Diver Down has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I'm cutting, how many times a week should I do HIIT cardio?

How many times a week should I do hiit cardio when I'm cutting? I do a 4 day split with lifting, 1 body part per week type thing.

Also is 2300 calories a good amount for someone who is cutting?

I'm SUPER thanks 4 asking Superdude87's Avatar
    Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 body part per week? If that's not a typo, I'd recommend a 4 day split (of lifting) hitting each body part once a week...since you're lifting 4 days a week then you'll want to group some body parts together. Chest/tris, back/bis, legs/shoulders/abs, ect...Something like that.

As for the cardio, I like to switch up HIIT with longer duration cardio just to switch things up. Maybe do HIIT twice a week, and longer duration twice a week. That's a good 4 sessions, combined with weight training you should be able to lose some fat. It's probably best to separate your cardio and lifting days, but if you're lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio 4-5 days a week, you'll have to combine them on the same day occasionally...if that's the case, just separate them by 8 hours if possible. Try doing cardio in the morning and lifting at night or vice versa.

2300 might be a little high for your weight. 10-12x your bodyweight is a good idea for cutting. Some people find they are able to cut on a higher calorie diet. Especially if you're lifting hard you'll need the extra calories to aid in muscle repair. While most people say it's impossible to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, I've seen people do it and I've done it myself. I've weighed the same weight (~200 lbs) for the past 3 or 4 months yet I'm getting leaner and stronger.

Hope this helped...good luck man!

--Steve--

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Superdude87
    As for the cardio, I like to switch up HIIT with longer duration cardio just to switch things up. Maybe do HIIT twice a week, and longer duration twice a week. That's a good 4 sessions, combined with weight training you should be able to lose some fat. It's probably best to separate your cardio and lifting days, but if you're lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio 4-5 days a week, you'll have to combine them on the same day occasionally...if that's the case, just separate them by 8 hours if possible. Try doing cardio in the morning and lifting at night or vice versa.
    Solid advice. 2-3 days of HIIT and 3-4 days of moderate intensity is what I do.