steveygbanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile are baked beans good PWO

i have milk with powdered milk powder (lots of protein like whey) and a bit of honey (to get a insulin spike) followed by a can of baked beans (has 20g of protein and 60 of carbs 10g of sugars) but i dont know if that is good enough after a workout for building muscle etc. im worried that the baked beans take to long to digest of something, im not sure. anyway, tell me what u think about this PWO meal and what i should change, thanx

scharger99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's an article on beans:

Beans

Next time you are in a grocery store, notice the interesting selection of dried beans. There are usually a dozen or more different varieties. Beans provide many nutrients: Protein, complex carbs, vitamins, iron, and calcium. One-half cup of cooked dried beans contains about 7 grams of protein. They also contain a special kind of soluble fiber that helps carry excess cholesterol out of the body. Best of all, beans contain no saturated fat, and also help to stabilize blood sugar.

Lentils - Have the most protein of all beans except soybeans.
    Garbanzos - High in protein, iron, fiber, and calcium.
    Soybeans - Contain over twice as much protein as other beans.
    Black beans - My favorite combined with brown rice to make a complete protein. Very high in complex carbs also.

It doesn't say anything about how fast they digest, but if you're taking whey protein with them that's perfect. Since whey is the fastest digested protein there is, (about 30 mins) taking other proteins with it that digest slower will give you a longer period of protein absorbtion.

Hope that helps!

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...03#post3611203

They weren't in the last thread you started a few days ago, but in the last couple days there have been major changes in human genetic make up and now they are the best thing around for pwo.

Read the last post in the other thread you started.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

steveygbanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

yeh thanx a lot, the reason why i made a new thread about the same subject was that i probably didnt explain properly

now you guys helped explain it and thats great and yeh now i know what to do better