ElPeliador has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One Scoop Of Whey?

This question might sound stupid, I dont know but anyways, I recently bought the 100% whey protein and it says 1 serving equals one scoop which equals 29.5 or something like grams. Well one full scoop (meaning the whey protein dust filled all the way to the top) with the little scooper thingy is I think in my opinion much more than 29 grams more like double? So how much would an actual serving be???

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    one level scoop of ON is LESS than 29.4 grams actually, its for a heaping scoop
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

Diabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whey is quite light also so 30 grams of it will have a larger volume than say 30 grams of sugar

imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    oh, so how many grams are there in one level scoop(fill to the top)??
    -Mortality-

Il_Capitano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah i also have GNC whey protein Vanilla , I wonder if one scoope a day would be enough for me to bulk , im 140 lbs 5' 9

shall i consume alot more ???

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Most scoops of concentrate are normally 27-30g, standardized for 20-24g protein (+/-)

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Il_Capitano
    Yeah i also have GNC whey protein Vanilla , I wonder if one scoope a day would be enough for me to bulk , im 140 lbs 5' 9

It depends on what else you're eating..

JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bulking and whey are irrelevant????? whey gives protein which you need to build and repair muscles........bulk means you gain weight from more calorie intake......am i right? I can graduate anytime soon.
    BB.com is my personal trainer

- Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't
    - Mistakes are the price we pay for trying something new

,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    o'Rly (stole this from someone)

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Read the frickin' label.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

One full Scoop (filled to the top) is much more than 30 grams, trust me, When it comes to counting grams I know what im talking about

Sadly I dont have my gram measure anymore

Anyways so how much is one serving? half the scoop, 1/4 of a scoop???

No one has answered my question and dont go off the topic!!!

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1 serving(per the label) is a heaping scoop ~ 29.4g
    1 scoop is less than that, probably around 23 or 24g (net wgt, not protein)
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

Originally posted by JustBrowsin
    Damn, so I guess all of you who take it have to deal with the chunks if you use the 8 ounce milk and mix with spoon method..... sucks

NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalFreak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by JustJuice
    bulking and whey are irrelevant????? whey gives protein which you need to build and repair muscles........bulk means you gain weight from more calorie intake......am i right? I can graduate anytime soon.

I would say that you are......... Correct!

Originally posted by Il_Capitano

If your are tring to bulk with ON Whey, try consuming a 5 lb contain every week, and mix it with whole milk. Maybe, just maybe you consume enough calories for bulking.
    If you can't do that, then stick with using it to build and repair, and seek out a good bulking diet.

imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally posted by JustBrowsin
    really??

now it all makes sense because one guy told me his 10lbs ON 100% whey lasted him 6 months.

why the hell don't they just give a bigger scoop to make 29.5g one full(fill to the top) scoop??
    -Mortality-

DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, on the scooper it says something like 70 CC on it, meaning that it holds 70 Cubic centimteres of pure water, or a little over 2 OZ of water(if ur american) 1 cubic centimeter of water weighs exactly 1 gram.

Since thatscoop holds around 2 1/3 OZ of water and water is a lot heavier than WHEY it means u are right, the volume is over 29 CC, it's 70, but mass wize is different.

I did a calculation on it and found that WHEY is 1/3 as dense as water so scoopers which are 90CC like Prolab are 1 oz.

you are getting maybe 23-24 grams of whey, per normal scoop with that.

I believe a 5lb tub of ON has a volume around 8000 CC(8 liters, 2 1/3 gallons) and there is 80 oz of whey in it.

So 90-100 CC equals around 1oz(30 grams) of whey, and 70 CC is how large the ON scooper is. 1/3 of 70 equals 23.33 grams of whey.

Though since whey settles and they don't fill the container up all the way, the only way to truly test the density of whey is to to a density displacement test with distilled water(9th grade science people).
    Last edited by DeadlyDan; 08-05-2004 at 03:58 AM.

DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeadlyDan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by imageek
    really??

now it all makes sense because one guy told me his 10lbs ON 100% whey lasted him 6 months.

why the hell don't they just give a bigger scoop to make 29.5g one full(fill to the top) scoop??

Yes that makes sense, that 10lb of Whey he has has a volume of around 16 000 CC, and the scooper they give you is 70CC, so if he had 1 scoop times 6 months, that would require 180 scoops, even though their is only 160 OZ of whey there. so they definately give u less per scoop.

I don't have a scale or water beakers to figure this out, just reading the CC labels and Volume size of the Tubs they give to figure this out.