allergic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really need some help gaining weight

Ok guys here's the deal, i am 19, 132 lbs and 5"7. 1 year ago i found out i was allergic to Dairy/eggs, Grains, Nuts (except peanuts dont ask my why not peanuts) alcohol and caffine, so i pretty much eat real healthy everyday. I have been going to gym for about a year off and on (because when i eat these things it fully lowers my immune system and i get sick real easy) and i have found it extremely hard to put on weight. I have a huge appetite and most people cant believe the amount of food i can eat. My usual day is as follows.....

Breakfast
    A big plate full of rice with either a full chicken breast, or rump steak
    30 grams of Whey protein powder (this is the only one i havent been allergic to)
    1 banana

Morning Tea

2 banana
    1 apple
    usually 1 pear

Lunch
    Rice with either full chicken breast, or rump steak (big serving)
    1 apple
    1 manderine

Afternoon tea
    1 potato
    1 can of Tuna
    and Protein just before my gym session

Post gym session
    1 banana
    1 can of tuna
    1 protein shake

Dinner
    Usually either a big serving or chicken, fish, tuna or steak, with 2 cups of vegetables and around 2 potatos

Snack before bed
    Banana
    apple or some rice or another smaller serving of what i had for dinner

I usually only have long grain rice, but have just bought some brown rice, whats the difference by the way? And yeh, any help that u guys can give me would be much appreciated as i am getting really frustrated with not being able to put on any weight what so ever. I think i must have the fastest metabolism in the world. Any help would be very much appreciated thanks guys and feel free to critique the **** outta my diet whilst keeping in mind my allergies. Cheers.
    Being american is what we do best

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'd replace alot of that fruit for vegies
    not saying fruit is bad, just vegies are more beneficial
    you need TONS more carbs, protein doesnt make you grow, carbs do, as well as fat! get more EFA's!!!

check out this site for some good food ideas
    also goto www.fitday.com and count some calories, you are probly not getting a good macronutrient breakdown, you wanna be eating more carbs than protein for sure, and at least 20% fats, even 25-30% is a good figure for fats to promote growth

what foods have lots of carbs? ones that i am not allergic to? i dont know much about that at all...

thanks

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    vegies, lots of them
    check out some sweet potato for some good condensed carbs

Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Really need some help gaining weight

Originally posted by allergic
    Ok guys here's the deal, i am 19, 132 lbs and 5"7. 1 year ago i found out i was allergic to Dairy/eggs, Grains, Nuts (except peanuts dont ask my why not peanuts) alcohol and caffine, so i pretty much eat real healthy everyday. I have been going to gym for about a year off and on (because when i eat these things it fully lowers my immune system and i get sick real easy) and i have found it extremely hard to put on weight. I have a huge appetite and most people cant believe the amount of food i can eat. My usual day is as follows.....

I usually only have long grain rice, but have just bought some brown rice, whats the difference by the way? And yeh, any help that u guys can give me would be much appreciated as i am getting really frustrated with not being able to put on any weight what so ever. I think i must have the fastest metabolism in the world. Any help would be very much appreciated thanks guys and feel free to critique the **** outta my diet whilst keeping in mind my allergies. Cheers.
    You are not allergic to peanuts, because peanuts are a legume. When you say nuts in the future, then you may want to say tree nuts, "which include almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts." This will help you avoid getting misinformation in the future. You are lucky that you are not allergic to peanuts, b/c it is a very serious allergy that can result in death. People with serious peanut allergies have to carry andrenaline shot around with them & a medical bracelet. With the grains, sounds like you have Celiac Sprue. Usually people with gluten allergies avoid wheat, oats, & barley. Sorry to hear that you have all those, bud.

In addition to what everyone else has suggested, you may want to eat more legumes - Beans (kidney, pinto, black, navy), blackeyed peas, and of course peanuts.

Also, with milk are you sure it is an allergy. Or is it lactose intolerance. Milk contains 2 proteins: Casein & Whey. You should get tested for both those proteins, b/c if you are not allergic to one of them then you could get lots of protein from them in an isolate.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

i was just told by my doctor, i dont think its a lactose intolerance because i tried lactose free milk and that still made me feel like ****, although the WPI protein powder i have is lactose free, and that is the only 1 i have found that i dont react with. I have been told that maybe my liver could be the cause of my allergies but i dunno, i guess i should try a liver cleanse. It just sucks that i cant put on any weight at all, highest i've been was 143 and that was just before i found out about my allergies, i put that weight on real quick as i was eating all the good **** (Bread, milk, eggs etc) I've often thought steriods might be the only way i can do it, i'll take every bit of advise u guys give, but in the end if i cant put on any weight, i think Steroids would be the best option. Its becuase i am going into the police force in a year and really need a bit more size about me. But yeh any more help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

1 more guy in the sandbox BostonRock's Avatar
    Location: Abu Graib Prison,West of Baghdad, Iraq. Home is Mass. though.
    BostonRock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LISTEN TO ME. Steriods don't make you big. They HELP. EATING makes you gain mass. Why do you think all us bodybuilders eat 5-7 meals a day? You said, "the WPI protein powder i have is lactose free, and that is the only 1 i have found that i dont react with." So, stick with that one for a protein supplement if that's all your body can handle. Again like Qu4rk said, have your doctor test you for an allergy to casein protein, that is also good as it breaks down over a longer period of time than whey. Just hang in there man. I read on a guys profile a while ago that "bodybuilding is a marathon, not a sprint" you need time to figure out what your body reacts to for both allergic reactions and mass gain. I'm sure if you ask your doc he'll help you out (just don't mention juice, they don't usually like that) hehe

Later man
    You don't know what you have until it's gone.
    A bad day for you probably isn't that bad.
    Be thankfull you're not here.

zeac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you're not gaining means you don't eat enough. Just add 200 calories every week until you start gaining. Its good that you have a large appetite. For me I cant just eat more because I am fighting my poor appetite everyday trying to eat more...

Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qu4rk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by allergic
    i was just told by my doctor, i dont think its a lactose intolerance because i tried lactose free milk and that still made me feel like ****, although the WPI protein powder i have is lactose free, and that is the only 1 i have found that i dont react with. I have been told that maybe my liver could be the cause of my allergies but i dunno, i guess i should try a liver cleanse. It just sucks that i cant put on any weight at all, highest i've been was 143 and that was just before i found out about my allergies, i put that weight on real quick as i was eating all the good **** (Bread, milk, eggs etc) I've often thought steriods might be the only way i can do it, i'll take every bit of advise u guys give, but in the end if i cant put on any weight, i think Steroids would be the best option. Its becuase i am going into the police force in a year and really need a bit more size about me. But yeh any more help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
    A food allergy occurs when the immune system mistakes a food protein for an foreign invader (known as an allergen). You said you feel like ****? Is it heavy gas, b/c that is a symptom of a food intolerance, i.e. lactose-intolerance (when the body does not produce lactase, the enzyme to break down lactose [milk sugar]). Common symptoms of an allergy are respiratory problems or hives, but this does not exclude abdominal pains.

If you can drink whey then make that the bulk of your protein intake. You can still get a variety of foods, like legumes & veggies to make complete proteins. Do a web search for complementary proteins.

Let us know if we can help you more, bud. Keep asking questions about what you don't understand. We will do our best to keep you off of test.