Closed Thread
    bling_2k4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I can't eat vegetables!!.. help!!

Ok for as long as i can remember, I have never eaten or liked vegetables...
    I'm 24 yrs old and vegetables have never been part of my diet..
    When I was younger I always thought my taste would mature but it hasn't... i just can't eat vegetables!!!.. weird huh??
    I have tried lately but they just don't go down the right way and I feel like vomiting...

Is it still possible for me to lose fat without eating vegetables?? I have lost 25kgs in the last 6 months without eating vegetables however I'm not sure if this was entirely fat or if it was LBM as well... I never had the tools to measure body fat back then.

I want to get a bit more serious now and lose more fat off my body and i'm currently eating 100% real foods but the only thing missing is vegetables...

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Can my body fat get to single digits without eating vegetables??

lanif has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lanif has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lanif has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lanif has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lanif has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lanif has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's possible to lose fat without vegetables, but its much harder and less efficient.
    Why not try lettuce, tomato, salad, with a little fat free mayo?
    The taste is pretty good.

ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL., all of the vegetables there are and you can't bring yourself to eat ANY of them.. suck it up and slam down some veggies, you can learn to like it, quite your whining. You hear whining like this all the time from the fat cows that frequent McDonalds.

Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    losing fat is easier if you don't eat many vegetables or many other carbs for that matter, but bulking would not be very-well accomplished without veggies.

Check out my sig to look at my cutting plan that ended 3 days ago. I lost 25lbs of non-lbm and 1lb of lbm in 2 months. I hardly touched a carb the whole time except for the odd mini 'carb-load' cheat meal and a SMALL chunk of fruit in my post workout shake.
    Fatloss thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311486
    Fatloss post with attached diary: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=657290963&postcount=117

ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Romac
    losing fat is easier if you don't eat many vegetables or many other carbs for that matter
    Now your advocating not eating many vegetables? Worst advice I've heard on these boards in months, damn this board has gone to hell.

theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Correct ironlung veggies are where its at.And dude is being a pu**y just throw em down!!

Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ironlung
    Now your advocating not eating many vegetables? Worst advice I've heard on these boards in months, damn this board has gone to hell.
    i'm not 'advocating' anything.

i'm just stating facts. it's been common knowledge in the bbing world for 30+ years that low carbs = optimal fat burning and veggies are carbs.

i didn't say 'any' i said 'many'

there is cutting
    there is maintaining
    and there is bulking

each cycle can be greatly enhanced or impeded by eating the wrong carbs, in the wrong amounts, and at the wrong times.

telling someone that is trying to cut and maintain lbm to eat lots of veggies is irresponsible and wrong.

veggies are carbs and carbs slow fat burning...those are facts.

While cutting, I eat a small amount of carbs in the morning and a small amount with most protein servings, and i even eat a half-piece of fruit in my post workout shake.

I said 'not many' not 'not any'
    Fatloss post with attached diary: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=657290963&postcount=117

i'm just stating facts. it's been common knowledge in the bbing world for 30+ years that low carbs = optimal fat burning and veggies are carbs.

i didn't say 'any' i said 'many'

each cycle can be greatly enhanced or impeded by eating the wrong carbs, in the wrong amounts, and at the wrong times.

telling someone that is trying to cut and maintain lbm to eat lots of veggies is irresponsible and wrong.

veggies are carbs and carbs slow fat burning...those are facts.

I said 'not many' not 'not any'
    Yeah, I know you didn't say "any" you said "many".. this is a play on words your trying to use as flamebait that I didn't bite on (see my response above)

Now your back tracking saying the "wrong" carbs, in the wrong amounts at the wrong time If there ever was a "right" carb, it would be vegetables.. get your facts straight. Saying that low carbs = optimal fat burning is blatenly ignorant.

Quote: "eat lots of veggies is irresponsible and wrong."

The more you talk, the more you expose yourself

theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) theshiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whatever bro I eat steamed veggies everyday w/lunch and dinner.I'm 6'3 200lbs 10%bf bench around 300.Works 4 me player

RussG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate vegetables too, always have, and probably always will. But they are good for you and I'd suggest finding the one you dislike the least and eating it. For me, it's carrots, and I try to eat them at every meal. Success isn't easy and fun. You can lose weight without vegetables, others would have to be crazy to say you can't. But by eating them you'll aid your weight loss and improve your health. Really, there's no downside.

a) Yeah, I know you didn't say "any" you said "many".. this is a play on words your trying to use as flamebait that I didn't bite on (see my response above)

b) Now your back tracking saying the "wrong" carbs, in the wrong amounts at the wrong time If there ever was a "right" carb, it would be vegetables.. get your facts straight.

c) Saying that low carbs = optimal fat burning is blatenly ignorant.

d) Quote: "eat lots of veggies is irresponsible and wrong."

e) The more you talk, the more you expose yourself
    a) you are the only flamebaiter in this thread...everything i have said has been reasonable and factual. any and many are not playing on words...they mean completely different things, and if you look at my original post you'll see that i clearly said 'many'..."losing fat is easier if you don't eat many vegetables or many other carbs for that matter" both reasonable AND factual

b) how am i backtracking? your comment makes no sense.

c) how can saying low carbs = optimal fat burning be 'blatently ignorant' when it is indeed a fact. low carbs does = optimal fat burning...disagreeing with that is blatently ignorant.

d) if your going to quote me please quote what i said without selecting tiny bits of sentences out of context in order to distort them to suit your argument. what i said was "telling someone that is trying to cut and maintain lbm to eat lots of veggies is irresponsible and wrong." if they are trying to cut and maintain lbm, they are restricting their calories. If they are restricting their calories, they plateau and need to restric more. They will reach a point in their restriction where they will need to keep their protein consumption high in order to maintain their lbm. If they are eating lots of veggies they can't keep their protein consumption high enough to maintain lbm. therefore if you tell someone to eat lots of veggies while they are cutting, you are dooming them to losing more lbm than they have to, and therefore your advise is irresponsible and wrong.

e) Another attempt by you to "flamebait." I have been polite and reasonable during this whole thread, while you have not. So yes, this is true, the more i talk the more i expose myself as being polite and reasonable, while the reverse is true for yourself.

The link provided in my thread is to before and after pics of myself as well as my complete diet. I have had great success in losing fat and maintaining lbm. I have empirical evidence on my side and it is displayed before everyone.

They will reach a point in their restriction where they will need to keep their protein consumption high in order to maintain their lbm. If they are eating lots of veggies they can't keep their protein consumption high enough to maintain lbm. therefore if you tell someone to eat lots of veggies while they are cutting, you are dooming them to losing more lbm than they have to, and therefore your advise is irresponsible and wrong.
    Protein alone does not build muscle; micronutrients are required, and vegetables contribute nicely. For losing bodyfat vegetables help. Nutrient dense, but not calorically dense. Pretty obvious.

Any diet which does not suggest a high vegetable intake (or worse, suggests restrictions on the nutrient dense low energy density vegetables) is substandard and should be viewed with considerable suspicion.

Vegetables contain the basic micronutrients (such as you get in a pill) and a host of other compounds (read up on such topics as phytochemicals, anti-oxidants) that you can't get in pills. Some of the best evidence that the pills are no substitute is how they scramble to add new compounds periodically. Research suggests a health benefit from something found in vegetables, the info becomes semi-common knowledge, and next thing the pills are adding it and advertising it. If you trouble yourself to review what understanding we have, you will learn that there is probably nothing you can eat that offers you more health benefits, both in the short run and in resistance to some dreaded diseases, than eating vegetables.

That's great you have had the success you did in your cut while maintaining your lbm, but advising anyone against increasing or worse, restricting their vegetable intake is irresponsible and wrong.
    Last edited by ironlung; 08-02-2004 at 11:15 AM.

Thumbs up

Protein alone does not build muscle; micronutrients are required, and vegetables contribute nicely. For losing bodyfat vegetables help. Nutrient dense, but not calorically dense. Pretty obvious.

Any diet which does not suggest a high vegetable intake (or worse, suggests restrictions on the nutrient dense low energy density vegetables) is substandard and should be viewed with considerable suspicion.

Vegetables contain the basic micronutrients (such as you get in a pill) and a host of other compounds (read up on such topics as phytochemicals, anti-oxidants) that you can't get in pills. Some of the best evidence that the pills are no substitute is how they scramble to add new compounds periodically. Research suggests a health benefit from something found in vegetables, the info becomes semi-common knowledge, and next thing the pills are adding it and advertising it. If you trouble yourself to review what understanding we have, you will learn that there is probably nothing you can eat that offers you more health benefits, both in the short run and in resistance to some dreaded diseases, than eating vegetables.

That's great you have had the success you did in your cut while maintaining your lbm, but advising anyone against increasing or worse, restricting their vegetable intake is irresponsible and wrong.
    Good response man.

We politely agree to disagree.

peace.

BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Allow me to chime in, I know from reading articles via newspaper and bodybuilding magazines such as FLEX and their experts, that scientists are finding new benefits of veggies everyday. Romac I have seen you pics and such and congrats to you for your hard work. However, wouldn't it be extremely difficult to maintain a low carb lifestyle while maintaining levels of seratonin in the brain. Most experts will tell you that prolonged carbohydrate restriction will result in depression. The purpose of a type of diet like this is great for a short period of time however, a long period of time through which you could begin to break down mentally. Many people who have done such diets will not tell you these side effects. Health is a combination of mental and physical well being. Most bodybuilders need drugs just to maintain this diet. I know a friend of mine who did, and he said without drugs or supplements he would go crazy and extremely exhausted.
    eat right
    train right
    Do It Right

MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up V8?

bling,
    Have you tried V8 or the like? The spicy is actually quite tasty cold. And although they tend to be somewhat high in sodium, you could go with low sodium and add some tabasco. Just a thought.
    ----\ www.givelife.org /----

My Weight loss Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293305

My Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=4232021

Forgive the Past, Live for Today, Dream of the Future

What The Bleep Do We Know?

Diabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everyone should eat fibrous vegetables no matter if theyre cutting or bulking!

Try making a vegetable soup. this is easy and can be flavoured well with spices,etc

Also there are good vegetable juices out there but these are an expensive way to eat them.

If you flat refuse to eat them (bad) make sure you take mineral/vitamin/antioxidant supplements (again more expensive) although you should take these any way you might need to take more.

Try roasting, BBQing and steaming eventually youll figure it out
    There are hundreds if not thousands of phytochemicals with unknown properties so youre missing out on them

Originally posted by BIGPHILL1984
    Most experts will tell you that prolonged carbohydrate restriction will result in depression.
    Well i guess i have to weigh the amount of depression caused by my seratonin deficiency against the extreme elation i get when i look in the mirror and see my shredded self looking back at me.

me with tons of seratonin:
    Attached Images

me with no seratonin:
    Attached Images

All those beholding these words take a fuvking picture!

You are about to witness a rare and fantastic event!

Someone on these boards is about to appologize and admit to being wrong!

Ironlung, i stand corrected.

I just looked up the cup of squash i had last night and the cup of broccoli i am eating tonight (since i ended my cut, i am introducing additional carbs), and you are correct.

squash: 20 calories, 4 carbs, 0 fat, 0 protein
    broccoli: 56 calories, 10 carbs, 0 fat, 6 protein

insignifigant amounts of carbs and calories now that i see the numbers in front of me.

So Ironlung's original post was right on the money:
    "LOL., all of the vegetables there are and you can't bring yourself to eat ANY of them.. suck it up and slam down some veggies, you can learn to like it, quite your whining."

Romac bows deeply showing great respect for Ironlung, and the new knowledge i now possess.

(i still look better with no seratonin )

All those beholding these words take a fuvking picture!

You are about to witness a rare and fantastic event!

Someone on these boards is about to appologize and admit to being wrong!

Ironlung, i stand corrected.

I just looked up the cup of squash i had last night and the cup of broccoli i am eating tonight (since i ended my cut, i am introducing additional carbs), and you are correct.

squash: 20 calories, 4 carbs, 0 fat, 0 protein
    broccoli: 56 calories, 10 carbs, 0 fat, 6 protein

insignifigant amounts of carbs and calories now that i see the numbers in front of me.

So Ironlung's original post was right on the money:
    "LOL., all of the vegetables there are and you can't bring yourself to eat ANY of them.. suck it up and slam down some veggies, you can learn to like it, quite your whining."

Romac bows deeply showing great respect for Ironlung, and the new knowledge i now possess.

(i still look better with no seratonin )
    Romac, I like your wit bro, and your ability to keep an open mind I was also wrong to accuse you of flamebaiting, my apologies.

Congrats on your cut, great work! I agree, you do look much better without seratonin, although, now that you look so much better I'm sure that will do wonders in bringing it up

bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    cheers! Eat them veggies!
    SW: 305 lbs (June 15th, 2003)
    CW: 186.5 lbs (Aug 9th, 2004)
    Initial GW: 205 lbs met Mar 29, 2004
    2nd GW: 190 lbs met May 31, 2004
    New GW: 185 lbs met June 28th, 2004

There is no magic pill, just lots of hard work and dedication.