ZXman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How come my body hold onto fat at all costs?

I've posted before with all my details and basically I've been eating very cleanly and measuring out all my food. I count everything I eat and I'm very scientific about everything.

But my body still wants to maintain a certain fat ratio. I cannot lose fat without burning muscle away no matter how hard I try. I've been very skinny before in my past, I've also been fat. But I have never been cut, I have a very "soft" look all the time no matter how much I weigh. My body is extremely prone to burning off muscle and keeping fat. At 5'10 and 178 lbs, I hover around 14% bodyfat. Trying to cut down simply burns muscle away. Trying to bulk up adds muscle but even more fat.

Does this BS happen to anyone else? Can everyone out there really get cut and big, or am I hoping for something that is simply not genetically obtainable for me? I have tried so many different things, all to see the same exact results. I'll add that nobody in my family has ever been ripped. They all have nearly the same soft build as me, even though they don't go to the gym. I feel like I'm "locked into" a bodytype that I'm not satisfied with.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    how old are you? have you had your hormone levels done recently? are you cutting out too many calories?

ZXman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ratmonkey
    how old are you? have you had your hormone levels done recently? are you cutting out too many calories?
    I'm 28, and haven't had my hormone levels checked. Before my intake was only about 1500 cals a day, so I upped it to 2400, which should be a more reasonable level. At first I couldn't handle that much food, but now I'm used to it and in fact I'm hungry for more. All clean foods, too.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you were cutting out way too many calories. cut more reasonably next time.

also go get a physical and get all your blood work done. liver/thyroid/test/esto...the works.

Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

are you making sure to eat 5-6 meals a day?

are you drinking enough water?

ever try thermogenics?

What is your fat intake like? are you getting enough EFAs???....Aid in weight reduction. EFAs help keep mood and energy up and suppress appetite, thereby aiding in weight loss. More recently, they have been found to block the genes that produce fat in the body (saturated and Trans Fat do not have this same effect) and increase thermogenesis
    ....Regulate organs and glands. Liver and kidneys, adrenal and "thyroid" glands, and the production of male and female hormones need EFAs....EFAs enhance thermogenesis, help build muscle, prevent muscle break down, and speed recovery from fatigue..... i think hemp oil is balanced the best....

Did you double check the GI on the foods you are eating?

are you getting enough of the right amino acids? Make sure about the BCAAs! They do more than most people think....

Is your Testosterone at the right level?

Enough Cardio?

Etc...Etc....
    "FEED YOUR NEED"

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by ratmonkey
    you were cutting out way too many calories. cut more reasonably next time.
    Exactly my thoughts. Your body has produced enzymes/cappilaries and hormones in accordance to keeping up with the needs of the fat on your body. Trying to cut calories to drastically pushes these to break down other tissues for energy before fat is used because the body goes into defense mechanism. You should find your maitenance calories, or as close to them as you can, and factor in your activity level calories. Once this is established, keep your calories 10-15% below your needed calories to sustain weight and you'll safely be losing weight without sacrificing muscle.
    Unaffiliated.