you what a multi does. If it helps here is what i typically have:
    Eggs, (w/ 1-2 yolk)
    oats
    skim milk
    beans
    steak,chicken,tuna,turkey
    corn grits
    whole wheat bread
    whey
    natural pb
    blueberries
    bannana
    raspberries
    tomatoes
    olives
    lettuce
    if there is something that stands out like im lacking a certain "ingredient" please call it out.

Originally posted by Matadon
    No, he's pretty much on-the-mark. You aren't going to die without a multivitamin, but it helps you to get all the required macro- and micro-nutrients, which are difficult to come by in most areas through diet alone.

Great; mind naming one big-time bodybuilder in the past, say, decade or two who has dropped his dietary supplementation and seen real results come out of it? I don't mean some wannabe 'fitness guru' either; I want someone who either competes and wins, trains people who compete and win, or has a PhD/MD in a related field that didn't come from a degree mill. Anything else is just speculation.

By that logic, you should get a gas chromograph and check that you're really buying meat and potatoes at the supermarket, instead of some evil crack-based replica.

See, at least in first-world countries, we have agencies that regulate the purity of foods, drugs, and dietary supplements; in the United States, this agency is called the FDA, and does a pretty good job of making sure that you can know what you're eating -- all those labels on the sides of packages that say 'Nutrition Information' are courtesey of the FDA, and are tested independently at random intervals; if a company is found in violation, not only are there steep fines, but the company is forced to recall the product, and often goes out of business.

So, no, you do know that the multivitamin you take isn't made of crack, because the CEO of the corporation that produces them would find himself in jail in short order, not only for FDA violations, but for violations of drug-trade law.
    Hi there, bud. I usually don't flame, but you kinda pissin' me off.

1) The body builders that you mentioned, what the hell you think they poppin?

2) Here is your fda regulation:

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-oview.html#safe

You yourself can take wtf U want. But when someone is asking for an alternative, please don't tell them it is pointless. Sorry, to rock the boat. But I like natural ****. Just my 2 cents worth.

qu4rk-

thanks for backin me up.. i know its possible to achieve this and it is something i want to atleast try to do. I eat typical healthy bodybuilder diet so i know im on thre right track with alot of the aspects of a vitamin. I was just wondering if you know of a solid list of foods that would give you what a multi does. If it helps here is what i typically have:
    Eggs, (w/ 1-2 yolk)
    oats
    skim milk
    beans
    steak,chicken,tuna,turkey
    corn grits
    whole wheat bread
    whey
    natural pb
    blueberries
    bannana
    raspberries
    tomatoes
    olives
    lettuce
    if there is something that stands out like im lacking a certain "ingredient" please call it out.
    Sorry about that previous post.

1st thing is goto the site posted above. Enter a your exact daily diet. It takes some time, but portion sizes play a major role. I.e. U got skim milk listed, but if you wondering about something like Ca, then there is about 300 mg in 1 cup.

Anyways, after logging a typical diet, then you can goto reports & it shows you what you are getting vs. RDA's. Don't use this cut & dry. It simply gives you things you need to tweak. Also, this will be a great way to see how much p/c/f you have, it even breaks down the sat/unsat fats for ya.

MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm all for consuming veggies and fruits rich in micronutrients, but adding a multivitamin to ensure this will only help (not REPLACING, SUPPLEMENTING)

so you're against the multi, but think the FDA is pretty accurate in their RDA's?

50g of protein a day is obviously sufficient, as long as you have 300g of carbs, right?

Why would their micronutrient RDAs be any better than their macro?

no offense (i love when ppl say that cuz were obviously trying to offend you) but multivitamins are about as natural as they come when it comes to supplementing.

You're gonna hafta pry my frickin Centrum outta my dead fingers
    Max-OT Style Training Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142350311

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's not impossible, but very bloody unlikely that you would be able to eat a diet EVERY day that would provide you all the vitamins/minerals that you need EVERY day. Good luck with it though. Seems like a silly little plan.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Thankyou matadon majicpunt and melkor for keeping some sense in this thread.

Qu4rk (?) i suggest it is you who shouldnt type so much as you dont seem to know what youre talking about / are talking crap. you may not want to supplement your diet but somehow i doubt youre getting the correct amount of micronutrients in your diet without doing it. Sorry.

i never said you couldnt be fine without, i said you had a better chance of covering all bases with one. people are constantly having to repeat themselves on these boards coz someone like you comes in blurting out a load.

what do you mean i dont know whats in those pills? it says whats in them on the side of the jar and if they were lying do you think that all the independent testing labs wouldnt bust them? The product wouldnt be on the shelf.
    i also dont buy inferior products.

jobber4eva good luck with dropping the multis, i was just offering my advice as noone else had until qu4rk came along. youl be fine AS I SAID but i still dont see why youre doing it.

like you qu4ck i dont usually flame (actually ive never) but if someone calls me a fool for no justifiable reason i may have to tell them to think with their mind, not their ass.
    Last edited by Diabolic; 08-05-2004 at 12:55 AM.

Well, the original post stated "please help me get rid of my multivitamin?" I don't remember reading, "can you convince me that I need it?"

I'm not telling him he should drop his multi. I'm helping him with his post. I have seen no one else do this. Since the name of this forum is nutrition, I would say that fits.

You can live a perfectly healthy life without multivitamin/mineral

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    major bump on what Diabolic has stated, i meanyou couldnt possibly keep this up, this is why we have multi, not just for convience, but hell its near impossible to do it esspecially for those trace minerals.

Sure its good to get it from natural source, but you cant do it for every vitamin and mineral PLUS get the sufficient amount.

Take this for example, I take 3g of C a day and 800mg of E (I lots more vitamins, but im using this as an example) A typical orange only has about 15-60mg of Vitamin C and to get all the E you need from Grapes would be expensive, plus think about all that 100s and 100s of grams of Fructose (sugar) that you will be puttin in your body. That is just WAY overboard.

You need your multi, even trainers recommend them and extra vitamins for their clients. I totally understand what you are trying to do, but without the right knowledge and education on this matter you simply dont quite understand how near impossible that is, plus how much $$$ that would take to accomplish that EVERYDAY, just get the multi and some extra vitamins.
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to think a multivitamin was a necessity, but I havent taken one in months. I just try to eat different things in each meal.
    i have a lot of tattoos for a 21 year old

myspace.com/agstud3

Your Ad Here has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it me, or are the posts around here getting dumber and dumber?

Does anyone know what foods have lots of moisture so I can avoid drinking fluids?

kj2833 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Your Ad Here
    Is it me, or are the posts around here getting dumber and dumber?

Does anyone know what foods have lots of moisture so I can avoid drinking fluids?
    No its not just you

I currently take vitamin supplements each day. Are they doing me any good, or am I just wasting my money?

"A healthy balanced diet, which includes plenty of fruit and vegetables, is rich in starchy foods and contains moderate amounts of dairy products, and moderate amounts of meat and meat alternatives, will provide all the nutrients that MOST people need. Vitamin and mineral supplements are no substitute for good eating habits."

bber's are not most people. To feed a bber is an immense task, you could spend all day going about food selection. even the naysayers realize that there are times when they are beneficial. You cant expect this people to think of the bodybuilder, we really are a small demographic usually not worth mentioning or understanding.

"Supplements are recommended for some people."

http://www.food.gov.uk/healthiereati...aminsminerals/

if you want to get the main ones though.

vitamin A apricots, nectarines, and cantaloupe, guava Vitamin A is in lots of different vegetables too, like carrots, spinach, and pumpkins. fortified milk fish

The B vitamins are also found in different kinds of meat, like beef, pork, and chicken. Other foods that contain some B vitamins are enriched breads and cereals (enriched means that something has been added), whole wheat grains, green leafy vegetables like spinach and broccoli, and dried beans.

vitamin C It's in lots of sweet fruits, like oranges, tangerines, lemons, grapefruit, honeydew melon, watermelon, strawberries, and raspberries. orange juice and grapefruit juice are both full of vitamin C. There are tasty veggies that have vitamin C, like broccoli, tomatoes, and green peppers.

Drinking milk is a great way to get your body the D it deserves. pudding. And while you can't eat it, the sun is another source of vitamin D. Tuna fish is a great source of vitamin D, and so are eggs.

vitamin E from oils. Not suntan oils -- vegetable oils! Many foods, like corn and sunflower seeds, contain a lot of oils that have vitamin E. Vitamin E is also found in dark, leafy green vegetables like spinach. It's in different kinds of nuts, especially peanuts.

vitamin K There is a lot of it in dark green vegetables like broccoli and spinach. It's found in other veggies, too, like lettuce and cabbage, or cheese

calcium is in lots of dairy products, like milk, yogurt, frozen yogurt, and milk shakes. It's also found in many different kinds of cheeses ice cream, some juices, like orange juice, are even fortified with calcium

iron Red meat, liver, and dried beans (especially baked beans) all have iron. So do a baked potato (with its skin) and apricots. Enriched or whole-grain breads, plus cereals like cream of wheat, are also good ways to get iron (enriched means that something has been added). How about a hamburger for lots of iron? or raisins.

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by kj2833
    I currently take vitamin supplements each day. Are they doing me any good, or am I just wasting my money?

"A healthy balanced diet, which includes plenty of fruit and vegetables, is rich in starchy foods and contains moderate amounts of dairy products, and moderate amounts of meat and meat alternatives, will provide all the nutrients that MOST people need. Vitamin and mineral supplements are no substitute for good eating habits."

bber's are not most people. To feed a bber is an immense task, you could spend all day going about food selection. even the naysayers realize that there are times when they are beneficial. You cant expect this people to think of the bodybuilder, we really are a small demographic usually not worth mentioning or understanding.

"Supplements are recommended for some people."

http://www.food.gov.uk/healthiereati...aminsminerals/

if you want to get the main ones though.

vitamin A apricots, nectarines, and cantaloupe, guava Vitamin A is in lots of different vegetables too, like carrots, spinach, and pumpkins. fortified milk fish

The B vitamins are also found in different kinds of meat, like beef, pork, and chicken. Other foods that contain some B vitamins are enriched breads and cereals (enriched means that something has been added), whole wheat grains, green leafy vegetables like spinach and broccoli, and dried beans.

vitamin C It's in lots of sweet fruits, like oranges, tangerines, lemons, grapefruit, honeydew melon, watermelon, strawberries, and raspberries. orange juice and grapefruit juice are both full of vitamin C. There are tasty veggies that have vitamin C, like broccoli, tomatoes, and green peppers.

Drinking milk is a great way to get your body the D it deserves. pudding. And while you can't eat it, the sun is another source of vitamin D. Tuna fish is a great source of vitamin D, and so are eggs.

vitamin E from oils. Not suntan oils -- vegetable oils! Many foods, like corn and sunflower seeds, contain a lot of oils that have vitamin E. Vitamin E is also found in dark, leafy green vegetables like spinach. It's in different kinds of nuts, especially peanuts.

vitamin K There is a lot of it in dark green vegetables like broccoli and spinach. It's found in other veggies, too, like lettuce and cabbage, or cheese

calcium is in lots of dairy products, like milk, yogurt, frozen yogurt, and milk shakes. It's also found in many different kinds of cheeses ice cream, some juices, like orange juice, are even fortified with calcium

iron Red meat, liver, and dried beans (especially baked beans) all have iron. So do a baked potato (with its skin) and apricots. Enriched or whole-grain breads, plus cereals like cream of wheat, are also good ways to get iron (enriched means that something has been added). How about a hamburger for lots of iron? or raisins.
    thats easy, but its a matter of getting a decent dose mg/g wise, but those offer no more than <100mg for each vitamin. I would try that, yet still take my multi so i have all bases covered, bc like i said trace minerals are important

Also when you are decifficent in one vitamin/mineral it can lead to another vitamin/mineral not being effeicent.
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Originally posted by zachattack43
    thats easy, but its a matter of getting a decent dose mg/g wise, but those offer no more than <100mg for each vitamin. I would try that, yet still take my multi so i have all bases covered, bc like i said trace minerals are important

Also when you are decifficent in one vitamin/mineral it can lead to another vitamin/mineral not being effeicent.
    i agree, i just hate to talk negative without contributing something. The other thing not mentioned is that this is based on the RDA, which is pretty far off from the diet i have to eat everyday.

Originally posted by kj2833
    i agree, i just hate to talk negative without contributing something. The other thing not mentioned is that this is based on the RDA, which is pretty far off from the diet i have to eat everyday.
    not to mention the excess carbs from fruit and all

MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure if taking a multivitamin neccessarily makes one a "pill popper", It's something everyone should take and you're really making life difficult for yourself by trying to get all the vitamins that you need from other sources. As far as supplements go, I'd say it's the bare minimum.
    Keep punishin'

benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benca1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Having at least 2 servings of a good vegetable contains more micronutrients then the majority of foods. And unlike vitamins, these come with other benefits like fiber.

Mix up a good spinach salad, which are hard as hell to get sick of. Or steam some brochlli and have it with a pat of butter (4 grams of fat for godsakes). Or grill off a few vegetables when you use the grill.

Too bad vegetable farmers don't have the marketing budget of some vitamin companies, eh?

You guys are hilarious. I'm glad I found BB.com.

jobber4eva is on his way to knowing what he eats, that's all. If nothing else, it will help him have a better sense of what he may not need in the future.

You guys are making a good point about the multivitamin. If all I ate is whey, meat & dex...I'm sure a multivitamin would be a must.

Originally posted by Qu4rk

You guys are making a good point about the multivitamin. If all I ate is whey, meat & dex...I'm sure a multivitamin would be a must.
    yea....thats all we eat.............please

Originally posted by zachattack43
    yea....thats all we eat.............please
    I figured it was.

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm dumber for having read this, thanks

I will concede that one should know what they eat and have a very good idea of the nutrients in such foods, sure. What I do not understand is why one would put any effort into NOT taking a simple, cheap, and easily obtainable multivitamin which would help them ensure they are getting certain vitamins and minerals.

We know a few things:

1. Is a multi a "must": NO
    2. Is a multi a good idea: YES

What's the problem here? If this guy wants to anayze his diet, great...but IMO the reach of taking no multi is simply not worth it and ridiculous.
    "Homebrewing is easier than my ex-girlfriend" - Kitchen Chemist

jweave23@cyber-rights.net

BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Avoiding the vitamin

This could be done, but that's a lot of time and effort to find out how to stay on top of all your requirements as a BB and then to always eat exactly everything you need each and every day. I know a lot of people that are all organic and natural food fanatics and they haven't even tried this. I have been told by more than one doctor in my life that if you are eating a well balanced diet there is no reason to take a multi. That said -- when I look at my diet I can tell very easily I am missing half of what's in that multi. As a BB it is important to keep all the nutrients that your body needs and you have to also accept that you are burning them faster than the normal joe sitting around in his lounger every night.

So, if you want to dump the multi just be prepared to spend some research time and then be very committed to getting all those things in your body each and every day - or - you can just drop a multi and not worry about it.
    "There are those that talk a good game, and then there are those that just do it!"