11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Dealing with post-workout cravings/hunger?

After I weight train or use any form of resistance training, my hunger is ravenous. I'll eat healthy post-workout but I'll still be hungry an hour later, so I end up pigging out on bulky junk. This happens the next day too, and even the next if I'm still feeling sore. Any advice on how to deal?

irocthls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    never starve yourself.. your doing good =D... just try to eat good protein foods...after my workout.. i try to eat as much i can but usually good stuff like.. cottage cheeseeee.. 2 yogurts.. and after that.. grilled chicken!!. MMm.. im not hungry for the rest of the night =D
    5'7 155 lbs... trying to get built and cut up..

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by femme_fatale View Post
    After I weight train or use any form of resistance training, my hunger is ravenous. I'll eat healthy post-workout but I'll still be hungry an hour later, so I end up pigging out on bulky junk. This happens the next day too, and even the next if I'm still feeling sore. Any advice on how to deal?
    What is in your post workout meal, how long is your workout, and how long after the workout do you eat your post workout shake/meal?
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

cream_team has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cream_team has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you drink water during ur workout? sometimes people confuse hunger with thrust.

11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    What is in your post workout meal, how long is your workout, and how long after the workout do you eat your post workout shake/meal?
    Usually supper, which is typically chicken/turkey, broccoli and wild rice. Maybe a half hour at longest, and I eat within a half hour after that.

abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by femme_fatale View Post
    that's really weird i usually have a very very low appetite for a few hours after i workout. are you staying hydrated?
    eating out? a nutritional guide to popular restaurants and fast food!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2920231

the best ways to prepare your oatmeal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108636081

Originally Posted by cream_team View Post
    do you drink water during ur workout? sometimes people confuse hunger with thrust.
    Yeah, I do.

BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't worry, you're suppost to have a post-post workout meal ;D

How does your Post Workout meal look though, eh? Does it contain a sufficient amount of Protein and Carbs? Perhaps you're short changing yourself there , which could in turn affect your hunger, via what'cha going through now.
    www.youtube.com/flexxinator
    www.3dmusclejourney.com
    www.blogtalkradio.com/nattytalk

matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol when after work out i eat like crazy

whey + 1 cup milk then a turkey sandwhich with a little miracle whip then 2 hours later a steak and brocolli and some eggs, then 2 hours later another sandwhich, then 2 hours later 3 tbs of peanut butter or nuts, then whey + milk, im so hungry after i work out i have to eat every 2 hours before i go to bed
    living life

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can definitely identify. I think after my workout and when I wake up in the morning are the only times I really feel ravenous. The rest of the time I almost have to forcefeed myself to get enough cals. But seriously, I have to keep myself from eating too much at my post-postworkout meal so I'll have the appetite to eat again in 2-3 hours. All I can say is have planned beforehand what you're gonna eat afterwards, because I have what my mom sets on the table for lunch, and I'm always ready to go after it.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cream_team View Post
    sometimes people confuse hunger with thrust.
    So that's why there's so many fat people...
    No sir, I don't like it.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump for more answers. I am always starving all day after a workout!
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

Roughneck94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I try to do an EAS Myoplex shake before I workout, and if I'm hungry after, I go for some beef jerky (high protein/low fat and carbs). Seems to help some, but I've got a long way to go. I guess that's why there's the forum, everyone's different and it takes some experimenting to find out what works for you. I do get it that "listening to your body" is the right thing to do, but sometimes it's hard to tell what is "your body" talking and what "you crave" talking, lol.
    Luke