Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

VPX CEX Bob Review

I was not going to post any review info, but since there seems to be so much interest in VPX CEX, I suppose I will run some of my test results for those that might be interested.

<b>Background:</b> I usually use V12 with 4 Ox tabs 30 minutes prior to training. I then usually drink a 20oz Gatorate during the workout with a little water and a Syntrax I****trix protein shake right after training. I also take assorted vitamins, herbs , flax seed oils, etc., but those are not factors in this test.

<b>New Routine:</b> One serving VPX CEX 30 minutes prior with 3 OX tabs. Another CEX serving immediately after training with 3 Ox tabs. 1 I****trix protein shake 45 minutes later. I was going to skip the OX tabs, but I have taken them so long that I can easily detect if CEX produces additional benefits or enhanced pumps.

<b>Taste, Texture, etc.:</b> I have to admit that I am surprised. It is such a small serving in 16 oz's of water that I was surprised when I got 2 small bottles rather than tubs. You use a half teaspoon for a serving, it completely disolves and has a rather pleasant berry flavor. A tad bitter, but not bad at all compared to any creatine that I have ever taken.

<b>Physical Condition</b> Condition wise I feel great and am well rested except for the fact that I am working the right bicep a little light until some type of tear or strain is healed. I tried working through it for a couple of weeks and then had to rest for two. I did a light routine last week and am back to full force this week. The bicep is feeling much better, but is still sore enough that I will not attempt to increase any weight on it until probably next week.

Monday Workout: Quads, Hams, and Calves -- I felt absolutley no difference from the CEX. I always get good work outs and today was no different. No enhanced pump or energy from the CEX. I did feel a little drowned from drinking so much water with the CEX, but that found its way out within an hour or so. Maybe I need to wait for a day or two to kick in.

Tuesday Workout: Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders --- Not a bad workout. I felt a little more vascular afterwards, but the pump was about the same. I did not feel any measurable increase in energy. I did have a mental sharpness and clarity that I usually don't have. Placebo effect? Who knows, but it did not result in any weight increases. Let's see if we build on this feeling with today's workout, which I have to run to right now. It has been 20 minutes since my CEX. I will report Wednesday's results in about 90 minutes.
    Last edited by BobL; 07-28-2004 at 07:18 PM.
    "There are those that talk a good game, and then there are those that just do it!"

Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds good bro...I am definitely interested to see how this goes b/c this product looks promising.
    Don't hate the playa hate the game!!!
    Go Spurs Go!!!
    Soy un Don Juan!!

hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I look forward to your review.
    20 years old
    5'10 160 10% bf

ALL NATURAL AND PROUD youngvet1's Avatar
    Location: In a world with a small population-- where inner strength and pride is just as important as outer. Yes thats me in the profile pic and Ive only begun
    youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    subscribes
    I am young but I am no rookie. I live, breathe, and flourish in the the trenches; where the chalk dust flies and newbies look and wonder how can I get that body. They reason that he must be on steroids or ph's but I have never and will never punish my health with such things. I am living proof that hard + smart work+time+patience is all that is required to not only look the best you can, but to live and be the best that you can be. Yeah Yeah I am a veteran!

BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BobL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    <b>Week 1</b>

<b>Wednesday Workout:</b> Chest & Back --- Good workout tonight! Of course, like I said, I always get a good workout in so what were the differences from normal? I think that this review process would be more effective if I use a straight bulleted form. This will keep my experiences and observations precise and clear:

1) I noticed something odd last night that is much more pronounced tonight; I am working very hard, but I am barely breaking a sweat and my heart rate is staying low. I decided to work faster tonight by reducing my rest period from 45-60 seconds to 30-45 seconds. I do not seem to have lost any strength and still am barely breaking a sweat. Let's keep an eye on this tommorrow and see what happens. <i>This has never happened the first week I normally cycle back on the V12.</i>

2) I had tremendous strength. What does that mean? Well I increased my max bench press 20 pounds and didn't feel like It was a stretch at all. Even with the sore bicep I had to increase virtually every exercise by at least 10 pounds to keep the reps under 9 or 10. I had to go 20 more on my bent over rows just to keep it at 10-12 reps, which is still to many, but I started feeling some stress on my bicep so I stood pat. I'm sure I could have easily went another 10 or 15 pounds to keep the reps around 6-8.

The impressive thing about this more than anything is that I was only resting about 30 seconds between sets. Before we get to excited, however, it is important to note that I always have a lot of additional strength the first week I cycle back on V12. This is normally where I make my weight jumps. The unique aspect here is that I am barely breaking a sweat, have decreased my rest times, and yet still significantly increased weight at a much higher rate than normal. For instance, the first 2 or 3 weeks back on the V12 I could get those extra 20 on the bench, but not in one night. It would probably take 2 or 3 workouts by jumping 5-10 lbs at a time.

3) I seem to be maintaining the pump much better than the first two days. My back is staying very pumped, which is something that rarely lasts more than about 30 minutes post workout. We are now about 90 minutes past training and my chest remains slightly pumped, but my back still feels great. Of course, I never took V12 after training so this is hard to say if it is unique to CEX. I do know that I remember maintaining a nice pump a while with a couple of other creatines that I used post training.

<b>Bottom Line to this Point:</b> It's now been 3 days and do I feel like VPX CEX is 30 or 40 times more potent than say my V12? So far there are some positive things that appear to be building so I think we need to follow this out. Obviously, there are some very unique things happening concerning strength and endurance, but nothing has just grabbed me by the B**lls and threw me against the wall yet. Let's see what tommorow brings.

It should be interesting the rest of the week because one of my companies is having a 3 day convention at the Aladdin, which will be some very long days. I will not be able to get to the gym until 10:30-11:00 pm tommorrow so I can't promise how much detail I will go into, and it may be late, but I will get something up. It should be interesting to see how the strength and endurance stands up after the kind of day I expect. Stay tuned!
    "There are those that talk a good game, and then there are those that just do it!"

StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50) StanChampion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    call me cynical, but only 3 days so far... I call placebo so far. Will check back after a couple weeks at least.

I have a bottle myself, as I am curious about this product as well.

Originally posted by StanChampion
    call me cynical, but only 3 days so far... I call placebo so far. Will check back after a couple weeks at least.

I have a bottle myself, as I am curious about this product as well.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you have already blasted VPX in another post for their pricing. You admit that their quality is OK, but you did not sound real positive about your opinion of them over-all.

I personally have never taken a VPX product so this my first. What I do know is that the CEX is very competively priced as far as a creatine supplement is concerned. I also know that other VPX products, such as their protein, is also competively priced. It is actually cheaper and looked very comparative to the Syntrax I****trix protein that I use. In any case, maybe you are comparing them to some really cheap basic brands.

Placebo? Like I said, everything so far is comparative to the results I would find when I cycle back on V12 with a few minor exceptions. I am usually a very skeptical person and not normally prone to placebo affects. I can't tell you how many products I have taken and felt absolutley nothing from, which is the reason why I stick with products forever if they actually do something for me. The only reason I decided to hold off on this cycle of V12 to try CEX is because ethyl creatine may just be a major advancement in creatine delivery. Is it that much better? Not sure yet, but I can assure that I will get to the bottom of that claim. And by the why, it is not just VPX making that claim.

Location: In a world with a small population-- where inner strength and pride is just as important as outer. Yes thats me in the profile pic and Ive only begun
    youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does anyone have any idea how much ethyl creatine is there per sering versus creatine akg? ( I know it is 2.5g per serving of a mix but does anyone know the breakdown)
    I am young but I am no rookie. I live, breathe, and flourish in the the trenches; where the chalk dust flies and newbies look and wonder how can I get that body. They reason that he must be on steroids or ph's but I have never and will never punish my health with such things. I am living proof that hard + smart work+time+patience is all that is required to not only look the best you can, but to live and be the best that you can be. Yeah Yeah I am a veteran!

<b>Week 1</b>

<b>Thursday Workout: Quads, Hams, Calves</b> --- Tonight was interesting because I only had 4 hours sleep last night due to the convention I am attending. In addition, I didn't get to workout until 10:30pm. So how did it go?

1) Again tonight I was not sweating as much as normal so I just kept pushing harder and was able to generate a little more sweat. Not totally normal, but at least more than the first 3 days. I also decided to check my heartbeat periodically on one of the Stairclimbers and I couldn't get it past 82. I normally work hard enough to get it in the low 100's. Granted, I don't check it very often, but there is an obvious difference. Is it good? I guess I am not sure. I seem to feel fine with plenty of strength and edurance. Not sure what to make of this. Tommorrow I will check it before I actually start just for the heck of it. It should normally be in the low 70's before any training.

2) As I alluded to above, I had really good strength and endurance despite only sleeping 4 hours. I increased the weight on almost every routine by at least 10 pounds. No issue with the bicep since I was on legs so I really wasn't restricted in any way like last night. There is absolutely no doubt that I am getting a much bigger kick in strength and endurance than my V12. Every night, including a 4 hour sleep night, I had to literally force myself to stop after an hour. I really feel like I could push hard for another 30-45 minutes at least.

3) I am maintaining a great pump. I know it might be hard to believe, but my back and chest still feel pumped from last night. Granted, it is not like right after training, but the mirror does not lie. It is there. Of course, remember that I never used V12 before AND after training. So this could conceivably also happen for me on V12.

<b>Bottom Line to this Point: It's now been 4 days and do I feel like VPX CEX is 30 or 40 times more potent than say my V12?</b>

There is no doubt that my endurance is at an absolute high. My strength is also pretty incredible. Hopefully the heartbeat thing is not an issue, but it doesn't feel like a bad thing. It just feels like I am not pushing myself hard enough.

Before everyone runs out and buys 20 jars, I thought of a couple of factors that could be influencing some of these results. Remember that I said because of the bicep I had to take 2 weeks off and then go about 50% the next week? Well here I am with great strength and endurance after a really nice rest for the first time in 6 months. I am not saying this accounts for everything, and I have never gotten a boost like this before after taking a week or so off, but before we jump the gun I think we need to wait and see how this develops next week. If I can continue throwing on pounds, continue wanting to go for another hour, continue maintaining pumps, and continue feeling like I am barely working, then we just may be on to something. WOW! This is getting exciting.

(Tonight will be another 4 hour sleep night and another long day on Friday so look for my update pretty late again.)

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    I noticed a decreased need for rest time between sets when I first used Swole V2. I noticed this almost immediately as well. So I do not think you can write off what he is experiencing as a placebo effect.

Aspiring Polymath GhostfaceKillah's Avatar
    GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Solid review. Keep it up. I recently purchased CEX and am contemplating a log.
    Creeping while you're sleeping.

"Like short sleeves, I bare arms." ~ Jay-Z

"Smile all up in your face then I break your chin." ~ P. (Mobb Deep)

Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000) Vegeto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BobL, Why do you take Syntrax I****trix pwo? Not a straight whey guy?

subscribes.

drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000)
    as far as the heart rate thing
    could this theoretically be the heart uptaking the creatine and being able to work more efficiently?
    I don't have a tuxedo that fits anymore because my chest and my biceps are too big.
    Charlie Sheen

Re: VPX CEX Bob Review

Originally posted by BobL
    I was not going to post any review info, but since there seems to be so much interest in VPX CEX, I suppose I will run some of my test results for those that might be interested.

<b>Background:</b> I usually use V12 with 4 Ox tabs 30 minutes prior to training. I then usually drink a 20oz Gatorate during the workout with a little water and a Syntrax I****trix protein shake right after training. I also take assorted vitamins, herbs , flax seed oils, etc., but those are not factors in this test.

<b>New Routine:</b> One serving VPX CEX 30 minutes prior with 3 OX tabs. Another CEX serving immediately after training with 3 Ox tabs. 1 I****trix protein shake 45 minutes later. I was going to skip the OX tabs, but I have taken them so long that I can easily detect if CEX produces additional benefits or enhanced pumps.

<b>Taste, Texture, etc.:</b> I have to admit that I am surprised. It is such a small serving in 16 oz's of water that I was surprised when I got 2 small bottles rather than tubs. You use a half teaspoon for a serving, it completely disolves and has a rather pleasant berry flavor. A tad bitter, but not bad at all compared to any creatine that I have ever taken.

<b>Physical Condition</b> Condition wise I feel great and am well rested except for the fact that I am working the right bicep a little light until some type of tear or strain is healed. I tried working through it for a couple of weeks and then had to rest for two. I did a light routine last week and am back to full force this week. The bicep is feeling much better, but is still sore enough that I will not attempt to increase any weight on it until probably next week.

Monday Workout: Quads, Hams, and Calves -- I felt absolutley no difference from the CEX. I always get good work outs and today was no different. No enhanced pump or energy from the CEX. I did feel a little drowned from drinking so much water with the CEX, but that found its way out within an hour or so. Maybe I need to wait for a day or two to kick in.

Tuesday Workout: Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders --- Not a bad workout. I felt a little more vascular afterwards, but the pump was about the same. I did not feel any measurable increase in energy. I did have a mental sharpness and clarity that I usually don't have. Placebo effect? Who knows, but it did not result in any weight increases. Let's see if we build on this feeling with today's workout, which I have to run to right now. It has been 20 minutes since my CEX. I will report Wednesday's results in about 90 minutes.

So you are using i****trix as you post workout shake? Do you have any simple carbs in your routine?
    If you have a post workout shake how long do you wait after taking the cex post workout before having the shake?

Originally posted by Vegeto
    BobL, Why do you take Syntrax I****trix pwo? Not a straight whey guy?
    I was looking for a good and economical protein about a year ago and RippedUp turned me on to I****trix. The stuff works great for me. Check out the ingredients at :

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/isore.html

Originally posted by Beast
    I noticed a decreased need for rest time between sets when I first used Swole V2. I noticed this almost immediately as well. So I do not think you can write off what he is experiencing as a placebo effect.
    I think you are correct, Beast. There is something going on and it is not a placebo effect. I am so suspicious of everything and as you can tell by my reviews I am always looking for something else that could be responsible for reactions or effects.

Re: Re: VPX CEX Bob Review

Originally posted by youngvet1
    So you are using i****trix as you post workout shake? Do you have any simple carbs in your routine?
    If you have a post workout shake how long do you wait after taking the cex post workout before having the shake?
    I take the CEX immediately after training and then about 45 minutes later have an I****trix protein shake. I really like the timing. I had tried some other creatines in this order a while back with good results, but I ended up going back to the V12, which I only used 30 minutes prior and first thing in the morning.

As far as simple carbs go, I assume you are asking me in the workout process because through the day I have other carbs. During the workout, however, I drink a 20 oz gatorade which has 14 grams of carbs. Sometimes, depending on how the day went diet wise and what time I am working out, I will have one of those Budget Gourmat Lasagna Alfredo with Broccoli frozen dinners with my post workout protein shake. Those have 36 grams of carbs and 11 grams of protein. They really give you a nice post workout carb kick.

Originally posted by drewkowsky
    as far as the heart rate thing
    could this theoretically be the heart uptaking the creatine and being able to work more efficiently?
    It might be. I just usually don't get into the specifics of how each supp gets the job done. You might also be on to something here. See my Week 1 Friday Review that I will post in a few minutes because the heart things gets stranger and might just support your possible theory.

Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
    Solid review. Keep it up. I recently purchased CEX and am contemplating a log.
    Thanks Ghost. I would love to see another review log started just to see if there are correlations with my experience.

zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by StanChampion
    actually i had been taking it for about 5 days now and i do feel the hype.
    here is what i think of you...http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/cat/html

“I imagine that one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, that they will be forced to deal to the pain.” James Baldwin

<b>Week 1

Friday Workout: Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps</b> --- Another night of only 4 hours sleep. I'm having a great time at this convention, but I sure will be glad when it ends tommorrow. OK, let's get to the workout tonight.

<i>The situation in the War Room:</i> Two straight days with only four hours sleep, didn't get to the gym until 11:15pm, thank heavens I drank water while everyone else was knocking back beers and mixed drinks at the convention. So how did the workout go?

1) As has been the case all week. I just can't seem to get a really good sweat going. I don't know why this bothers me so much. I think it is because perspiring releases tons of toxins from your body and maybe psychologically I feel like I am not getting them all out of my system. I just don't know? We are going to have to see what week 2 brings in the sweat department.

2) Now here is where the heartbeat things gets really strange. I took my serving of CEX and 3 Ox tabs 30 minutes prior as usual. Tonight, however, I decided to go over and check my heartbeat about 15 minutes after the CEX, which was about 15 minutes prior to training. My heartbeat was between 78 and 80, fairly normal for me, but here's where it gets strange. About 20 minutes into some really grooling tricep curls and skullcrushers, I dashed over and checked my heartbeat to find it around 60-62. Now that is really strange. I suppose the CEX kicked in by then, but I was working hard. I sure wish someone else would start a thread on CEX to see what their heart rate reaction is. I mean I feel really good physically with no exhaustion, pains, etc so I don't think this is hurting me in any way, at least I hope not. How about a little feedback so I won't worry so much if anyone has noticed creatine doing this.

3) Again, two 4 hour nights of sleep in a row and I was an absolute animal. I added additional weight on almost everything except the bicep exercises because of a tad bit of soreness left over from the previous right bicep injury. I can't imagine continuing to add weight next week at this pace, but we'll see I guess. Endurance -- what can I say. I brutalized everything in sight. I could have easily gone for another hour. Keep in mind that I have almost every exercise down to a 30 second rest while still adding weight, and am still getting a solid 5 reps. On some exercises, I am only squeezing out 5 reps on the first couple of sets and then slamming 6 and 7 out on the 4th, 5th, and 6th sets. This is crazy. I always get a boost cycling back on the V12, but nothing like this.

Maybe it was those two weeks off, but I am starting to believe there is something else happening like maybe CEX. Before I rule out that rest period though I need to see how I hold up with another series of ass kicking workouts next week.

4) I continue to maintain a nice pump pretty much round the clock. Don't get me wrong, my veins aren't jumping off my arms or neck, but I can clearly feel and see a tightness, hardness, and pump in virtually every mucle group. Again, this is nothing like coming right out of the gym, but it is something I never felt on the V12. Let's see how this holds up over the weekend since Sat and Sun are off days. Is it just a temporary pump, like those found with some nitrous products, or am I actually adding lean mass at a faster than normal pace for my norm? I suppose we are going to have to wait till Monday for that answer.

<b>Bottom Line to this Point: It's now been 5 days and do I feel like VPX CEX is 30 or 40 times more potent than say my V12?</b>

Since it is time to reflect on the entire week, I have to say that my strength and endurance clearly got stronger as each day passed. Was it that 2 week rest period? I suppose no one can definitively say yes or no at this point, but something is clearly happening that I have never felt before. It is very hard to explain how I feel physically. I really do have this unbreakable feeling. Of course that is V12's line so we probably shouldn't use it for CEX, but it is the closest description as to how I feel physically. The one thing I do know is that this is getting pretty exciting and if anyone put their paws on my CEX at this point we would most likely enter into some serious bone snapping discussions.

<b>The Forecast:</b> The bad news is that I am only going to get 4 hours sleep again tonight . The good news, however, is that I am going to be off Saturday and Sunday. I will be around for discussion, but look for the next update on Monday.
    Last edited by BobL; 07-31-2004 at 02:57 AM.

Originally posted by zerocruil_2
    actually i had been taking it for about 5 days now and i do feel the hype.
    That's great. Have you noticed any slow down in your heart beat when you start working out?

BOBL could u talk a little bit about recovery aspects in your review. Like how sore you are the day or two after your workout...
    thanks.

spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this product is sounding good.

I wonder why it says it was discontinued on the bb.com store
    ================================
    Unlock the true potential of all your supplements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=820217

Aspiring Polymath GhostfaceKillah's Avatar
    GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by spoonman
    this product is sounding good.

I wonder why it says it was discontinued on the bb.com store
    From what I understand, there was a little drama between BB.com and VPX, but it has been resolved and CEX should be in stock soon.
    Creeping while you're sleeping.

"Like short sleeves, I bare arms." ~ Jay-Z

"Smile all up in your face then I break your chin." ~ P. (Mobb Deep)

kixazz2529 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive started a log....def nothing like yours but im gonna post an excel spreadsheet showing the difference in weights from pre cex to my first week on cex....i have noticed a pretty big difference so far while on cex
    Last edited by kixazz2529; 07-31-2004 at 12:22 PM.

hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hard_gainer123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Link to you thread please.
    20 years old
    5'10 160 10% bf

Originally posted by youngvet1
    BOBL could u talk a little bit about recovery aspects in your review. Like how sore you are the day or two after your workout...
    thanks.
    Yes I can. I guess I didn't highlight that aspect because once I started taking OX, which is basically just citrulline-malate, after training soreness really became a non-issue for me. Of course the citrulline malate removes amonia from your body while helping to burn off the lactic acid.

Don't get me wrong, citrulline malate will not take all of the soreness away, but it makes a difference. Especially when you take a couple of weeks off like I did and then come back hard. The first time through each muscle group this week I felt pretty sore for about 24 hours, but in hindsight, maybe it should have lasted a little longer even with the citrulline malate.

I am sure you are trying to zero in on weather the CEX sped up the recovery process. Hmm... I did recover rather quickly and perhaps the added endurance was the result of the mucles recovering faster. In retrospect, youngvet, I think the CEX may have made some difference. Again, considering that I took 2 weeks off I probably should have felt a bit more sore. After the arm workout last night, which was the 2nd one of the week I am a little surprised to find that I have no soreness whatsoever today. The only problem that I have is this ongoing bicep strain that I think I aggravated a little last night.

I will address the issue of soreness next week on each day because it may be a benefit that I was over looking. I think next week will really be a better measure of the CEX for a couple of reasons:

1) The issue of taking 2 weeks off for my bicep strain will be behind us

2) I always got a good boost in endurance and strength the first week back on V12. We want to see the difference that CEX makes. Although, I clearly had a much bigger boost this week than normal we have to consider those 2 weeks off. How much impact did it have? The bottom line is that next week going forward will be the real test.

Originally posted by kixazz2529
    ive started a log....def nothing like yours but im gonna post an excel spreadsheet showing the difference in weights from pre cex to my first week on cex....i have noticed a pretty big difference so far while on cex
    I think that would be fantastic. I am keeping a log of the actual start weight and increases, but I won't be publishing that till the end of run. Basically just a start and end weight. I think if you did one daily then it would really compliment these other reviews and really accentuate the added strength and endurance that I have been talking about. Let us know when you start the thread so I can subscribe.

zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocruil_2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by BobL
    That's great. Have you noticed any slow down in your heart beat when you start working out?
    can't say i have, because i haven't paid attention to it but my cardio sessions are certaily amped.
    here is what i think of you...http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/cat/html

“I imagine that one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, that they will be forced to deal to the pain.” James Baldwin