Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nGuyeN321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When to take L-Glutamine?

Some people told me to take it in the morning and post-workout. Other people tell me to take it Pre-workout and Before bed. Now its just confusing me.
    Which should i take?

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The best times to use it are first thing in the morning, about 30 minutes before training, immediately after training, and about 30 min before bed. L-glutamine must be taken on an empty stomach to be absorbed properly, so make sure not to eat for at least 30 min after taking it.
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

nGuyeN321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by sixthsense
    The best times to use it are first thing in the morning, about 30 minutes before training, immediately after training, and about 30 min before bed. L-glutamine must be taken on an empty stomach to be absorbed properly, so make sure not to eat for at least 30 min after taking it.
    4 times?
    thats alot your shure dude?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Save your money and increase your protein intake instead IMO.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by nGuyeN321
    4 times?
    thats alot your shure dude?
    Yes, I'm sure. I have used it up to 7 times per day with awesome results. However, I am a competitive bodybuilder and you do not need to be so excessive. If you want to take it just twice per day go with 5 g before and after training on workout days and on off days 5 g in the morning and before bed.

MrWiggles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    huh?
    the intracellular concentration of glutamine has been estimated to be around 20 mmol/L (bergstrt al. 1974). what does that mean? well, it is how much glutamine is outside the cell, but i can tell you that it means that theres at least 30-fold more glutamine intracellularly than extracellularly. that means that there is no way you can push glutamine into a cell when there is no deficiancy. the best time to take this worthless supplement is post wo. david tolson found a scientific paper show marathon runners recovered glutamine level 6-9 hours later. glutamine can be synthesized by the enzyme glutamine synthetase. so all you need is some protein post wo, not a single amino acid.

awesome results

it couldnt possibly be that it takes energy to convert to glucose and burns fat in the process

I am a competitive bodybuilder
    it must be the glutamine. how very scientific.

Originally posted by MrWiggles
    huh?
    the intracellular concentration of glutamine has been estimated to be around 20 mmol/L (bergstrt al. 1974). what does that mean? well, it is how much glutamine is outside the cell, but i can tell you that it means that theres at least 30-fold more glutamine intracellularly than extracellularly. that means that there is no way you can push glutamine into a cell when there is no deficiancy. the best time to take this worthless supplement is post wo. david tolson found a scientific paper show marathon runners recovered glutamine level 6-9 hours later. glutamine can be synthesized by the enzyme glutamine synthetase. so all you need is some protein post wo, not a single amino acid.
    Mr Wiggly...you can post all the so-called science you want about glutamine and do your best to discredit me, but I am not going to get into an argument with you about the efficacy of glutamine. That has been done on here ad nauseum.

I KNOW what glutamine has done for my physique and the physiques of the hundreds of people I have worked with. Plus I have discussed the subject with some of the brightest trainers in the industry and most use large amounts of glutamine with their athletes and bodybuilders.

I have been in this game for almost 20 years and am no newbie. I have kept careful records of everything that has had an effect...positive and negative...on my physique and performance which includes various dieting techniques, training methodologies, and supplementation protocols...and this is especially important when training drug free. I have also done the same with dozens of clients.

Glutamine is extremely usefull all year around but becomes even more so in dieting phases.

Post 100 studies on the subject if you wish and even better, print them and stack them in a pile and lift them over your head for 3 sets of 10 and you will begin to develop your shoulders.

I'm done with this one.

Mr Wiggly...you can post all the so-called science you want about glutamine and do your best to discredit me, but I am not going to get into an argument with you about the efficacy of glutamine. That has been done on here ad nauseum.

I KNOW what glutamine has done for my physique and the physiques of the hundreds of people I have worked with. Plus I have discussed the subject with some of the brightest trainers in the industry and most use large amounts of glutamine with their athletes and bodybuilders.

I have been in this game for almost 20 years and am no newbie. I have kept careful records of everything that has had an effect...positive and negative...on my physique and performance which includes various dieting techniques, training methodologies, and supplementation protocols...and this is especially important when training drug free. I have also done the same with dozens of clients.

Glutamine is extremely usefull all year around but becomes even more so in dieting phases.

Post 100 studies on the subject if you wish and even better, print them and stack them in a pile and lift them over your head for 3 sets of 10 and you will begin to develop your shoulders.

I'm done with this one.
    oh god.

BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, I'm sure. I have used it up to 7 times per day with awesome results. However, I am a competitive bodybuilder and you do not need to be so excessive. If you want to take it just twice per day go with 5 g before and after training on workout days and on off days 5 g in the morning and before bed.
    But you said on an empty stomach. What if you are taking CEX 30 minutes before and right after training? How would you work in the Ox, Glutamine, and BCAA's?
    "There are those that talk a good game, and then there are those that just do it!"

i also said why you might see positive effects on your physique if you understood it. then you go on to say you are not a noob, which i never said. and you tried to throw out an insult by calling me mr wiggly (guess you just thought that was cute). i really dont see the benefits in it, but unless you like six here in a glycogen deprived state all the time the glutamine would be beneficial converting to glucose for the blood and burning extra fat, otherwise post wo is the only time (even though you dont need glutamine to accomplish this) unless you choose to ignore the concentration difference. ive taken the science out and made it common sense. oh ya, youll have a really healthy gi tract, but thats the useless science stuff.

Originally posted by BobL
    But you said on an empty stomach. What if you are taking CEX 30 minutes before and right after training? How would you work in the Ox, Glutamine, and BCAA's?
    Take the glutamine right along with the BCAAs, CEX, and OX and your effect will be even greater. When I say empty stomach I mean no solid protein foods.

Originally posted by MrWiggles
    i also said why you might see positive effects on your physique if you understood it. then you go on to say you are not a noob, which i never said. and you tried to throw out an insult by calling me mr wiggly (guess you just thought that was cute). i really dont see the benefits in it, but unless you like six here in a glycogen deprived state all the time the glutamine would be beneficial converting to glucose for the blood and burning extra fat, otherwise post wo is the only time (even though you dont need glutamine to accomplish this) unless you choose to ignore the concentration difference. ive taken the science out and made it common sense. oh ya, youll have a really healthy gi tract, but thats the useless science stuff.
    I just liked the way "Wiggly" sounded...needed a laugh.

Anyway, glutamine has helped me put on mass when in a stage of "bulking" and keep mass in a stage of "cutting." Regardless of what you say, I have absolutely zero belief you need to be in a glycogen deprived state to receive the positive effects of glutamine.

cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cubical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    who had the research article about how glutamine didnt even get past the gut or something?
    Go to your local pound and adopt a cat or dog. It will add years to your life and theirs.

Go Noles!

kj2833 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by cubical
    who had the research article about how glutamine didnt even get past the gut or something?
    str8flexed had a post with it in it. i cant remember where it came from. there are not that many studies being quoted though so its out there somewhere.

daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveburton will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: When to take L-Glutamine?

Originally posted by nGuyeN321
    Some people told me to take it in the morning and post-workout. Other people tell me to take it Pre-workout and Before bed. Now its just confusing me.
    Which should i take?

Out of all you mentioned above the most important time to take Glutamine is post workout.

roadrunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have absolutely zero belief you need to be in a glycogen deprived state to receive the positive effects of glutamine.
    your beliefs? oh thank god we're leaving 'so-called science' out of this!

Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    4 years of undergrad: 10grand
    6 years of grad work: 150grand
    4 years of post doc research around the clock: 100grand
    Realizing you should have just asked sixthsense for his amazing scientific insight: priceless

/sarcasm off
    Connery: I'd like "Anal Bum Cover" for $200 Alex.
    Trebec: That's "An Album Cover" Mr. Connery.
    Connery: HARHARHARHAR.

Originally posted by Grrrr
    4 years of undergrad: 10grand
    6 years of grad work: 150grand
    4 years of post doc research around the clock: 100grand
    Realizing you should have just asked sixthsense for his amazing scientific insight: priceless

/sarcasm off
    Insight based on real world work done with hundreds of training clients carefully tracking the progress of each and every one of them...measuring changes in lean body mass, bodyfat %, strength increases, rate of recovery, psychological factors, etc.

Even more meticulous work done with athletes and bodybuilders that control all variables...training, diet, supplementation, rest... about as well as humanly possible, and introducing only one new factor at a time so as not to confuse results or lack thereof.

The most careful work done with myself in learning how to turn someone from a 5'11" 125 lb stick with zero definition into a 270 lb bodybuilder that was not cut, but not fat...and a 240 lb bodybuilder with single digit body fat... with NO ILLEGAL steroids, GH, insulin, clen, T3, etc.

Plenty of work also done in the library both in school and out as well as lengthy disscussion and consultations with some of the more prominent and successful trainers/nutritionists in the industry.

All of that...yes, is priceless.

rayluciano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are saying to take this pre-workout what about the Pre-workout that I drink 30 minutes prior to working out?

Can I add this to my post workout while drinking my whey protein?

Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fbeckenbauer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bet he won't post again, they always bump and never post again.

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fbeckenbauer View Post
    I bet he won't post again, they always bump and never post again.
    Lol, I notice the same thing. This thread is super, duper old.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

evidence based poster Terrimonas's Avatar
    Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glutamine for pre workout focus 11/10 !!!!1

Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500) Cable100k is not very helpful. (-500)
    I take 5g morning 5g at night.
    Golden.

PabloBarros91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    Take the glutamine right along with the BCAAs, CEX, and OX and your effect will be even greater. When I say empty stomach I mean no solid protein foods.
    Hey wait a second, I've read that when you take BCAA with any other Amino Acid like L-Glutamine the BCAA overpower the other Amino Acids and they don't get absorbed properlly...is this true?

Originally Posted by PabloBarros91 View Post
    Hey wait a second, I've read that when you take BCAA with any other Amino Acid like L-Glutamine the BCAA overpower the other Amino Acids and they don't get absorbed properlly...is this true?
    Wow, this is old, LOL. False...you can take glutamine with BCAA without absorption issues.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont think its really neccessary when calories are high.

I use it when immune system is low and I swear it works like a charm this way. In addition Iuse it pre conest when calories are low and doing twice a day hard physcial workouts . I use it postworkout 30 mins after my ppow meal, in my opinion and needs to be taken alone , or before bed
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

sameergupta21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    Wow, this is old, LOL. False...you can take glutamine with BCAA without absorption issues.
    SixthSense: I was going through the entire thread.... you killed it man!! way to go...
    Thanks for sharing the info as well
    I may not be there yet, but Im closer than I was yesterday!!

Its not about the size of the dog in the fight... but the size of the fight in the dog!!

TallDave7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sameergupta21 View Post
    SixthSense: I was going through the entire thread.... you killed it man!! way to go...
    Thanks for sharing the info as well
    Agreed. See for instance http www bodybuilding com fun/glutamine htm

I don't know if anyone has nailed down the mechanism by which glutamine causes GH levels to rise but it definitely happens. The ulcers thing was a new bit to me.

Anyways there's a lot of confusion today about what consitutes "science." Science is not what is published in journals, it is the application of the scientific method: hypothesis and experiment. 90% of science is never published, indeed much of it is kept secret by industry for competitive advantage -- and that's an observation as old as Adam Smith.

So I salute your science, sixthsense!

/rant, getting old so I am no longer even much of an amateur BB, but I do find glutamine useful, was wondering how often ppl were taking so I'm glad this 10-year-old thread was still alive.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)