Registered User shadowmaster100's Avatar
    shadowmaster100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Whey Protein Causing Pimples ?

Over the last 6 months i have goten a HUGE amount of pimples when i have never gotten many my entire life i have come to realise that it seems to have started when i started taking whey. Could this be the cause of the problem ? i have tryed the various creams, talked to my doctor and everything and nothing works. Whats the chance this could be the cause, like there being something in the whey thats causing the reaction. Is there anyone else that has had a problem like this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) druken bastard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    as a severe acne sufferer, heres what helped me, not saying this is for everyone

1. cut most dairy products, i don't mean completely i eat cottage cheese
    2. use a protein isolate which lacks lactose
    3. if you insist on using a protein concentrate get vanilla, for some reason i had more breakouts on chocolate
    4.shower after workouts always
    5.cut creatines with dextrose in them, i myself don't even take creatine anymore
    6. if you can get a b5 supplement try it out, i responded pretty good with it, mainly have blackheads now
    notice i haven't said use a cream recommended by dermatologists. they told me diet had nothing to do with breakouts. and in my opinion i think skin creams are worthless
    7. lower protein intake all together, you don't need tons

if the 7 things i said didn't help use accutane. i never used it. my brother went on it for few months and he said he didn't feel right and he had suicidal thoughts. he and i are complete opposites, we both had back acne be he doesn't workout. it could be a genetic thing. all im saying is approach accutane with caution hoped this helped

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it's probably the milk.

StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its more likely to be the chocolate in the whey (if its choc flavoured) and/or an increase in test following weight lifting.

If it is choc falvoured i would change it.
    ☆★★☆★Spring Cutters Crew☆★★☆★

1k+ w/link

TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeenGettingBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Its probably just your hormones..

Ask your doctor about Accutane if its that serious mate.
    **** BIG MONEY BALLER CREW ****

I have talked to the doctor and he subscribed some pills but they dont seem to work. The whey is chocolate and i dont get a lot of protein in a day, just the 1g per pound so only the minimum thats needed. im 21 and have NEVER goten many pimples at all in my life but since starting that i have a face full.

PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000)
    your allergic to milk..

I have been drinking milk my entire life and have never had any problems

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shadowmaster100 View Post
    Over the last 6 months i have goten a HUGE amount of pimples when i have never gotten many my entire life i have come to realise that it seems to have started when i started taking whey. Could this be the cause of the problem ? i have tryed the various creams, talked to my doctor and everything and nothing works. Whats the chance this could be the cause, like there being something in the whey thats causing the reaction. Is there anyone else that has had a problem like this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

What whey protein are you taking? Switch to Isopure for a month and see if it doesn't get any better. Just because you have been drinking milk your entire life, doesn't mean that you don't have some sort of allergy. I would try eliminating all dairy for a week, and see if your acne doesn't improve, and then slowly reintroduce foods into your diet.

I've found that when people switch from a regular whey to a pure whey isolate, a lot of acne troubles disappear. Optimum 100% whey seems to be the worst offender, possibly because they use so much whey protein concentrate.

Go with a very fine isolate like Isopure, GF Pro or Substance WPI.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

An obvious example of New Math.
    "It was a 2% tax hike, dumbass. From 3% to 5%"-NRKF84

fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fateless115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    chocolate doesnt cause pimples.... and theres no evidence to suggest it does, just another fake fact that people beleive, kinda like bodybuilding myths and how people think more reps = toning

rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rogan181 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    its probably all the sweat that runs down your face when working out, do you wash your face after lifting? i doubt it...start doing so, even wjust rinsing it off with water and drying it will help alot, also skim milk if you drink alot i know is a really bad causer of acne problems

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have talked to the doctor and he subscribed some pills but they dont seem to work. The whey is chocolate and i dont get a lot of protein in a day, just the 1g per pound so only the minimum thats needed. im 21 and have NEVER goten many pimples at all in my life but since starting that i have a face full.

So......the way I understand it.....

A. You've never had acne until you started using whey protein.

I'm guessing that you also started working out pretty intensely around this time, so the increase in hormones and a possible allergy could be a great explanation for this sudden appearance in acne. You really can't do too much about the hormones, but stop using whey protein for awhile. Just cut it out, and see if your skin doesn't improve. If it does, then you have at least one solution and perhaps should consider switching to egg protein, although in my opinion, after working in a dermatology clinic, I saw plenty of people do just fine on quality whey protein isolate's.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

7% bodyfat here I come Mike Zero's Avatar
    Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's no evidence that diet causes acne.

Originally Posted by Mike Zero View Post
    There's no evidence that diet causes acne.
    There is no evidence that fuel quality has any impact on your car's engine.

O RLY????????? That is just a BS myth that is being perpetuated by drug companies and the folks at Noxyzema. I've personally seeing that just a few tweaks in a person's diet, can have a drastic adjustment in the appearance and clarity of their skin.

This is a concept that is commonly accepted in most countries where the drug industry doesn't have free reign. Diet does not cause acne, but allergies to certain foods can directly lead to acne, and a poor diet can greatly exacerbate an existing or latent condition. Fortunately, more and more dermatologists, and the medical establishment in general, seem to be catching on to this, as I've come across quite a few enlightened dermatologists who are approaching the issue correctly.

Trans-fats and iodine in milk have already been directly linked to a worsening of acne condition. Is it that far-fetched to think that what you consume, what you put inside your body, can have an effect on the appearance of the outside?

zhutou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TeenGettingBig View Post
    Its probably just your hormones..

Ask your doctor about Accutane if its that serious mate.
    BINGO. everyone else is incorrect. the increased amount of testosterone released in your body when you work out causes you to get acne! it's not the whey protein; it's your lifting. you probably started them at the same time so you didn't notice.

Registered User TangerineRavine's Avatar
    TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    imo diet doesn't affect your acne much or at all

If your acne is only moderate, try Proactive Solution, that stuff works wonders.
    "The greatest waste in the world is the difference between what we are and what we could become."

ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    accutane

Originally Posted by zhutou View Post
    BINGO. everyone else is incorrect. the increased amount of testosterone released in your body when you work out causes you to get acne! it's not the whey protein; it's your lifting. you probably started them at the same time so you didn't notice.

LOL at all these people trying to rationalize, when the easiest answer is to stop taking the whey protein, or at least switch to an isolate.

What does he have to lose? I've seen from personal experience, that whey protein in fact can aggravate acne in people, not exercise, but actual protein. Not everybody was meant to consume milk products, and we all respond differently to them, so if you are taking in a food that might be aggravating your skin, why not cut it out for awhile to be sure?

Its funny how people are basically telling this guy "no, its not the protein, its your hormones, there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO, NOTHING, just keep banging your head against the wall."

Talk about ignorance.

By the way, to the thread starter......>>> Google "whey protein acne"

zhutou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been drinking milk my entire life and have never had any problems
    then all of a sudden he breaks out because he's taking a protein supplement that COMES from milk? question to the op: when did you start working out?

Originally Posted by rogan181 View Post
    its probably all the sweat that runs down your face when working out, do you wash your face after lifting? i doubt it...start doing so, even wjust rinsing it off with water and drying it will help alot, also skim milk if you drink alot i know is a really bad causer of acne problems
    Buddy i have a shower STRAIT after lifting so of course i wash my face -_-'

I had been lifting for about 9months before i started taking Whey and never had a problem

Lastly the protein isent isolate, i might have to have a look into that... it just says Whey Protein HWPI + WPC

Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rogan181 View Post
    This man is on top of it.
    After workout drink your protein drink and hop in the shower immediately.

Buddy i have a shower STRAIT after lifting so of course i wash my face -_-'

I had been lifting for about 9months before i started taking Whey and never had a problem

Lastly the protein isent isolate, i might have to have a look into that... it just says Whey Protein HWPI + WPC

Just a straight WPI would work best.

exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    accutane is expensive and only should be used if you have a bad case of acne, post a pic if its just mild or less which i think it is with u dont take it, just iono try not taking so much of milk for a month or so and see if u stop getting breakouts just keep switching up ur diet till its maintained cause u might be affected by something you eat, also u can get breakouts from overworking yourself so dont overtrain etc etc... and i have severe acne so i know what im talkin about when it comes to acne

tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50) tgc99gt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive been having the same problem i cut the protein and it was still there it just went away after time i started taking whey and it hasnt happend again

keepitacrime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
    There is no evidence that fuel quality has any impact on your car's engine.

O RLY????????? That is just a BS myth that is being perpetuated by drug companies and the folks at Noxyzema. I've personally seeing that just a few tweaks in a person's diet, can have a drastic adjustment in the appearance and clarity of their skin.

This is a concept that is commonly accepted in most countries where the drug industry doesn't have free reign. Diet does not cause acne, but allergies to certain foods can directly lead to acne, and a poor diet can greatly exacerbate an existing or latent condition. Fortunately, more and more dermatologists, and the medical establishment in general, seem to be catching on to this, as I've come across quite a few enlightened dermatologists who are approaching the issue correctly.

Trans-fats and iodine in milk have already been directly linked to a worsening of acne condition. Is it that far-fetched to think that what you consume, what you put inside your body, can have an effect on the appearance of the outside?
    im having a bit of dillema that counters this, since i started working out again eating completely healthy and getting lots of sleep my face has just broke out...before id eat bags of chips drink tons of beer gained a bunch of weight. the only thing i can attribute it to now is either im drinking a lot of milk and thats the cause...or im not washing my face well enough after working out?

Registered User NewYorkGiants24's Avatar
    NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could be puberty...

EDIT: Woops, OP is 23...

Drunkenpig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Something that has helped me is mixing cinnamon and honey. Like a homemade mask, just smear it on your back and face then let it sit for 15 - 30 minutes. I swear, man, it works f*cking well! Do that at least once a day for about a month (or until it clears up) and shower it off. It will make your skin look much better.