Closed Thread
    OokaosislifeoO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it possible to lose 20-30 pounds in one month

I want to lose 20-30 pounds in one month. what's the best way to accomplish this? run 2-3 times a day everyday? what should i eat? your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks =)

coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    its possible yes, is it healthy NO. Depending on your body fat levels you will only want to lose 1 to 3lbs per week. So thats 12lbs of fat max in a month.
    PL: 400/280/475

chicagojogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it is possible.

BUT:

- it is not healthy (in fact, it might be risky)
    - it will be mostly water
    - you might put it all back as soon as you lost it

If you really want to do it, you should drink A LOT of water. You must drink water to lose water.

Why do you want to lose30 lbs. in one month?
    Beginner Lifter :) Yay!

Originally Posted by coloBB View Post
    its possible yes, is it healthy NO. Depending on your body fat levels you will only want to lose 1 to 3lbs per week. So thats 12lbs of fat max in a month.
    i'm 6'2 and i weigh 220. i have alot more fat than muscle. i want to lose alot of that fat. so what's the best and fastest way? cardio and lifting some weight?

coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OokaosislifeoO View Post
    i'm 6'2 and i weigh 220. i have alot more fat than muscle. i want to lose alot of that fat. so what's the best and fastest way? cardio and lifting some weight?
    i can't answer all of those question for you. you need to do some research on proper fat loss, and NUTRITION.
    PL: 400/280/475

Originally Posted by chicagojogger View Post
    I think it is possible.

BUT:

- it is not healthy (in fact, it might be risky)
    - it will be mostly water
    - you might put it all back as soon as you lost it

If you really want to do it, you should drink A LOT of water. You must drink water to lose water.

Why do you want to lose30 lbs. in one month?
    well i'm going to blizzard beach in a month with my girlfriend and alot of other friends. and i'm just not happy with the way i look physicaly. i used to weigh 180. =(

if you really have to do it, here's my advice

- eat only veggies for 30 days (lettuce, green peppers, etc)
    - drink as much water as you can handle
    - do cardio every day
    - have a long walk every day

still, it is not a healthy way to lose weight.

you should take some vitamins if you cut your diet considerably.

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well i'm going to blizzard beach in a month with my girlfriend and alot of other friends. and i'm just not happy with the way i look physicaly. i used to weigh 180. =(
    Check out the Nutrition section. Be sensible and plan on 2 lbs or so per week at most. If you're losing more than that, there's a very good chance you're losing muscle as well as fat. You could end up with a higher bodyfat % than you have now, and look smaller but not a helluva lot better.

You can't make up for a long period of neglect in a month, the body just doesn't work that way no matter how much we want it to. Get your diet right, do some cardio, and get on a good solid weight program. The results will take a little longer than you might like, but they'll be worth it.

Originally Posted by chicagojogger View Post
    if you really have to do it, here's my advice

- eat only veggies for 30 days (lettuce, green peppers, etc)
    - drink as much water as you can handle
    - do cardio every day
    - have a long walk every day

still, it is not a healthy way to lose weight.
    how about fruit?

NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very bad idea IMO, unless you're morbidly obese. However, if your mind is made up, try this:

-drink 3-4 litres of water daily (1 gallon)
    -eat steamed veggies 4 times a day, and a portion of lean protein at every meal (a protein shake, 6 eggwhites, small piece of fish, etc)
    -do cardio for 1-1.5 hours per day (break it up into 2 sessions and keep intensity high)
    -take a good fat burner
    -weight-train lightly (you won't have much energy, that's why I say lightly) a few days a week
    -to answer your question, don't have too much fruit, stick with the veggies like spinach, bok choi, green onions, red, yellow and orange peppers, salads, etc.

how about fruit?

fruit is allright, but too much sugar if you want drastic weight loss.

I still think you are trying to hard, in too short a period of time.

MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just dont eat for a few weeks or a month, thats what most animals do when they want to lose some fat and look sexy for the opposite male/female. So most animals wont eat they will run alot, do some cardio, chill out etc..... and they will feed on there fat supply/sources internally, so they wont need to eat deer. Some of the female animals go on all green diet and eat grass, you can try this also. But in a few weeks they get a low bodyfat % and they look good, other animals usually take notice and compliment. Good luck.

yes, but we are not animals. We have the ability to reason. You might want to think of the mortality rate of the very animals you are refering to.

I dissagree, respectfully.

I think any diet should be moderate. Health is more important than a quick weight loss that will not last anyways.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No offense but why wait until you have somewhere to go that you will be taking your shirt off before you decide to lose weight? You can lose a good bit of weight in a month's time, but like everyone has already said, it's not healthy. Are you wanting to keep the weight off after Blizzard Beach? In other words, is this going to be a lifestyle change for you?

What I am getting at here is that there's a lot more to losing weight then just starving yourself and running on a treadmill.
    Last edited by jason_bh; 06-06-2007 at 08:06 AM.

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you messed up by not starting earlier, if you crash diet you're a moron
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) verbatim9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lose fat slowly.

The faster you lose fat the more saggy your skin will be. If you lose that much that fast you will have your skin hanging so no do not lose more than 2 pounds per week.
    True observation begins when one is devoid of set patterns

Silverback #1

Love
    It can move one's heart to see a young couple romantically enthralled with each other. But the heart becomes deeply sad just a few months later - to see their paralyzing dependence on one another.

The more intense has been the religion of any period and the more profound has been the dogmatic belief, the greater has been the cruelty and the worse has been the state of affairs

muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muscle beast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to lose 20-30 pounds in one month. what's the best way to accomplish this? run 2-3 times a day everyday? what should i eat? your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks =)
    It's possible, but if you actually did it, you'd have loose skin and stretch marks beyond beliefe

Ask your question in a better forum, the "Lose Fat" forum. Better yet, do some research first before asking to be spoonfed.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lost 10 kg in two weeks, was very ill, puked out everything I ate and drink (almost no appetite what so ever)!

Not healthy to lose so much weight/fat in short times, month is to short, take it slow.

canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    you messed up by not starting earlier, if you crash diet you're a moron
    x2

It took you a long time to get fat and now you want to get in shape in 1 month. This is the basis of our obesity epidemic. You spend years getting fat and then you want to look your best for some "event" 1 month away and when you don't achieve it you go back to getting fatter because you feel you failed. Like someone said earlier, you need to make a lifestyle change. If you want to look good you need to put in time and DEDICATION just like the rest of us have. There is no majic pill or wonderdrug so please don't buy into that BS as well. Eat good, work your ass off in the gym, sleep well, drink lots of water and NO SODA. It will come in time if you don't give up. Good luck.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125391261

Jerze rat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jerze rat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jerze rat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jerze rat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jerze rat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jerze rat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree trying to lose so much weight so fast is not good at all. I did it, but i had no choice now i have really bad stretch marks from it not cool at all. Try a little slower and you look and feel better when you reach your goal.

Kinslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I first got into working out again, all I cared about was losing fat.

I pretty much ate a slimfast bar or one bowl of cereal for breakfast

Can of tunafish for lunch with some carrots

Very light dinner...sometimes just a can of veggies.

Water all day.

I was pretty hungry the first week. My stomach was just growling the whole time - it was not fun. After a while I just got used to it, and it wasn't so bad.

I burned about 500 calories on the treadmill a day, and did small weights.

I was 6'2" - 220, and dropped down to 184 in about a month and a half. I didn't get strechmarks. I didn't gain muscle, but I sure lost my fat fast...since then I started rippetoes and everything has been a-ok. I am 200 now, but it's a very lean 200.

I can't see losing weight any faster than that. Any less food and I wouldn't have been able to stand. I'm sure it's not healthy, but whatever...it worked superfast for me.

Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Hombre is just really nice. (+1000)
    the faster you lose weight, the faster you put it back on

calvinist83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is possible, bodybuilders do it all the time. This is what I do. Clenbuterol and T3 and some winnies(try not to hit the whiskey too hard). Start the Clen about 2 weeks into your month goal. You can research the dosages on the internet as they vary dependent on the person. Cut out all carbs and just drink protein shakes and fish supplemented with fiber and multi-vitamins especially the B vitamins. Do this 5 days on and 3 days off. The 3 days off get your carbs from
    fruits and veggies but keep it under 50 grams the first 100 the next and 150 the third. This will ensure your metabolism does not die out too much. You can really go all out and add some ECA to your stack but regardless always drink coffee or caffeine pills for energy. Finally, 1 hour cardio upon rising on an empty stomach. I think this covers everything. ****, you might lose more than 30 who knows. If steroids scare you just do 300 burpies a day on an empty stomach, drink mostly all protein shakes supped with vitamins and fiber.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just realized...4 year old thread...

calvinist83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MarlboroMan View Post
    just dont eat for a few weeks or a month, thats what most animals do when they want to lose some fat and look sexy for the opposite male/female. So most animals wont eat they will run alot, do some cardio, chill out etc..... and they will feed on there fat supply/sources internally, so they wont need to eat deer. Some of the female animals go on all green diet and eat grass, you can try this also. But in a few weeks they get a low bodyfat % and they look good, other animals usually take notice and compliment. Good luck.
    Indeed that will work if you want to look like a ****in toothpick. When you dont eat your body feeds off your muscle as well to get protein. I guess if the lad justs wants to look like a 12 year old itll work.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    4 years later. I wonder how he did.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any update OP?

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by laserjetx View Post
    Any update OP?
    This thread is TEN YEARS OLD and if OP followed the horrible advice in it to lose that much, that quickly, he probably just died instead.
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew