BigScott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My struggle with the weights/quest for 300 pound bench

Im currently 5'9 180 pounds and 17 years old. I wrestle in high school and im trying to keep my weight around 175-180. So that i can wrestle 171 this season. Here is my program....

Monday: Chest/triceps

Barbell bench press 3-4 sets of 3-10 reps
    Incline bb or db bench 3-4 sets of 4-8 reps
    Dips 3 sets of 4 to 20 reps
    Close grip bp 3 sets of 8 reps
    Lying tricep extensions 3 sets of 8 reps
    Bench dips 3 sets of alot

Tuesday: Back/bis

Pullups/chin ups alot of sets of alot of reps
    T bar rows 3 sets of 6 to 20 reps
    Bent over rows 3 sets of 8 reps
    One arm db rows 3 sets of 8 reps
    Barbell curls 3 sets of 10 reps

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Shoulders

Barbell clean and press 5 sets of 15 to 20 reps
    Military presses 4 sets of 6 to 10 reps
    Side laterals 3 sets of 20 reps
    Shrugs 3 sets of 10 reps

Friday: Legs fun day

Squats 5 sets of 3 to 20 reps
    Leg presses 3 sets of 6 reps
    Deadlifts or good mornings 3 sets of 2 to 10 reps
    Leg curls 3 sets of 8 reps
    Standing and seated calf raises
    "Hardcore" isn't something you can really define. You can't see it, feel it, or taste it. You can't buy it, borrow it, or lend it to a friend. Hardcore is a mentality that exists only in the mind. Through our passions, wants and desires, a hardcore attitude must prevail. The type of a attitude that says "give me your best f***** shot, because I'll f*** you up twice as hard if you try." It is a no-quitting state of mind, the type of mentality that only true warriors can hope to posses. A type of mentality that i posses

Hari K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck. 300 bench at 171 would be nice.
    Hari K.
    6'3" 241lbs BF-23.8%

"Don't give me this crap about "I can't do any more weight or I'll collapse"... add 5lbs and collapse then. When you get back up give me 10 reps"
    My training journal (new): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287773

ReYeM is a way of life, It's part of your being, It's a power you project
    and a strength you hold deep

RadStar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what about the quest for 300 lb bench?

how much can you bench right now.. and how have u progressed on your benching?
    RAD is Cutting
    After Week #1: 168.2 lb
    After Week #2: 168.2 lb

Originally posted by RadStar
    what about the quest for 300 lb bench?

how much can you bench right now.. and how have u progressed on your benching?
    Right now i rep 225 for close to 10. I recently close grip benched 245 for 3 so...i dunno what my max is. I would guess its around 270-275.
    "Hardcore" isn't something you can really define. You can't see it, feel it, or taste it. You can't buy it, borrow it, or lend it to a friend. Hardcore is a mentality that exists only in the mind. Through our passions, wants and desires, a hardcore attitude must prevail. The type of a attitude that says "give me your best f***** shot, because I'll f*** you up twice as hard if you try." It is a no-quitting state of mind, the type of mentality that only true warriors can hope to posses. A type of mentality that i posses

Eats dogg crapp. hepennypacker52's Avatar
    hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by BigScott
    Right now i rep 225 for close to 10. I recently close grip benched 245 for 3 so...i dunno what my max is. I would guess its around 270-275.
    I bet you could get close to 300 now. I don't know if it's accurate, but this was for my bench 1RM: http://www.hardgainers-home-gym.com/onermax.htm. According to that you should be able to bench 299.

Good luck though.

Workout #1 Chest/tris

Barbell bench press 225/11 reps hell yeah baby 255/2 happy about this too 225/6 185/10

Incline bench 205 for 3 155/8 135/10

Dips weighted with 45 pounds 11 reps then bw for 20

Close grip bp 185 for 4 185 for 4

Lying tricep extensions 90 for 5 cut short due to hurting wrist.

Comments: Awesome workout, very happy. 225 is nothing to me now and 255 wasnt even that hard. 300 will be mine.

Originally posted by hepennypacker52
    I bet you could get close to 300 now. I don't know if it's accurate, but this was for my bench 1RM: http://www.hardgainers-home-gym.com/onermax.htm. According to that you should be able to bench 299.

Good luck though.
    Im not very good at maxing out. I have a higher percentage of slow twitch fibers so my max has always been lower.

RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great workout man! 225 for 11 is awesome. 300 is right around the corner.
    Link to my journal.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=359604

Stats=currently injured ankle

best lifts at 180

bench 225/10 275/2
    Deadlift 405/5 455/1
    Full oly style Squat 325 w/belt

Originally posted by BigScott
    Workout #1 Chest/tris

Barbell bench press 225/11 reps hell yeah baby 255/2 happy about this too 225/6 185/10
    How about next time u do the bench press you try this..

225/ 1 rep

255/ 1 rep

275/ 1 rep

300/ 1 rep

Make sure u have a spotter.. MAX efforts are great when you are not already tired from doing a number of reps beforehand.

After giving it your best shot (succeeding or failing) do your regular workout.
    RAD is Cutting

How about next time u do the bench press you try this..

225/ 1 rep

255/ 1 rep

275/ 1 rep

300/ 1 rep

Make sure u have a spotter.. MAX efforts are great when you are not already tired from doing a number of reps beforehand.

After giving it your best shot (succeeding or failing) do your regular workout.
    Im going to wait another month or so before i max. I want to make sure i can get it. I do plan on maxing out on squat on friday so ill let you guys know how that goes.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    i know this may ruin things but whats your benching technque like...

Sorry for not posting. Been having problems with mom lately. Tuesday i did back and bis

Back/bis

Deadlifts 405/3 hell yeah got my strength back 365/4 315/7 didnt push myself after 405 was capable of more

Pullups bw/9 6 5 4 with lots of negatives and forced reps

T bar rows 5 25s for 8/7/4 reps

Bent over rows 165/6 135/10 135/7

Barbell curls 100 for 6 then 90 for 5

Comments: All in all pretty good workout. Very happy with the deads. I have done 405 for 3 before but then was forced to stop doing them due to a back injury so now im back to where i was. Im a natural deadlifter.

Originally posted by scott_donald
    i know this may ruin things but whats your benching technque like...
    Like it should be. Im not going to argue with you over the weight i use and how you think i use bad form. Whatever, i know what i can put up. I worked very hard to get to where i am in the strength department.

Wednesday i went to the gym to max out on squats. I did 135/5 185/1 225/1 275/1 315/1 barely got 315 but still got it rock bottom baby waaay below //.

Thumbs up good job

couldnt wait till fri to max out on squats huh good job. I cant imagine even squatting that much. congrats on your achievement.
    RAD is Cutting

Re: good job

couldnt wait till fri to max out on squats huh good job. I cant imagine even squatting that much. congrats on your achievement.
    Thanks alot man. I barely got it. Once i got halfway i stalled big time but still managed to get it up.