Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

steveygbanger is on a distinguished road. (+10)

baked beans post workout good?

straight after a 40 minute weights workout i eat a teaspoon of honey, some fruit juice, then a can of baked beans and some milk

is this good or bad to eat/drink this?
    Attached Images

Stats: 5'10", 248 lbs
    warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) warped has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit warped's BodySpace
    Hmm, good question. Beans have a decent amount of protein, and fiber. I would be worried about the fat and sugar in them though.
    Be accountable

Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6801
    sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sawastea's BodySpace

Re: baked beans post workout good?

Originally posted by steveygbanger
    straight after a 40 minute weights workout i eat a teaspoon of honey, some fruit juice, then a can of baked beans and some milk

Your PWO consumption is lacking in protein. Backed beans would be okay to eat as a PWO meal and hour after your shake, with some lean protein sources, so it will be a complete protein (beans, by themselves, are incomplete). Is it possible to find whey protein in your area?
    I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said: "By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!" Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat, and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure

Anticatabolic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Re: baked beans post workout good?

Originally posted by sawastea
    Your PWO consumption is lacking in protein. Backed beans would be okay to eat as a PWO meal and hour after your shake, with some lean protein sources, so it will be a complete protein (beans, by themselves, are incomplete). Is it possible to find whey protein in your area?
    Bump to that. Add a scoop of whey into your glass of milk, and it sounds okay. The sugar isn't much of a concern post-workout, and there's very little fat in most baked beans.

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    Stats: 6'2", 223 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9082
    cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit cowboyathlete's BodySpace

Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot....
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000) djerickd is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: baked beans post workout good?

Originally posted by cowboyathlete
    Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot....
    ROTFLMAO, I haven't heard that in ages!!!

BodyPoints: 65
    liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liquidvet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit liquidvet's BodySpace
    Why eat baked beans though when you could have black. Black beans are the bomb and then you don't have to worry about the sugar content. Just a suggestion.
    While I breathe, I hope.

If I had my way we'd sleep every night wrapped around each other like hibernating rattlesnakes- William Burroughs

A flask I drink of sober tea, til daylight sends me home, flickering I roam - 3d

Stats: 6'2", 225 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2714
    Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Melkor has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Melkor's BodySpace

Quite a bit of your pwo nutrition is based on fructose, which is absolutely worthless pwo. I would drop the fruit juice, the honey, the beans and add whey to your milk, with some dextrose and creatine. Then you'll have a good pwo shake.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche