Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zcrater89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I'm planning on doing a 24 hour workout next weekend.

Just for one day, I'm gonna lift for 24 straight hours to boost my stregnth, only taking about 30 minute breaks in between what I would usually do only once a day. Before I do this, could it possibly be harmful? I sweat like a pig (even though pigs don't sweat) So should I bring like, 20 lbs of gatorade? You don't have to answer that, but will this 24 hour workout harm me? That's my main concern.
    HT: 5' 9"
    WT: 155
    Bench: 185
    Squat (box): 315 (7x) (belt used)
    Squat (parallel): 260
    Power Clean: 160
    Deadlift: 365 (Estimate)

All lifts are raw unless specified.

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strength is not built in the gym...it is built outside
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: I'm planning on doing a 24 hour workout next weekend.

Originally posted by zcrater89
    You don't have to answer that, but will this 24 hour workout harm me? That's my main concern.
    More than you could possibly imagine.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    worst idea ever

you're 14 and easily impressioned - word of advice - stop reading the bull**** you see in thing slike Flex and whatnot. There's no such thing as a 1-day arm cure (train 12hrs and get an extra inch, etc.....)

btw, you obviously know nothing about strength training. see the link posted above.

Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bulkbill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

lol
    GO ARIZONAAAA!

TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCrushinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just for one day, I'm gonna lift for 24 straight hours to boost my stregnth, only taking about 30 minute breaks in between what I would usually do only once a day. Before I do this, could it possibly be harmful? I sweat like a pig (even though pigs don't sweat) So should I bring like, 20 lbs of gatorade? You don't have to answer that, but will this 24 hour workout harm me? That's my main concern.
    I believe that a routine like this would be an effective and sensible way to achieve good gains in both strength and mass in a short period of time.

Then again, I also believe in the tooth fairy.
    WORDS OF WISDOM:

"Our bodies are our gardens;
    to which our wills are gardeners"
    ~ William Shakespeare

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
    ~ Juvenal

"I discovered a meal between
    breakfast and brunch!"
    ~ Homer J. Simpson

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)

i can only be thankful that you decided to ask this question here before deciding to do this. if we have been able to change your mind, then we have saved a young life!

ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Normally I would be concerned with something like this, but it's not possible. Go ahead and TRY to lift for 24hrs straight...it won't work. Keep your workouts 1hr or less for optimal gains.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you are only violating every principle of lifting ever created. itll be a great lesson into the limits of the human anatomy, the wonders of CNS burnout, the pleasure of muscle tears, the modern advancements in hospital treatment of dehydration, the joy of failure to accomplish a goal, and the majesty that is a darwin award.

norco_one25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) norco_one25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) norco_one25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do it
    and come back and tell us your "gains"
    Goal : gain 8 kilos before the end of this year.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    worst idea ever

eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eyeofthetiger is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

this zcater kid is the strongest kid ive ever seen, look at his stats, his 24 hour workouts are going to take him to the mr olympia title at age 20

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by bigpoppaproppy
    you are only violating every principle of lifting ever created. itll be a great lesson into the limits of the human anatomy, the wonders of CNS burnout, the pleasure of muscle tears, the modern advancements in hospital treatment of dehydration, the joy of failure to accomplish a goal, and the majesty that is a darwin award.
    LMAO.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It reminds me of this kind of "thinking":
    Attached Images
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50) fsblunt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    It reminds me of this kind of "thinking":
    Hahaha. That's a good cartoon.

Originally posted by eyeofthetiger
    this zcater kid is the strongest kid ive ever seen, look at his stats, his 24 hour workouts are going to take him to the mr olympia title at age 20
    yea, i just looked at his stats and something doesn't add up

box squat (ewhich is below parallel) is 60pds ehavier than his parallel squat?? either he's making numbers up or has really poor form/no idea how each exercise is done. i remember when i was deadlifting like 350 (and stuck there for a while); lot of weight for weighing like 130 but i was doing it with horrible form.

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    it would be funny if studies in a few years time prove to that his trail of thinking is right. lol
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Originally posted by Uber-neggR
    it would be funny if studies in a few years time prove to that his trail of thinking is right. lol
    and basically say that the foundation of sports science and physiological right now is wrong....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

JustR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just lift for one hour and use the rest of the day to relax, rest eat and go out with friends

chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by bigpoppaproppy
    lol.

no but seriously kid, that is a horrible idea and i have no idea what inspired you to get it.

Originally posted by chris5
    and i have no idea what inspired you to get it.
    FLex and their "magic miracle" routines

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Angry Re: I'm planning on doing a 24 hour workout next weekend.

dont ask anymore questions until you have read the stickies.
    neg reds on sight crew

Re: Re: I'm planning on doing a 24 hour workout next weekend.

Originally posted by Rocky_Maivia

ut-oh, a triple frowny

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up Re: Re: I'm planning on doing a 24 hour workout next weekend.

RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) RotatorCuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think it would be a good idea. Get before and after pics. Take measurements. But why 24 hours? You'll get tired. I think 10-14hours is sufficient. List your maxes and record exactly what you do.

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: I'm planning on doing a 24 hour workout next weekend.

I think I'll quote this one more time just in case he missed it.
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think 18 pounds of Gatorade should be enough. No need for 20.

Re: Re: Re: I'm planning on doing a 24 hour workout next weekend.

Originally posted by Quantum_Man
    I think I'll quote this one more time just in case he missed it.

FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    yea, i just looked at his stats and something doesn't add up

box squat (ewhich is below parallel) is 60pds ehavier than his parallel squat?? either he's making numbers up or has really poor form/no idea how each exercise is done. i remember when i was deadlifting like 350 (and stuck there for a while); lot of weight for weighing like 130 but i was doing it with horrible form.
    His stats are obviously fake. Anyone who weights 140 pounds and lift that much (still on that 305 box squat) must know something about strenght training, and he doesn't.