Hardgainer Personified ShallowGrave's Avatar
    ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Small Meals For Skinny Guys?

How is it possible that eating small meals every two or three hours is the best bet for people trying to speed metabolism and lose weight yet is also the best bet for those of us with high metabolisms that need to gain weight?
    "That laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
    -Thomas Jefferson

ShingleSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Small Meals For Skinny Guys?

Originally posted by ShallowGrave
    How is it possible that eating small meals every two or three hours is the best bet for people trying to speed metabolism and lose weight yet is also the best bet for those of us with high metabolisms that need to gain weight?
    Your question is interesting and one that I have thought about before. I think the idea is that this is the best way to get the calories you need, as opposed to eating three huge meals, which is not very effective. As you gain muscle mass, this will have a speeding-up effect on the metabolism, which means you need to eat more and more as you build muscle to maintain your new weight. That's my understanding, at least. (As a severe ectomorph, I understand the challenge.)

Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It works because you just eat a lot more if you are bulking... The concept of a constant flow of nutrients works in either scenario.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 150 (+/- 4)
    BF: 14%

Do you ever have that dream where you show up at work naked?

godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yup,
    regardless of what you are doing you should keep a steady flow of nutrition to the body,,,,
    whether you are cutting or bulking will depend on the type and how much food you eat...
    get yo bitch-ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!
    -Cartman

JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have read all those stickies, i think it puts your system to an anobolic state....? not sure

Hardgainer Personified ShallowGrave's Avatar
    ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea, I've read all the stickies and 2 different nutritional books centered on bodybuilding, but I don't see how it is possible that a diet that is the best for people trying to lose weight because of its ability to increase metabolism is also the best option for me who needs to gain....how is a faster metabolism going to help me?
    "That laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
    -Thomas Jefferson

Anticatabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ShallowGrave
    yea, I've read all the stickies and 2 different nutritional books centered on bodybuilding, but I don't see how it is possible that a diet that is the best for people trying to lose weight because of its ability to increase metabolism is also the best option for me who needs to gain....how is a faster metabolism going to help me?
    Try six small meals. If six small meals doesn't work, eat six medium meals. If that doesn't work, try six large meals...

...rinse, repeat until you gain weight. Six meals can speed your metabolism. If you're losing weight on that, then eat more at those six meals. It's that simple.