metalideth2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I need advice for the future please

OK heres the story...about 8 months ago I was 320 pounds and just fat. I am now down to 190 pounds at around 17.5% body fat and I am 6' 4". There lies the problem. I still have a very high bodyfat percentage yet I am 6'4" and have been getting alot of negative comments about being too thin now, although I still have a gut but nowhere as big as it was. I need a recomendation as to what I should do. I have been lifting for severial months but due to my continual caloric deficit have made little gains. Should I just keep cutting for like another 2 months till I get to around 175 at 8% bf or try bulking. I really don't know which direction I should be going right now. It just seems to me that a guy that is 6'4" shouldn't be weighing 175 pounds. Thanks for the advice.

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would start eating a maintenance diet and lift. this should allow you to gain some muscle.If you eat much more than this you could rebound and gain all the fat back. Once the muscle is in place it will be easier to adjust a diet acordingly.

callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: I need advice for the future please

Originally posted by metalideth2000
    OK heres the story...about 8 months ago I was 320 pounds and just fat. I am now down to 190 pounds at around 17.5% body fat and I am 6' 4". There lies the problem. I still have a very high bodyfat percentage yet I am 6'4" and have been getting alot of negative comments about being too thin now, although I still have a gut but nowhere as big as it was. I need a recomendation as to what I should do. I have been lifting for severial months but due to my continual caloric deficit have made little gains. Should I just keep cutting for like another 2 months till I get to around 175 at 8% bf or try bulking. I really don't know which direction I should be going right now. It just seems to me that a guy that is 6'4" shouldn't be weighing 175 pounds. Thanks for the advice.
    congratulations on your weightloss, man.

since we dont have a pic of you, we cant really say whether or not you are too thin. i lost about 70lbs over the course of 8 months, and by the time i was done i had people telling me i was too think left and right. i can tell you they probably think you are too thin because (in your dieting) you lost ALOT of muscle mass. if you are 190 and have 18% bf, that means you are only around 156lb lean mass (someone correct my math, i figure im off a little it), and too be 6'4, that is DEFINETLY too thin.

how often were you lifting and what was your diet like? lifting too often and in an extreme caloric deficit can actually have catabolic effects. and try to lose 15lbs and 10% bodyfat... i dont even know if you can do that (if the numbers would add up, but again.. someone double check me), because (if i am right, but this is just off the top of my head), for 15lbs to be ALL fat and to reduce you by 10% BF, you would weigh in around 150-160lbs. i think for you to try and achieve that may be unhealthy.

if i was you, i would go back to bulking up. eat clean and eat alot, while lifting and getting enough rest. you will pack on the weight (as well as fat, but you gotta lose to win), but the more muscle you pack on, the less people will say you look "too thin" and such. after you have shot your weight up, you can start cutting and then (if done properly), you can weigh around 210, but not have that gut and be pretty cut.

i was once in the same position as you. im only 5'6, and went from around 200lbs to 135lbs in around 8months, but i STILL had a gut. it really killed me, but i got sick of it and just ate more. my weight shot up to 165, but i didnt look much bigger, and right now i weigh 148 (13lbs more than 135), and i am decently cut. so its all about if you do it right.

good luck. =)
    the only good things to come out of england were elizabeth hurley and the muffins