steveygbanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

baked beans post workout good?

straight after a 40 minute weights workout i eat a teaspoon of honey, some fruit juice, then a can of baked beans and some milk

is this good or bad to eat/drink this?
    Attached Images

warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hmm, good question. Beans have a decent amount of protein, and fiber. I would be worried about the fat and sugar in them though.
    Be accountable

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Re: baked beans post workout good?

Originally posted by steveygbanger
    straight after a 40 minute weights workout i eat a teaspoon of honey, some fruit juice, then a can of baked beans and some milk

Your PWO consumption is lacking in protein. Backed beans would be okay to eat as a PWO meal and hour after your shake, with some lean protein sources, so it will be a complete protein (beans, by themselves, are incomplete). Is it possible to find whey protein in your area?

Anticatabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: baked beans post workout good?

Originally posted by sawastea
    Your PWO consumption is lacking in protein. Backed beans would be okay to eat as a PWO meal and hour after your shake, with some lean protein sources, so it will be a complete protein (beans, by themselves, are incomplete). Is it possible to find whey protein in your area?
    Bump to that. Add a scoop of whey into your glass of milk, and it sounds okay. The sugar isn't much of a concern post-workout, and there's very little fat in most baked beans.

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot....
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djerickd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: baked beans post workout good?

Originally posted by cowboyathlete
    Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot....
    ROTFLMAO, I haven't heard that in ages!!!

liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why eat baked beans though when you could have black. Black beans are the bomb and then you don't have to worry about the sugar content. Just a suggestion.
    While I breathe, I hope.

If I had my way we'd sleep every night wrapped around each other like hibernating rattlesnakes- William Burroughs

A flask I drink of sober tea, til daylight sends me home, flickering I roam - 3d

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Quite a bit of your pwo nutrition is based on fructose, which is absolutely worthless pwo. I would drop the fruit juice, the honey, the beans and add whey to your milk, with some dextrose and creatine. Then you'll have a good pwo shake.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche