StrongerBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My wrestling an lifting story

So freshmen year I started it out weighing below a 100 pounds, I was a complete shut in I didn't do anything. The only things I did do were gym classes otherwise I didn't even go outside. I went though all of freshmen year wearing the same sweatshirt being a total weirdo, I didn't talk to anyone an just kept closing myself off. That summer my brother had his wedding an despite wanting to hangout with family I just stayed down stairs. I played it off as I liked being alone, when in reality I just didn't know how to act around them. Plain an simple I was shy an I couldn't bring myself to get over it, but my brother came down an brought that to light for me an I came to the realization that I need to change. That's when life started turning around for me, I attempted to interact with people more even if just a little bit. It also got me eating better an before the year was out I ended up breaking 100 pounds.

That's when soft more year hit, granted I still was somewhat weird but I was getting better. What changed it around for me for the better an helped me so much to get were I am now is wrestling. I joined on a whim, my gym teacher just brought it up an I decided what the heck why not. Me never before having done physical activity beyond gym, was throw into this grueling pit of hard work. But that didn't stop me from going out there an trying, or working hard in practice. when wrestling was done I looked at myself an I told myself that my performance was pathetic my ending record was 6 wins an 22 something loses on varsity. One of those was a defensive pin against a kid who didn't even know he was pinned. That's when my fire got started my drive to be better, I started working out on what I needed to be better at. That was stamina, I ran an ran an ran for hours on end for a whole month straight everyday after school. I ended up getting shin splints so bad I had to stop, but after they were gone I got back up an did it all again. I ended that year weighing 126 pounds.

Junior year came around an I was pumped I was ready to do this I worked my ass off an put in the effort to do better. My interaction got better with people an I was able to more or less talk to people without getting red faced. During one of the practices that year just before are invitational I was elbowed in the eye an ended up getting a black eye. Made weight at 132, went into the innovational got my first win an was pretty happy. Then it happened, it was the second match for me an the kid threw me but he had my hands tied up. My forehead hit the floor an my body went over, I blacked out an woke up with my coaches kneeling over me holding my head. I only had a sprain luckily, but the event what happened. It absolutely crushed me, that all of my hard work meant nothing an it was over mentally I couldn't get up from it or bounce back. So I ended up quitting that year, I found new friends an grew in confidence in myself as a person. I was able to get up an tell myself never again I won't ever let that happen again, I will crush my opponents an do everything I can to make sure it never happens a second time. I ended up looking up how to workout properly, heading to the weight room for the first time. I started with the machines, my leg strength was as crazy as it is now hitting 400 pounds an being able to do it for 20 reps. I improved an got bigger before summer came around and I started working with my dad to earn money for some things I wanted. I ended that year being 134.

Senior year, this year for me was my biggest step in growing I was able to interact with people so much better because I had the build I had. It was something that for me at the time gave me a sense of reassurance an confidence that I normally wouldn't have. Before wrestling an even during I worked harder then anyone else I went to the weight room everyday, strengthening my muscle stamina in being able to last longer while maintaining my weight at what it was. An growing in strength, when I jogged it was 12 to 18 miles every other day running stairs. when it was weight room I would do 700 to 100 reps, if I got tired I would take a break then get back up an do it again an again. I worked out 5 hours everyday no matter what it was how I felt, nothing stood in the way of my drive an my will not to lose or have that accident happen. Being weak wasn't an option for me, I stopped with the machines an went free weights to further my growth. The fat test came around an they told me I had a 15% or something body fat I weighed 155 or 150 pounds. That pissed me off so I turned it up I went an ate like normal an worked as hard as I could. Getting to 144 pounds within a week after the test, then it was practice I was so happy to be sweating an the burn. I loved that practice some say they hate it I loved it, the days afterwards were hard work but satisfying. I put in my 5 hours of either running or weight lifting, now the challenge started adding another 2 hours onto that with wrestling practice. Totaling to 7 hours of exercise, my friends called me insane but I got to that point were I felt I could do anything. Sprints were nothing until I did 15 of them then I started to feel tried, I honestly didn't know the meaning of being sore. I never felt it, I was at that point were my body was repairing just enough to make me maintain weight tomorrow. I never gave my body a chance to heal, It was always go go go. But that didn't stop me from getting stronger an faster, or being able to last longer in periods. I ended that year with a 14 wins an 16 lose record, not being able to go to regionals due to an injury. Being the ribs, I consider myself good with pain but every practice brought me to tears from shear pain.

At the end when the matts were still out I would put on my shoes even though it was all done, an warm up like we always did. Do practices like we always did, I missed the sport already. Spot isn't even the right word for it, The team was my family an I was always happy to practice with them. At the end I truly admired it for what it did to me, what wrestling gave me. It was a life to me one that I enjoyed, the experiences made me such a better person that you wouldn't think I was the same person as before when I wasn't in it. I ended senior year being a fit 145 pounder with 4% body fat, had my six pack abs an more power then you would think for my size. Wrestling for me got me healthy an started me on weight lifting as a source to stay healthy, but now is so much more.

Weight lifting for me now is a life style, its something I just do no matter what. I do it for a lot of reasons the core ones being that when the times comes I want to be strong enough. If someone's life is in danger an I can save them with my strength. That to me is better then being weak an failing to save them, I would never forgive myself for it. Sure that may never happen, but if it dose then I know that now I can do something about it. I also workout to be better with everything, if I get a job an its physically demanding then I got it covered. Anything that requires strength is now easier because I put in the effort an time.

Thank you for reading this if you have or looking at it.
    This is just something I wanted to share about myself .

Registered User MichaeltheBeast's Avatar
    MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaeltheBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StrongerBeast View Post
    So freshmen year I started it out weighing below a 100 pounds, I was a complete shut in I didn't do anything. The only things I did do were gym classes otherwise I didn't even go outside. I went though all of freshmen year wearing the same sweatshirt being a total weirdo, I didn't talk to anyone an just kept closing myself off. That summer my brother had his wedding an despite wanting to hangout with family I just stayed down stairs. I played it off as I liked being alone, when in reality I just didn't know how to act around them. Plain an simple I was shy an I couldn't bring myself to get over it, but my brother came down an brought that to light for me an I came to the realization that I need to change. That's when life started turning around for me, I attempted to interact with people more even if just a little bit. It also got me eating better an before the year was out I ended up breaking 100 pounds.

That's when soft more year hit, granted I still was somewhat weird but I was getting better. What changed it around for me for the better an helped me so much to get were I am now is wrestling. I joined on a whim, my gym teacher just brought it up an I decided what the heck why not. Me never before having done physical activity beyond gym, was throw into this grueling pit of hard work. But that didn't stop me from going out there an trying, or working hard in practice. when wrestling was done I looked at myself an I told myself that my performance was pathetic my ending record was 6 wins an 22 something loses on varsity. One of those was a defensive pin against a kid who didn't even know he was pinned. That's when my fire got started my drive to be better, I started working out on what I needed to be better at. That was stamina, I ran an ran an ran for hours on end for a whole month straight everyday after school. I ended up getting shin splints so bad I had to stop, but after they were gone I got back up an did it all again. I ended that year weighing 126 pounds.

Junior year came around an I was pumped I was ready to do this I worked my ass off an put in the effort to do better. My interaction got better with people an I was able to more or less talk to people without getting red faced. During one of the practices that year just before are invitational I was elbowed in the eye an ended up getting a black eye. Made weight at 132, went into the innovational got my first win an was pretty happy. Then it happened, it was the second match for me an the kid threw me but he had my hands tied up. My forehead hit the floor an my body went over, I blacked out an woke up with my coaches kneeling over me holding my head. I only had a sprain luckily, but the event what happened. It absolutely crushed me, that all of my hard work meant nothing an it was over mentally I couldn't get up from it or bounce back. So I ended up quitting that year, I found new friends an grew in confidence in myself as a person. I was able to get up an tell myself never again I won't ever let that happen again, I will crush my opponents an do everything I can to make sure it never happens a second time. I ended up looking up how to workout properly, heading to the weight room for the first time. I started with the machines, my leg strength was as crazy as it is now hitting 400 pounds an being able to do it for 20 reps. I improved an got bigger before summer came around and I started working with my dad to earn money for some things I wanted. I ended that year being 134.

Senior year, this year for me was my biggest step in growing I was able to interact with people so much better because I had the build I had. It was something that for me at the time gave me a sense of reassurance an confidence that I normally wouldn't have. Before wrestling an even during I worked harder then anyone else I went to the weight room everyday, strengthening my muscle stamina in being able to last longer while maintaining my weight at what it was. An growing in strength, when I jogged it was 12 to 18 miles every other day running stairs. when it was weight room I would do 700 to 100 reps, if I got tired I would take a break then get back up an do it again an again. I worked out 5 hours everyday no matter what it was how I felt, nothing stood in the way of my drive an my will not to lose or have that accident happen. Being weak wasn't an option for me, I stopped with the machines an went free weights to further my growth. The fat test came around an they told me I had a 15% or something body fat I weighed 155 or 150 pounds. That pissed me off so I turned it up I went an ate like normal an worked as hard as I could. Getting to 144 pounds within a week after the test, then it was practice I was so happy to be sweating an the burn. I loved that practice some say they hate it I loved it, the days afterwards were hard work but satisfying. I put in my 5 hours of either running or weight lifting, now the challenge started adding another 2 hours onto that with wrestling practice. Totaling to 7 hours of exercise, my friends called me insane but I got to that point were I felt I could do anything. Sprints were nothing until I did 15 of them then I started to feel tried, I honestly didn't know the meaning of being sore. I never felt it, I was at that point were my body was repairing just enough to make me maintain weight tomorrow. I never gave my body a chance to heal, It was always go go go. But that didn't stop me from getting stronger an faster, or being able to last longer in periods. I ended that year with a 14 wins an 16 lose record, not being able to go to regionals due to an injury. Being the ribs, I consider myself good with pain but every practice brought me to tears from shear pain.

At the end when the matts were still out I would put on my shoes even though it was all done, an warm up like we always did. Do practices like we always did, I missed the sport already. Spot isn't even the right word for it, The team was my family an I was always happy to practice with them. At the end I truly admired it for what it did to me, what wrestling gave me. It was a life to me one that I enjoyed, the experiences made me such a better person that you wouldn't think I was the same person as before when I wasn't in it. I ended senior year being a fit 145 pounder with 4% body fat, had my six pack abs an more power then you would think for my size. Wrestling for me got me healthy an started me on weight lifting as a source to stay healthy, but now is so much more.

Weight lifting for me now is a life style, its something I just do no matter what. I do it for a lot of reasons the core ones being that when the times comes I want to be strong enough. If someone's life is in danger an I can save them with my strength. That to me is better then being weak an failing to save them, I would never forgive myself for it. Sure that may never happen, but if it dose then I know that now I can do something about it. I also workout to be better with everything, if I get a job an its physically demanding then I got it covered. Anything that requires strength is now easier because I put in the effort an time.

Thank you for reading this if you have or looking at it.
    This is just something I wanted to share about myself .

wow that is a great story it really relates to me i was socially awkward and did wrestling 2 and i also turned my life around that really made my day knowing im not the only one.

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have to smile,when I was in high school I hated gym,went to the library instead,now bodybuildings my thing. lol !

Originally Posted by Steron99 View Post
    I have to smile,when I was in high school I hated gym,went to the library instead,now bodybuildings my thing. lol !
    That's awesome to pick up a passion like that.

Originally Posted by MichaeltheBeast View Post
    wow that is a great story it really relates to me i was socially awkward and did wrestling 2 and i also turned my life around that really made my day knowing im not the only one.
    No problem wrestling is just that sport, that isn't just a sport its so much more.