Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm SUPER thanks 4 asking Superdude87's Avatar
    Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to get that "full" chest

Hey guys. I was wondering how to get that "full" chest where the pecs meet and touch in the middle. My pecs don't touch in the middle. Are there certain exercises that specifically work the middle region of the chest? Or does it just come with time? I've heard that barbell bench is best for this, but I workout alone and don't feel comfortable benching near my max without a spotter. Of course I could just bench weight that is comfortable so there's little risk of me needing a spot, but that'd be too easy and I probably wouldn't work the muscles hard enough. For bench I use dumbells. Any suggestions? Thanks

Steve

Master of the Dark Arts Tromboner45's Avatar
    Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    instead of trying to work the full chest with as much weight as you can handle, take about 1/2-3/4 of your max and bring your hands together. That will bring your chest together.

I'm SUPER thanks 4 asking Superdude87's Avatar
    Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you talking about barbell bench?

Z21BC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can't work the "middle" region of the chest, you can't move where the muscle meets the bone, I asked the same question a while ago.
    Hitotsu futatsu wa, akagu mo fumuga, mittsu yottsu wa, oni mo naku, naku...

biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10) biterman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    imo it would be weird to not ahve a gap lol

Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Warstu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dumbell flys are good
    I am 18
    I am 178 pounds
    6 feet 1/2
    Body fat 12-15%

I want to bulk upto 210pound by April/May

Focus Big arms , chest , back

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Warstu
    Dumbell flys are good
    no not particularly. stick with incline press, flat press and dips. some ppl like flyes too but i think they are a waste of time.

the fugee la has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Bench Cable Flyes

Bench cable flyes are by far one of my favorite chest exercises, adn can be done in three different variations to specifically hit the middle upper and lower lats. All you need is an adjustable bench placed equidistant from two low cable pulleys with stirrup handles. Just lay on the bench (on an ancline or flat angle) and perform a flye motion, making sure not to cheat by rounding your lower back or bending your elbows too much.

For more info, the August issue of Muscle + Fitness goes into great detail about sets, reps, and proper technique.

nGuyeN321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Decline
    Incline
    Dips

Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Bench Cable Flyes

Originally posted by the fugee la
    Bench cable flyes are by far one of my favorite chest exercises, adn can be done in three different variations to specifically hit the middle upper and lower lats. All you need is an adjustable bench placed equidistant from two low cable pulleys with stirrup handles. Just lay on the bench (on an ancline or flat angle) and perform a flye motion, making sure not to cheat by rounding your lower back or bending your elbows too much.

For more info, the August issue of Muscle + Fitness goes into great detail about sets, reps, and proper technique.
    sorry dude but muscle and fitness is not a good place to learn abt bodybuilding. the info is all wrong. not only can u not isolate upper middle or lower lats, they do not even exist! the lats are one big muscle group.

nGuyeN321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Bench Cable Flyes

Originally posted by Mad_Dog_Divine
    sorry dude but muscle and fitness is not a good place to learn abt bodybuilding. the info is all wrong. not only can u not isolate upper middle or lower lats, they do not even exist! the lats are one big muscle group.
    yah listen to this guy dont read those bs magazines instead read on this fourms on articles on bb.com

Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000)
    eat more and lift heavy you'll get it.

I been training for only 8months
    Attached Images

jerry85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jerry85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jerry85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have a huge chest, and it comes from just working all portions of my chest. Center= Flat barbell Bench, Lower= Decline Barbell Bench, Upper=Incline barbell Bench (The barbells can be replaced with dumbells). I also do either machine fly's or dumbell fly's to make my chest wider. And Finish off with Intense Dips for an overall chest workout.

Charm1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "no not particularly. stick with incline press, flat press and dips. some ppl like flyes too but i think they are a waste of time."

incline flyes and incline dumbbell press's are a must when it comes to getting those pec delt tie ins.
    run em ha'ad!!!!!

shab4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re: Bench Cable Flyes

Originally posted by nGuyeN321
    yah listen to this guy dont read those bs magazines instead read on this fourms on articles on bb.com
    The information on this site isn't all the best. Lots of information that you think is right might come from a total newbie that knows nothing about the art. Some of the articles are even proven to not be wrong but aren't 100%. This site is amazing and carries with it loads of information but don't think it's all the best and the only thing out there. The bull**** magasines are there to make money but also cary good information that can help you out.

My opinion on getting your chest to touch and not have a big gap is to work it even more. The bigger it gets the closer its gona get to touching. Just keep pushing and do what you have to do. Not everyone can get a chest like that where its perfect in every way. Your genes and body type determine lots. Big boned or small boned, big or skinny, theres just lots of things involved. Your best option is to lift heavy and eat heavy. High protein and heavy weights will get you where you are no problem.
    Stats:

Height: 5"10
    Weight: 187lbs
    Bicep - 15.4inches
    Chest - 49 inch

Bench - 1rM = 245lbs
    Squat - 1rM = 315lbs
    Deadlift - 1rM = 315lbs (goal was 3 plates and got there)

total = 815 (goal for next christmas is 1100)

No pain, no gain

DAMIANX17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DAMIANX17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DAMIANX17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DAMIANX17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DAMIANX17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    do a wide variety of chest exercises

incline,decline, and flat barbell bench presses
    incline,decline, and flat dumbell bench presses
    incline,decline, and flat dumbell flies
    machine presses/flies
    "I'm such a beefcake I can't even fit into the door."- Eric Cartman

'Having a pump is like having sex. I train two, sometimes three times a day. Each time I get a pump. It's great. I feel like I'm coming all day..." - Arnold 1979

Arnold used to train with Franco Columbu at Gold's Gym in Venice, CA. In the early 70's, Venice had more than its fair share of hippies, flower children and other worldly characters. Most of these people had seen it all, or thought they had. As the story goes, some of these people used to wander into the gym, and seeing Arnold, stood there staring at him in astonishment. When this happened, Arnold would shout to Franco, asking him to hand him another five thousand pound plate.

"no im not on steroids, but thanks for asking" -me

PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PODNickerz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As your pecs get bigger, they get closer.
    HEIGHT: 186 cm (6"1')
    WEIGHT STARTED: 63 kg (138lb)
    WEIGHT CURRENT: 76.5

pssst.. When answering my question's don't look at how many posts i got

lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lvhslifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

lol some of you guys are horrible at giving advise .....my advice to you man, go ask some one whos qualified to give advice. but ...
    your main work outs should be
    flat bench
    incline bench
    decline bench
    dips(are an add on)
    flys (and an add on) <<<< i suggest these for getting ripped pecs
    NEW*b.w=200
    bodyfat= 17%
    bicep=15in
    quad=25
    height=6'1

GOT MUSCLE?
    "determination is the one and only key that will lead you to own and personal happyness"

15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 15yOmOnStEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by lvhslifter
    lol some of you guys are horrible at giving advise .....my advice to you man, go ask some one whos qualified to give advice. but ...
    your main work outs should be
    flat bench
    incline bench
    decline bench
    dips(are an add on)
    flys (and an add on) <<<< i suggest these for getting ripped pecs

Flys won't get "ripped" pecs....low body fat will give you ripped pecs...even though flies are not a compound movement...it is still one of the better movements for chest because one of the main functions of the chest is actually to kind of act like a medial point of the upper body,which brings the arms to the center....if you catch my drift

WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Flatbench press
    Dumbell Incline bench
    Dips
    ---
    Skull crushers
    Close grip

i do all on the 4-8 rep range, chest has been growing great

jerry85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jerry85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jerry85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by 15yOmOnStEr
    Flys won't get "ripped" pecs....low body fat will give you ripped pecs...even though flies are not a compound movement...it is still one of the better movements for chest because one of the main functions of the chest is actually to kind of act like a medial point of the upper body,which brings the arms to the center....if you catch my drift
    before you get ripped pics, you want to bulk them up. If you just have "ripped pecs" then you look like a skinny ass kid. You need to get abig bulky chest and then cut the fat. And if you work out right, you won't have any fat to cut off your chest.

Re: Re: Bench Cable Flyes

**** sorry I meant to say chest, not lats.
    And I've only ever bought one issue, and I only reccomended it because it had details about Bench Cable Flyes.
    Thanks for the heads up.

nGuyeN321 - yeah the mags suck minge but most of the articles on bb.com are cat poo as well. first i "learnt" from the articles and then had to relearn once i joined this forum.

jerry85 - flyes do not make ur chest wider bro. increased muscle mass can make it look wider, but certainly not flyes.

Charm1986 - thats very opinionated of u 2 think that. nothing is a must. people grow a chest without benching.

shab4life - absolutely bro.

lvhslifter - what makes u better at giving advice? flyes dont give u ripped pecs. a big chest with low bf does.

the fugee la - save ur money from now on bro. learn from this forum. try not to listen to ppl that say high reps tone or flyes are excellent for chest mass. good luck

Originally posted by Mad_Dog_Divine
    nGuyeN321 - yeah the mags suck minge but most of the articles on bb.com are cat poo as well. first i "learnt" from the articles and then had to relearn once i joined this forum.

jerry85 - flyes do not make ur chest wider bro. increased muscle mass can make it look wider, but certainly not flyes.

Charm1986 - thats very opinionated of u 2 think that. nothing is a must. people grow a chest without benching.

shab4life - absolutely bro.

lvhslifter - what makes u better at giving advice? flyes dont give u ripped pecs. a big chest with low bf does.

the fugee la - save ur money from now on bro. learn from this forum. try not to listen to ppl that say high reps tone or flyes are excellent for chest mass. good luck
    Dude, when you do fly's it works the outside of your chest, which extends the width of your chest muscle. Of course you need mass for it to show.

Originally posted by jerry85
    Dude, when you do fly's it works the outside of your chest, which extends the width of your chest muscle. Of course you need mass for it to show.
    Flyes do not work the outside of your chest. I don't want to get into another fight about flyes, but they absolutely do not work anything other than the entire pectoral. You only feel it on the outside because that is where the weight weighs down on your body.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    when u do flies use a slightly lighter weight. When u bring the barbells up rather then touch have them actually go past center for 3 inches or so and alternate which one goes farther closest and farther to u. Be carefull u dont hurt urself u need to go slow and watch what ur doing. U should feel a burn in ur mid chest regions. Dips also will help lower mid chest development. I suppoprt the idea that muscles can be developed more in different regions based on my experience, genetics also plays a role as well.

WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lets just say flyes are not made for mass. although i do include them every 3 weeks in my routine

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Please, let's have enough about the inner chest. As for chest development, I recommend using two or three exercises (any more is superfluous in my opnion) that target the chest from different angles, for example the bench press and the pec deck.
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SixStringThing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn sp1ke, you got that in 8 months? I don't know if you plan on cutting or not but that body you got right now is pretty much exactly my goal, in the longterm a little bigger but i'll be happy as hell when I reach that point. Any chance you can post your stats, diet, routine?

Talking

Thanks Mad Dog Divine.