only gives negative reps big bubba's Avatar
    big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

how do you figure out the pro/carb/fat ratio %'s?

If I consume 170 grams of protein, 105 grams of carbs, and 21 grams of fats in a day while cutting, then it would look like 170/105/21, but how do I figure this out in ratio form so that it's the percentages? That's how everyone does it. I know all those grams add up to 296, but how can I figure out what % the respective numbers are of that total? Thanks.
    and so I said "look pal, your car was upside down when I got here! And as for your granma, she shouldn't of mouthed off to me like that!" - homer

ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    take whatever you're looking for, I'll do fat% for example, you can put in whatever number instead of it to figure out the rest.

take what you're looking for, and put it over the total

21/296 = x/100 (it's over 100, because you want it in percent right? and we all know 1% = 1/100)

simply solve for x

so in this example, fats make up about 7.1% of your diet.

Question answered. Now I have a little rant i guess. This isn't directed at anyone in particular. well i guess sortof, whatever, either way. Isn't this like the most basic of math skills they teach in grade 8-9??? either way, happy eating =)

-Zach

only gives negative reps big bubba's Avatar
    big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big bubba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Okay so using your formula, the ratio comes to roughly 57/35/8. Thanks mate.
    and so I said "look pal, your car was upside down when I got here! And as for your granma, she shouldn't of mouthed off to me like that!" - homer