No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone ever hear of certain foods to avoid with thyroid problems?

I remember seeing a list somewhere a while ago.
    I did a few google searches and can't find anything other then to stay away from soy. And one site said to stay away from green leafy vegetables unless they're thoroughly cooked... Not sure how true that is.
    I know there was a list though. Anyone know of any?

jjh1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Foods to avoid:

* Processed and frozen ready-made foods. White flour and white rice products that are lacking in nutrients
    * All saturated fats and fried foods
    * Avoid fluoride and chlorine found in tap water. They block iodine receptions in the thyroid gland.
    * Drinking and cooking with tap water as chlorine interferes with iodine
    * Hydrogenated oils, margarine and shortening
    * Sugars artificial sweeteners, and sweets as sugar weakens the immune system
    * Eat these foods in moderation: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, mustard greens, kale, peaches, pears, radishes, spinach, turnips – they may further suppress thyroid function.

Foods to eat:

* Organic dairy products such as feta cheese and natural unsweetened yogurt with live cultures
    * Zinc containing foods that boost the immune system such as raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds, nuts, mushrooms, chick peas and lentils
    * Iodine is good for the thyroid. Choose foods that contain iodine such as salt water fish, sesame seeds, seafood, kelp, dulse, asparagus and sea salt
    * Eat lots of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables
    * Foods that are high in B vitamins like organic brown rice, oats rye, wheat germ and molasses. B vitamins impart a benefit upon immune function and stress
    * Ocean and sea air and water due to the natural iodine content.

Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Geeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also depends on your meds, and weather you are hyper or hypo

With my meds and condition soy, calcium, iron for example can block my drugs so I have to try to avoid those for 4 hours before and after I take my meds.
    My Transformation
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans42.htm

Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hercule is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    will people ever stop blaming saturated fat for everything?

When healthy individuals without any previous thyroid disease were fed 30 grams of pickled soybeans per day for one month, Ishizuki, et al. reported goiter and elevated individual thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) levels (although still within the normal range) in thirty-seven healthy, iodine-sufficient adults. One month after stopping soybean consumption, individual TSH values decreased to the original levels and goiters were reduced in size.6

Traditionally, polyunsaturated oils such as soybean oil have been used for livestock feed because they cause the animals to gain weight. These oils are made up of what is known as long chain fatty acids—the kind of fatty acids that promote weight gain. In the North Carolina State University's Extension Swine Husbandry 1998-2000 Departmental report, for example, was a study entitled “EFFECT OF DIETARY FAT SOURCE, LEVEL, AND FEEDING INTERVAL ON PORK FATTY ACID COMPOSITION” by M.T. See and J. Odle. Ironically, since the market in its low-fat dogma of recent years is demanding leaner meats, this study showed that one could produce leaner meat and reduce the weight on swine by reducing their intake of soy oil and substituting it with saturated animal fat!7

According to Dr. Ray Peat, the fattening effect of polyunsaturated oils (primarily soy and corn) is due to the presence of Linoleic and linolenic acids, long-chain fatty acids, which have an anti-thyroid effect. Peat says:

Linoleic and linolenic acids, the "essential fatty acids," and other polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are now fed to pigs to fatten them, in the form of corn and soy beans, cause the animals' fat to be chemically equivalent to vegetable oil. In the late 1940s, chemical toxins were used to suppress the thyroid function of pigs, to make them get fatter while consuming less food. When that was found to be carcinogenic, it was then found that corn and soy beans had the same antithyroid effect, causing the animals to be fattened at low cost. The animals' fat becomes chemically similar to the fats in their food, causing it to be equally toxic, and equally fattening.8

Of course in the 1940s the fat from pigs (lard) was highly desirable, as were most saturated fats. Today, saturated fats are fed to pigs to keep them lean, while most people buy polyunsaturated soy and corn oils in the grocery stores as their primary cooking oil! So we have a population now characterized by lean pigs and obese people…
    photochop thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=10090720#post10090720

My pictures
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=698422

(nostalgic bu||sh't quote here)