roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lexington, KY Gyms

Hey all,

I'm moving to Lexington, KY in a couple of weeks and will be looking for a good gym. I'll be living on the south end of town, near the intersection of Tate's Creek and E New Circle. I did some searching online to see what gyms are in the area, and the top choices, at least from what I can tell, seem to be:

Lexington Athletic Club
    HealthwoRx
    Wildcat Fitness

My top two priorities are proximity to where I live and not having to wait long to use big items like the squat rack, leg press machine, and horizontal bench. Pretty much all I do involves barbells and free weights, although I do hop on the leg press, leg extension, and leg curl machines once each week. I prefer to lift in the evenings immediately after work, although am not opposed to working out in the mornings.

At this point I'm leaning towards Lexington Athletic Club, but I haven't actually been to any of these locations yet so this is based totally off of what I've seen and read online.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

NSCA-CSCS
    Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified Coach
    Primal Blueprint Certified Expert

rob@arthurhealth.com
    www.arthurhealth.com

ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000)
    I live in Lexington. A lot of the clubs around here are just that... clubs. They come with all sorts of extra amenities that I never use.

So I tried to find a barebones gym. Fitness 19 is what I found. It's not exactly the hardcore power lifting type atmosphere that I'd like, but it is no thrills. Cardio, machines, and free weights. nothing else. There really aren't that many people that are there at one time so you don't have to wait very long for equipment (however, it is new years). One con is that it only has one squat rack. Most of the gyms in this area are the same way though.
    Bench: 395
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 545

MISC Fragrance Bro

roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roba2686 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, dude! The gym I go to now has one squat rack and one power rack, but lots of people that like to use them so there can sometimes be a pretty gnarly wait in the afternoons. I usually do front squats, so I can roll without a rack, but eventually that won't be an option as my strength increases. Is there typically a long wait for the rack?

Would you recommend Fitness 19 over the ones I mentioned above? I don't really mind having a bunch of extra crap around, so long as I have access to a barbell for my main lifts and don't have a long wait for equipment.
    “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

NSCA-CSCS

rob@arthurhealth.com
    www.arthurhealth.com

Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cig Diesel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lexington Athletic Club should be more convenient to your house. I would choose LAC given those two options, LAC being 10x larger (but will also be more of a bish during peak times)

Thanks! That's kinda what I'm thinking too. I'll probably try out LAC for a week and then, if I'm not sold, try out Wildcat Fitness for a week before making a decision. Hopefully I'll get it figured out somewhat quickly!

NSCA-CSCS

rob@arthurhealth.com
    www.arthurhealth.com

Just FYI, I dropped by both places today and think I am likely going to go with LAC. I didn't get a chance to look inside Wildcat because the parking lot was totally packed (I believe there were a bunch of people watching the UK game at a bar right by the gym) but I did get to tour LAC and was very impressed. It's got WAY more of the types of things globo-gyms lack - squat racks, sled tracks, strongman-type equipment, different bar styles, etc. I must be honest that I did not expect that much from a local gym, but it really impressed me quite a bit. That being said, I haven't yet been there on a weekday at 5:30, so we'll have to see how I feel after a test drive, but it's looking pretty promising.

Regardless of what I choose, I appreciate y'alls' help!

NSCA-CSCS

rob@arthurhealth.com
    www.arthurhealth.com

Peyton725 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Moving to Lexington

I’m moving to Lexington in September and I need a gym that is similar to the gym I go to now. I go to atilis gym in egg harbor NJ it’s a very big bodybuilding/powerlifting gym and has a lot of good equipment and Machines and good lighting and a posing room. Is there any gyms in Lexington,KY like this ?