BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio twice per week? or in Cutting/Bulking Intervals??

Hi all, I'm hoping you guys can help me with a question I have here.

I've started working out pretty hard since my thumb has healed (was broken, out for a month) Currently, I take optimum nutrition's meal replacement protein, and Nutrex Creatine. However, right now i'm 6'0 180. I would like to be about an even 200 or so but with some real definition. Currently my lifting schedule is as follows:

Mon: Triceps/Chest
    Wed: Biceps/Forearms/Back
    Friday: Legs/Shoulders

So, I have tuesdays and thursdays off. My question is this. Should I do my cardio on these days? or should I be shooting for my goal by bulking for say a month, and then cutting for a week? I'm really not sure the best way to go about this. Thanks very much in advance,

-Brendan

blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'd like to hear the responses too since I'm basically in the same position as you.. However, I don't think cutting for one week is going to give you any noticeable results..I'd say to stick to bulking until you reach your goals and worry about the unwanted fat when cutting...Bulking with cutting is near impossible but it can be done over a long period of time..

I change my routines every week, I'm doing this for this week:

Sunday-moderate cardio 20 minutes, abs
    Monday-Chest/Traps
    Tuesday-Back/Shoulders
    Wednesday-Off
    Thursday-triceps/biceps/forearms/grip strength
    Friday-morning:12 minutes HIT on treadmill, then 6 hrs later Legs
    Saturday-Off
    "Light Weight!"

Stronger than Death PeddlerOfDeath's Avatar
    PeddlerOfDeath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    doing cardio on off days is the way to go if you can swing it cuz it keeps you from overtraining. also, if you're going to do a three day routine, you might want to think about doing full body workouts and spreading out your sets a little more. otherwise i might go with something closer to blueprint's routine

Sunday-moderate cardio 20 minutes, abs
    Monday-Chest/Traps
    Tuesday-Back/Shoulders
    Wednesday-Off
    Thursday-triceps/biceps/forearms/grip strength
    Friday-morning:12 minutes HIT on treadmill, then 6 hrs later Legs
    Saturday-Off

the most important thing is your diet though. protein, good carbs and keeping your fats low and unsaturated is the best thing.
    I believe that any man's finest hour,
    the fullfillment of all he holds dear, is
    that moment when he has worked his
    heart out in a good cause and lies
    exhausted on the field of
    battle...victorious.-Vince Lombardi

Beneath the tree of heaven, lies the
    horror of the clay, beneath the tree of
    heaven, come as you please- do as
    you may.-Zakk Wylde

Open the floodgates and surge with
    NewFoundPower.-Damageplan

Uncompromising men are easy to admire.-Robert the Bruce's Father

BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmmm..full body workouts? From what I know, and have posted on here, my routine seems pretty decent..But, I'll post it again just for more opinions. However, in the mean time, is it the general concensus that doing cardio while trying to gain mass is possible? Anyway, here goes:

Monday: Chest: Bench Press: 1 warmup set.
    3 X 6-8 reps
    Flat Bench Fly: same
    Incline dumbell press
    Decline dumbell press
    Triceps:
    Tricep extensions
    Close grip bench press
    Skull Crushers

Wednesday: Biceps: Standing Barbell curls
    Preacher curls
    Hammer dumbell curls

Forearms: Forearm barbell curls: both ways

Back: Bent over Rows
    Sitting Cable Rows
    Lat pull downs
    Deadlifts

Friday: Shoulders: Dumbell military press
    Shrugs
    Standing dumbell front raises

Legs: Leg extensions
    Leg press
    Calf raises
    ( i stay away from squats due to a bad knee)

So thats it pretty much...Any suggestions, constructive criticism is welcomed!

blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    with your schedule, cardio on off days will seem to keep fat gain to a minimum.. make sure to eat about 500-700 calories above maintenance and you should be fine..

**IMO, just a few tweaks if you want..**
    Chest: replace decline dumbbell with weighted leaning forward dips and I like the cable flat bench flys because of constant tension but that's my opinion..

Tris: looks fine, dips hit them pretty hard(if you keep your body straight)

Biceps: I'd throw in incline DB curls to replace preachers
    Forearms: you can do reverse grip curls and farmer's walk/static holds

Back: Replace Lat Pulldowns with regular overhand pullups and maybe one-arm rows or V-bar pulldown for sitting cable rows

Shoulders:anterior delts get hit well with your flat bench..add in side lateral DB raises in replace of that

Legs: you don't have any ham exercises..stiff-Legged deads hit the hamstrings nice, hit the calves hard(superset with donkey calf raises to make it brutal)..

There you go, just my 2 cents..
    "Light Weight!"

Sounds good man...thanks for the advice..I'll go back then to doing cardio on my off days...

As for Hamstrings, I did deadlifts last week with some good weight on there and sweet mother mary of God, my Hammy's were sore from Thursday till Sunday! Thanks also for the advice on the shoulders I think I'll do that..