24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Location: Playing Hide and Go Seek with Osama Bin Laden, DAMN! hes good!
    marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How painful is gyno surgery

And how long is the recovery?

jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit jambo's BodySpace
    VERY VERY VERY painful, well depending on how big the surgery is. If it includes lyposuction for surrounding excess chest fat then expect severe bruising all around your chest and armpit area. you will not be able to move your arms at all. you will not be able to sleep on your side. take about 6 weeks until you get full mobility if it is big surgery.

Stats: 6'1", 282 lbs
    BodyPoints: 35
    Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Harland's BodySpace
    are you seroius?

Because i was wondering the same thing, i got a mild case from being overweight.....
    Trying to be the best I can be, without having to do my best.

Stats: 6'2"
    BodyPoints: 313
    Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mad Dog162 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Mad Dog162's BodySpace
    Painful enough to stop you thinking about doing steriods...
    Molon Labe

Once a KA, always a KA.

marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marc0g has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by jambo
    VERY VERY VERY painful, well depending on how big the surgery is. If it includes lyposuction for surrounding excess chest fat then expect severe bruising all around your chest and armpit area. you will not be able to move your arms at all. you will not be able to sleep on your side. take about 6 weeks until you get full mobility if it is big surgery.
    **** that sucks man, I was gonna get the surgery, but now idk, I got my tonsils out and its killen me, IDK how this is gonna me, What if its minor and there only taking out the gland and a very little amount of fat?

BodyPoints: 3220
    The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit The Rob's BodySpace
    the surgery is painless............

the recovery is a bitch!
    If birds use their pecs to fly........do gargoyles use their traps?

I went from 95 lbs to 280 RIPPED in 5 weeks eating ONLY eggs, so don't talk to me about hard gainers! (PS: I can deadlift 3 cars and a bus AND I can squat Roseanne)

Stats: 6'3", 208 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1547
    Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taistelu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Taistelu's BodySpace
    is doing steroids the only way you can get gyno?
    "With all that I am, I will lift my voice to start this revolution: it starts today and it starts with me"

"The more you sweat now, the less you'll bleed in battle"

Olen rep takaisin.

Stats: 6'1", 282 lbs
    BodyPoints: 35
    Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Harland is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Harland's BodySpace
    Originally posted by elementskaterx7
    is doing steroids the only way you can get gyno?
    no
    Trying to be the best I can be, without having to do my best.

iceberg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit iceberg's BodySpace
    Originally posted by The Rob
    the surgery is painless............
    Unless you decide to operate on yourself with a kitchen knife.

Seriously guys, can somone that has done the surgery tell me how painful it was, i hate my gyno its the worst (its from puberty) and i cant get it out or another 3 years ( long story) but say if you were very lean and there was very little fat to take out but the gland and was there how painful would it be. Do they gice you pain medicine. Are you in the hospital overnight? I got my tonsils out and damn that hurt like a mother****er. how much worse is gyno surgery!!

iceberg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit iceberg's BodySpace
    Originally posted by marc0g
    Seriously guys, can somone that has done the surgery tell me how painful it was, i hate my gyno its the worst (its from puberty) and i cant get it out or another 3 years ( long story) but say if you were very lean and there was very little fat to take out but the gland and was there how painful would it be. Do they gice you pain medicine. Are you in the hospital overnight? I got my tonsils out and damn that hurt like a mother****er. how much worse is gyno surgery!!
    I've heard it's like giving birth. They cut you open with a rusty blade, and you don't even get any anesthetic.

Stats: 5'1", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18651
    Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Supadude has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Supadude's BodySpace
    Originally posted by jambo
    Thats BS. When I had surgery to repair my torn tendon I was only in pain for about 2 days. I could move my arm again after a week and a half.

I doubt you would feel anything from Gyno surgery after a week. Maybe take a break from the gym, but you should be able to do everything else fine.

SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000) SweTy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    My friend.

its a very simple operation, almost painless.
    Dont wory about it.

Peace

BodyPoints: 38
    badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit badboyslayer's BodySpace
    Originally posted by iceberg
    I've heard it's like giving birth. They cut you open with a rusty blade, and you don't even get any anesthetic.
    I wish.. I heard they take out your kidney and sell it on the black market and that rusty blade is actually a meat cleaver.

One more thing.. because they cant remove the whole gland, it sometimes mutates and turns ferile.. purple plague like infection spreads all over your body.

Nasty **** bro

You're doomed

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. He will be lonely often and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

BodyPoints: 38
    badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) badboyslayer has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit badboyslayer's BodySpace
    But seriously bro..

Make sure you go to a cosmetic plastic surgeon with gyno experience and not a general surgeon.

I've seen some really nasty scars from inexperienced surgeons and it will totally ruin your physique. Another thing you might want to talk to your surgeon about are cortisone injections, they breakdown scar tissue and make a huge difference.

Its painless but ofcourse they are cutting you open so you will have discomfort for around a week or so.

Good luck
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. He will be lonely often and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jambo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit jambo's BodySpace
    Originally posted by Supadude
    Thats BS. When I had surgery to repair my torn tendon I was only in pain for about 2 days. I could move my arm again after a week and a half.

I doubt you would feel anything from Gyno surgery after a week. Maybe take a break from the gym, but you should be able to do everything else fine.
    What would you know man, have you ever had it?? I had surgery 3 times because I had such a severe case. And each time I suffered the same. 2nd and 3rd time it was more lyposculputure to try and improve the shape of my chest because the first op went wrong. What i said in my first post is true, I have been through it, so keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

BodyPoints: 1242
    DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DrBermant's BodySpace

Re: How painful is gyno surgery

Originally posted by marc0g
    And how long is the recovery?
    Comfort and recovery after gynecomastia surgery depend on the original problem, surgical technique, skill of your surgeon, after care, and other factors. My patients after male chest sculpture are usually taking only Tylenol for comfort. We give each patient a Rx for strong medication, but few take much if any. We have patients returning to some work the day after surgery. Heavy body activity can take much longer, the body has to heal itself before stressing sculpted tissues.

I have posted a number of patient reports about their experience, comfort, and return to activity here
    You will need to follow several links to various pages to get a good exposure to various patients stories.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

Stats: 5'8", 190 lbs
    farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) farzero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit farzero's BodySpace

ok welll here we go

i had my gyno surgery yesterday. I will tell you what its like thus far. you need go to the plastic surgeron he looks at you tells you yes or no if you need it, if yes like me then you get blood work and a physical which costs 45 dollars with insurance, you go to the plastic surgeon he takes pics of you sets up the procedure date at whatever facility he does the actual surgeries from you go there on an empty stomach they write on you with markers they strap you on a table thing lights and **** everywhere they plug u up with an iv with "happy juice" general anesthetic you will be asleep in 10 seconds u wont remember falling asleep it feels like you closed ur eyes for 2 minutes then u hear voices all around u saying its done and to breath and bla bla u feel nauseus cause the anesthesia makes u wanna throw up for some people. so far the pain blows. they cut out my glands and did lipo of chest, not regular old lipo they did ultra sonic lipo with a vaser machine supposed to be way better healing and tightening of skin and leaves bloodvessels intact better healing. well this **** hurts man this vest they put on me while I was knocked out is tight as **** looks like a bullet proof vest with velcro straps irritating. my chest feels ****in sore and I dont want to think about lifting my arms. my sides hurt alot too like I did 1000 situps and crunches and ****. my upper chest hurts like a bitch due to the lipo and what not. I need help getting up out of a chair or bed **** hurts. I walk really slow to not shake the vest and hurt. my armpits feel ****ed up with pain. my chest feels like it got sunburned and just had someone hit me wih 20 baseball bats lol. I got like 10 different types of meds the doc perscribed some were to take before surgery for a week some pain killers some anti swelling and anti bruising.. they cost 100 dollars total at walgreens. the entire surgery cost me 5,550.00 including everything the doc fees, anesthetic, the pills, the garments which u get 2, the tests and yeah thats about it. totally worth it I think. I cant wait so see my FLAT muscle sculpted chest I've worked so hard for. I hated looking down and seeying a big chest that wasnt pleasent to my eyes. I always muscle well proportioned all over but had extra fat on the chest and the glands were starting to get bigger and more annoying by the week. never juiced either just pubertal bull **** gyno lol they hurt and itched sometimes. if you think about it 5,550.00 really isnt that much considering the fact that u are tit free for the rest of your life and ur pecs will look ****in awesome improving ur physique by 10 times atleast. now im just gonna chill and **** gotta go back to work in a week hopefully i'll be alright if not i'll update them bitches tell em I need more time off. but I should be fine in 4 days ish. ouch ouch im in pain man. peace out iron bros.

Stats: 5'11", 179 lbs
    jdefazio000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdefazio000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdefazio000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdefazio000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdefazio000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdefazio000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdefazio000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit jdefazio000's BodySpace

Um No

Bullcrap. General Anesthesia is only used on major major gyno cases. I just had mine done 3 and a half weeks ago. Had both glands removed and liposuction and shaping and contouring done. It was a simple procedure on LOCAL Anesthesia. Meaning they inject you with numbing liquid at the site of the incision and gave me 2 Valium to relax my nervous system. When you take the Valium you could CARE LESS what they are doing to you. There are times when its uncomfortable and will feel little pokes and some pain because you are awake the whole time. When I felt it I would just tell him and he would give me more numbing stuff and I took a vicodin to ease pain. Took about 2 hours and when he was done stitched me up and I looked down and saw my flat chest. No pain just a bit of soreness. I walked out of there coherent and feeling like I could run a marathon. I have been wearing my chest compression vest 24 hours a day unless I'm showering and results are amazing. I had some fluid and blood build up that needed to be drained 4 or 5 times but that doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't really hurt at all. Unless you are deathly afraid of needles, don't be a baby and get it done it's well worth every penny.

Stats: 5'10", 146 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3577
    CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CEO Josh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit CEO Josh's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by jdefazio000 View Post
    Bullcrap. General Anesthesia is only used on major major gyno cases. I just had mine done 3 and a half weeks ago. Had both glands removed and liposuction and shaping and contouring done. It was a simple procedure on LOCAL Anesthesia. Meaning they inject you with numbing liquid at the site of the incision and gave me 2 Valium to relax my nervous system. When you take the Valium you could CARE LESS what they are doing to you. There are times when its uncomfortable and will feel little pokes and some pain because you are awake the whole time. When I felt it I would just tell him and he would give me more numbing stuff and I took a vicodin to ease pain. Took about 2 hours and when he was done stitched me up and I looked down and saw my flat chest. No pain just a bit of soreness. I walked out of there coherent and feeling like I could run a marathon. I have been wearing my chest compression vest 24 hours a day unless I'm showering and results are amazing. I had some fluid and blood build up that needed to be drained 4 or 5 times but that doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't really hurt at all. Unless you are deathly afraid of needles, don't be a baby and get it done it's well worth every penny.
    I'm getting it done. I have glands and my nips have been slightly puffy for a long time now. I thought it was normal... until I found out what gyno was.
    Disregard females, acquire currency

Rastacake33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by marc0g View Post

I had gyno surgery 2 days ago, I experienced some complications and developed a hematoma which is bleeding under the skin, had it drained and lost 4 pints of blood and had to go in for surgery twice in one day to stop the bleeding. I was due to leave an hour after surgery but ended up staying over night because of said problem. Now I'm at home, the pain isn't so bad although I have a lot of pain killers to take. Im very toned and so my gyno was pretty much just breast tissue although I had some lypo on my left side as it was bigger, although my chest sslightly sore to touch, my main pain is more in my left ribs which is weird. Overall gyno surgery isn't that painful, I had complications and I'm still coping fairly well

Registered User devilsrule61287's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 158 lbs
    devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devilsrule61287 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit devilsrule61287's BodySpace
    Just had the surgery a few weeks ago and wasn't bad. Had it done under full anesthesia, woke up sore and woozy, but was back home within just a few hours. You have to rest, be very gentle, careful showering, etc. but not much pain. I took my percocet just one time, more as a precaution for sleeping, but didn't need it. Ended up only taking Tylenol for a few days. Everything is super numb at first, and the numbness persists for weeks to months (some of the sensation in the area may never come back). While a lot of feeling has come back in the chest area, the nipple and area right around is are still numb.

The results are pretty much immediate. My chest was pretty much flat the very next day when I took off the dressing (though quite bruised and messy-looking with the stitches and incision). Swelling is common, and persists for a long time, but you do massaging of the area for months to break up scar tissue. I have only minor swelling, and everything looks real good. The feeling of being able to wear a t shirt without feeling embarrassed or self-conscious is amazing, and made the high $$ price worth it.

DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrBermant has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by devilsrule61287 View Post
    Just had the surgery a few weeks ago and wasn't bad. Had it done under full anesthesia, woke up sore and woozy, but was back home within just a few hours. You have to rest, be very gentle, careful showering, etc. but not much pain. I took my percocet just one time, more as a precaution for sleeping, but didn't need it. Ended up only taking Tylenol for a few days. Everything is super numb at first, and the numbness persists for weeks to months (some of the sensation in the area may never come back). While a lot of feeling has come back in the chest area, the nipple and area right around is are still numb.

The results are pretty much immediate. My chest was pretty much flat the very next day when I took off the dressing (though quite bruised and messy-looking with the stitches and incision). Swelling is common, and persists for a long time, but you do massaging of the area for months to break up scar tissue. I have only minor swelling, and everything looks real good. The feeling of being able to wear a t shirt without feeling embarrassed or self-conscious is amazing, and made the high $$ price worth it.
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Sorry, something sounds strange.

Originally Posted by devilsrule61287 View Post
    The results are pretty much immediate. My chest was pretty much flat the very next day when I took off the dressing (though quite bruised and messy-looking with the stitches and incision). Swelling is common, and persists for a long time, but you do massaging of the area for months to break up scar tissue. I have only minor swelling, and everything looks real good.
    The statement is unclear, swelling or not? How much? Some methods do result in that type of swelling. The better way to demonstrate how much swelling is with pictures. That is why I documented the paths my patients were taking as I was not satisfied with methods found in the literature which did have so much swelling. Here was my typical Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery. However, that takes a good deal of both surgeon skill, technique changes, as well as patient education: all time intensive. The gallery images links to much more detail about each patient. The lack of what surgeons show about their methods is to blame here when someone has more swelling than expected. For my patients, I asked each to let us know if their results or swelling was different as that could be a sign of a complication, which was very rare for my patients.

Had it done under full anesthesia, woke up sore and woozy, but was back home within just a few hours. You have to rest, be very gentle, careful showering, etc. but not much pain.
    If not needing the heavier medication, that is what we were achieving, but I did not want the woozy or sore discomfort for my patients. Our goal was to start out comfortable and remain that way. Swelling and bruising are signs of injured tissue also come with more discomfort. Comfort After Gynecomastia Surgery was a major goal of my work to minimize swelling and bruising. Although I prescribed each of my patients heavy strength pain medication, most told me that plain Tylenol was enough for their comfort. Part of the methodology permitting this technique was our Plastic Surgery Anesthesia which for our gynecomastia patients mean local with heavy sedation, not general anesthesia.

Everything is super numb at first, and the numbness persists for weeks to months (some of the sensation in the area may never come back). While a lot of feeling has come back in the chest area, the nipple and area right around is are still numb.
    Numbness is necessary for the surgery. But that numbness is best from the medication. Nerve injury numbness complications is part of any surgery. The extent of numbness depends on the original problem, what was done, technique, and many other factors. Some methods tend to cause more nerve injury. In my opinion, sharp cutting cannula and ultrasonic liposuction have that increased risk: which is why I chose to use other techniques. My patients teneded to be numb the day of surgery and then normal sensation soon there after unless dealing with massive weight loss patient Skin Reduction Mastopexy or the higher risk Revision Gynecomastia Surgery where nerves already were injured and scarred to tissues from other surgeons' misadventures. Those operations were, by the problem to be solved, much more extensive. Numbness and swelling were more than the primary cases. But, I put the paths typically seen and my patients were able to see what typical recovery would be like.

The results are pretty much immediate. My chest was pretty much flat the very next day when I took off the dressing (though quite bruised and messy-looking with the stitches and incision).
    Healing contour after Gynecomastia is best seen with minimum swelling techniques. I preferred methods where I could make my patients flat on the operating table, and that point would be their maximum swelling. We would review the contours the day after surgery and document what had been achieved: bruising, contours, comfort and so forth.

Swelling is common, and persists for a long time, but you do massaging of the area for months to break up scar tissue.
    My patients were taught not to cause their own new swelling. My goal was to have peak swelling at surgery and get the patients back to activities as fast as their healing tissues could take it. After Surgery Compression Garments both First Stage Gynecomastia Vests for right after surgery and then the Second Stage Male Chest Garments with Scar Care were part of the methodology. But my patients were told that tissues had to heal enough before starting the scar care or damage and new swelling will start.

Having happy results, well that is the purpose of the surgery. The trick is to try to do the contouring with techniques patients fully know what is going to happen between the before and afters. That is the advantage of having more comprehensive documentation pictures or even better videos showing the problem, the results, and path taken. Then patients can choose surgeon or at least know what to expect. Photos and videos also can separate verbal hype from reality. A few photos is just not enough to show these issues, which is why I evolved my Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia. Posting images can clear up just how much swelling is there now. If the surgeon or you have taken more complete recovery sets, that also would better define the experience for that doctor's methods and extend of problem treated.

Is it not nice being on the other side? That was always part of the pleasure of surgery, watching my patients' faces as the garment external dressings came off. There is so much Emotion Living with Gynecomastia, relief with a new contour can be quite amazing.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Impregnator has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Impregnator's BodySpace
    are these replies real or not
    ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Humid South Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆
    ------------------------------------------------
    ♥ ♪ ♥ ♪ BassDrive/DnB/Deep House Crew ♥ ♪ ♥ ♪ ♥
    ------------------------------------------------
    ツ Long Arm Skinny Ectoplasmic Form Manlet Crew ツ

Originally Posted by Impregnator View Post
    are these replies real or not
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Yes, I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with many decades of experience in gynecomastia surgery and many years posting here.

Why not validate them by looking at how the links offer photographic extended proof of statements vs verbal hand waving hype of short answers. My credentials: Bermant CV or you can browse through one of the largest resources about gynecomastia I built over the past 16+ years with thousands of before, during and after surgery photos.

That I am taking time during retirement to answer questions and dispel misconceptions of surgery, that boarders on the unreal.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackjonez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit jackjonez's BodySpace
    I had it and thought it was a piece of cake. I wasn't really in any pain at any point.

Discomfort when raising your arms for a few weeks. Just make sure you get a good surgeon with lots of previous before/after pictures. Don't try to save money by going to some back street surgeon.

It really isn't that bad at all. Best money i've spent. brb fitted t shirts.

DrBermant isn't a troll either if you're wondering, he's a highly experienced surgeon, i recognize his name from other boards.
    Just Do It

Stats: 185 lbs
    Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximus93 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Maximus93's BodySpace
    It's not terrible. I'm seven says past my surgery. I can't do forward or backwards movements with my upper arms (I still have stitches). The stitches are being taken out on Monday in five days time. Pain wise? I'd say the worst is right after the surgery in the hospital. I had to stay overnight with drains in my armpits.

I was more nervous for the drains to come out than the surgery itself. I was under general anaesthesia for the bilateral gynecomastia resection, no liposuction. I'm fairly lean and just had those puffy nipples that made you feel awful in a tshirt smaller than an extra large. I do have a very small hematoma above my left nipple which the surgeon said should calm down on its own in about 6 weeks.

I haven't received an invoice yet but the surgeon's few was about 750 after insurance, which covered approximately half. Then I have anaesthetist fee and a private room for one night plus medications.

Hope that's all readable. It's a little muddled but got most of the facts in there. Also phone corrected a few words wrongly.

Stats: 6'4", 211 lbs
    Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mikelawton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Mikelawton's BodySpace
    so do they do general vs local anesthesia depending on request of the patient?

Originally Posted by Maximus93 View Post
    It's not terrible. I'm seven says past my surgery. I can't do forward or backwards movements with my upper arms (I still have stitches). The stitches are being taken out on Monday in five days time. Pain wise? I'd say the worst is right after the surgery in the hospital. I had to stay overnight with drains in my armpits.

I was more nervous for the drains to come out than the surgery itself. I was under general anaesthesia for the bilateral gynecomastia resection, no liposuction. I'm fairly lean and just had those puffy nipples that made you feel awful in a tshirt smaller than an extra large. I do have a very small hematoma above my left nipple which the surgeon said should calm down on its own in about 6 weeks.

I haven't received an invoice yet but the surgeon's few was about 750 after insurance, which covered approximately half. Then I have anaesthetist fee and a private room for one night plus medications.

Hope that's all readable. It's a little muddled but got most of the facts in there. Also phone corrected a few words wrongly.

Was the stay in the hospital planned or as a result of the complication of bleeding and hematoma. Drains are useful for operations where bleeding can be a concern as a safety measure such that a collection of blood Hematoma Complication does not stay behind. This complication is a risk of any surgery. However with meticulous technique, and compulsive methodology I was able to minimize the risk to about 2 such complications a year without drains for my gynecomastia surgery. It is not just that a surgeon does not need a drain, but how many hematoma complications they get when not placing one. Rarely, I used a drain for the male chest surgery when I did not like bleeding during surgery, that was also quite rare like a bad revision scar case or a patient taking medication they were told not to take. Some surgery is much more extensive. For my tummy tucks I was never able to get the surgery to the point of not leaving a single drain. You can see the difference between the extent of surgery for what I needed drains for when reviewing actual surgery pages like Gynecomastia During Surgery Video or my Anatomy of Skin during a Tummy Tuck. Yes, it will take some time to look at the large slide page and the video, but look at what is done during the surgery, look at my technique. For me, i put that drain in when I needed to, but the use of the drain was a defeat that I was not able to get the surgery to the point of not needing that drain for an even better result.

Did your surgeon take compulsive before surgery documentation like my Standard Gynecomastia Pictures or even better, my Gynecomastia Video? The reason that is important, is that scar tissue from hematoma can be a significant distortion when dealing with subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia. I have seen patients from other surgeons with hematoma scar complication deformities that were worse than the subtle gland problems they started with. That is why such compulsive documentation before surgery can validate if the patient was made better or worse by the operation. And, no surgeon can guarantee no hematoma or need for drains. But asking the doctor's rate of such complications or how often they need drains are reasonable inquiries to learn about a surgeon's skills.

No, I no longer offer surgery. Yes, it is ego speaking that I was able to evolve my methods to have so little bleeding and bruising to avoid use of drains unless my case was more demanding. But it is not ego when a surgeon is able to make surgery good enough to not need the drain. Drains cost someone money. Placement of drains needs another incision so another scar. My patients with drains needed additional antibiotics until the drains were pulled. Removal of drains can hurt. So, it is not just ego, it can be a better way to do surgery. Looking into such details can take patients time. Not all surgeons will show that much information. Look for surgeons who can show the road between the before and after surgery or just how they handle tissues, drain issues. It is all about How To Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon and take what I was able to develop to learn what can be done, and then look to come close or find even better. That is what I did to get what I achieved.

Originally Posted by Mikelawton View Post
    so do they do general vs local anesthesia depending on request of the patient?
    Sorry, my patients were offered only local with heavy sedation for safety and comfort reasons unless I was performing something much more complex. The type of anesthesia was part of the design of the operation. General anesthesia has added risk for coughing and vomiting while waking with increased risks of hematoma and other complications I preferred to avoid by not offering that patient my elective surgery if they felt they had to change my technique. I had to have a reason to add unreasonable risks to my surgery. Yet, during my career I tacked some of the most demanding complex cases from around the world. So it was not a matter of being afraid of risk. It was a matter of safety and inappropriate risks that I preferred to avoid. Here is a collection of Gynecomastia Anesthesia Experiences with this methodology. That is the type of detail one should look for when evaluating someone's claims how their anesthesia works.

Choice of Surgeon
    Find many examples of experiences like I have tried to share or watch how the patients were moving in the after surgery videos to see their comfort levels in my before after videos. Seeing how it moves after the numbness of anesthesia wears off and not needing pain medications and how far they were able to lift their arms up overhead, that is neat to be able to document and demonstrate what has been achieved. I kept trying to improve what I did, looking for tiny improvements for each case to get to that level. Finding a surgeon also willing to document what they are doing and achieving, that is the point I am trying to make. If they do not show that detail, why? What are their patients like between the before and after images? How comfortable are they really?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Stats: 6'3", 174 lbs
    yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yeezus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit yeezus's BodySpace
    I had gyno surgery done. I was in bed for about 2 days after. Didn't hurt that much but I was really tired. Chest was sore for about 1-2 weeks. Worst part was having to wear this tight chest garment that helped with recovery. They gave me a script for hydrocodone so I basically chilled in bed popped a few pills and dozed on and off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast