Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000)

What body fat percentage should I start to see my abs?

Hi at what body fat percentage should I start to see my abs?

I'm able to feel them but not really see them yet I just tried to measure my body fat online at:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cooltoo...s/bodyfat1.cfm

Your Results

You have 15.3% body fat.

You have 32 pounds of fat and 178 pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

When I started to cut, I used the same site and I was 22%

MindBodySoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had asked my trainer the same thing, he said around 12% BF they come in real prominent. I'm @ around 20% and can see outlines sort of of them, and if I jump up and down I can really see em lol. Looks like I should have a nice stomach if I got down that low.
    Last edited by MindBodySoul; 07-20-2004 at 01:04 PM.
    Here to learn, and to help where I can.

RadStar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im at 23% fat and when i flex, i can see my abs easy. it really depends on how well developed your abs are.. if they are poorly developed, heck u may never see them at all
    RAD is Cutting
    After Week #1: 168.2 lb
    After Week #2: 168.2 lb

ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://www.healthcentral.com/coolto...ss/bodyfat1.cfm

I tried that.

You have 13.7% body fat.

You have 27 pounds of fat and 173 pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

There is no possible way that is right. I would guess I am around 20-25% body fat.

I need to get a fat caliper next time I go to GNC

Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000) Gaz[]v[]atrix is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tnx for the replys, I'm doing about 30 decline situps then 15 incline leg raises followed by 3 x 20 crunchies. I have only been doing these for about 3 weeks on Tuesday and Thursday along with my cardio. Do you think this is enough or would you step it up some more thanks Gaz...

ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Gaz[]v[]atrix
    Tnx for the replys, I'm doing about 30 decline situps then 15 incline leg raises followed by 3 x 20 crunchies. I have only been doing these for about 3 weeks on Tuesday and Thursday along with my cardio. Do you think this is enough or would you step it up some more thanks Gaz...
    You don't need to work your abs out at all to have great abs. It all matters what your body fat percentage is.

You cannot spot reduce fat. If you do 2 hours of ab workouts everyday, your body will reduce its fat all around the body evenly.

Great abs are built in the kitchen.

Doing ab workouts will make your abs that much better though when you finally get low enough body fat to see them.

Originally posted by ck85abc
    You don't need to work your abs out at all to have great abs. It all matters what your body fat percentage is.

You cannot spot reduce fat. If you do 2 hours of ab workouts everyday, your body will reduce its fat all around the body evenly.

Doing ab workouts will make your abs that much better though when you finally get low enough body fat to see them.
    Thanks for the input, I have started to lose the fat and just wanted to start building the muscle so it will show through faster. I have lost 2 stone so far in 13 week so I'm on track, my waist is down to 37.5" and that is from 41" so if I start to train my abs now and keep cutting mabye in another 13 week I'll be at 34" with abs showing.

I know the fat percentage was a low reeding and I'm probably about 17-18% but it just helps me know that it is going down.

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your Results

You have 6% body fat.

You have 10 pounds of fat and 160 pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I'm 15% if that gives you an idea of the accuracy of the site, but in all honesty from personal experience its all genetic when you get abs, how defined they are is hard work but its sorta a coin toss on where you will lose fat first/last.

my top 2 abs are visible in the right lighting at 15% BF and they aren't very well developed but what works for me may be 9% for you its up to your bodies ability to lose/gain fat in certain areas.

Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My top 2 became visible at 13%- I'm likely going to need to be under10% to get better definition.

Ms. J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I agree. Except for one thing...GENETICS. If your midsection is where you genetically hold your fat stores, you will have to get very lean to see them. (I have abs at 20% bf cause I don't hold much bf there). Keep at it! They will come out eventually.

Ms. J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I agree. Except for one thing...GENETICS. If your midsection is where you genetically hold your fat stores, you will have to get very lean to see them. (I have abs at 20% bf cause I don't hold much bf there). Keep at it! They will come out eventually.

DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Typically around 9-10%. If you want to see them when you walk around unflexed, probablly even lower. Take DVV for example around 7%.

Derek
    Current Cutt after 6 mo bulk
    206-177

Summer Last year 04':
    161@10%BF

Summer 05' goal
    Goal 165-167@10%BF.

Transformation photos:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270629[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193621[/url]