StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000) StrongInChrist is just really nice. (+1000)

I havent eaten in 5 days and cannot train!!!

Im a PL so I posted this here. I got a virus that put ulcers all over my throat. Its by far the most painful thing Ive ever experienced. I have not even had an appetite, my throat hurts so bad. So far I lost nearly 20 pounds. I manage to muscle down some water a few times a day. Heres my question:

How the heck should I approach training and nutrition after this ordeal? I know I shouldnt jump right into anything but where should I start? I went from 3-5000 calories a day to 0 and training with heavy weights doing sets of 2 and 3 to not training at all. Im def scratching all training this week which will put me at about 2 weeks off.

Any help you can give via past experience or personal knowledge I will greatly appreciate. Thanks.

PS I was 2 weeks from the top of my 16 week cycle where I would max with the shirt

NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoMo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StrongInChrist View Post
    Im a PL so I posted this here. I got a virus that put ulcers all over my throat. Its by far the most painful thing Ive ever experienced. I have not even had an appetite, my throat hurts so bad. So far I lost nearly 20 pounds. I manage to muscle down some water a few times a day. Heres my question:

How the heck should I approach training and nutrition after this ordeal? I know I shouldnt jump right into anything but where should I start? I went from 3-5000 calories a day to 0 and training with heavy weights doing sets of 2 and 3 to not training at all. Im def scratching all training this week which will put me at about 2 weeks off.

Any help you can give via past experience or personal knowledge I will greatly appreciate. Thanks.

PS I was 2 weeks from the top of my 16 week cycle where I would max with the shirt
    Bro, I had the same thing for 2 weeks!! I also had a very bad fever furing that period, got headaches. just overall ill. No appetite if I ate I puked it out 5 minutes later (same with drinking). I lost more than 10 kg in those 2 weeks, I'm now on the last day of my antibiotica cycle of a week, if only I went to the docter more early!

Edit; even if I was a bit hungy, I could hardly eat cause of the pain in my throat, and I was lucky if I could hold it in. Go see a docter, you need antibiotica.
    Last edited by NoMo; 06-06-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    It sucks when this happens.

Your strength will be down- you've dropped a lot of weight, even if it's water, it will affect your strength. My recommendation would be to get some time under the bar in the 5-8 rep range for a couple weeks and then ramp up to where you left off over the next few weeks. You lost some time but it will come back.

Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doc Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Two quick things ...

First, if it's truly a viral infection, as Strong writes, then antibiotics won't help. But if you haven't seen a doctor yet, and are just guessing it's a virus, then by all means, get to the doc pronto. Even if it is viral, the doc may be able to prescribe an anesthetic rinse that will lessen the pain.

Second, while it really sucks to have this kind of thing happen (I feel for you) it isn't particularly unusual. All of us who have been lifting for awhile have gone through similar experiences.

The good news is that strength, once developed, comes back quickly. Once you are well, rehydrated, and eating normally, it will likely only take you a few weeks to get back to where you were previously. Most of the weight you've lost is likely water weight, not true muscle weight.

If you were planning on doing any contests this summer, those might be a no go, but assuming this thing clears up soon, you'll likely be ready to go by fall.

Best of luck to you,

Doc