1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Unhappy Never played sports.

Is there any one here who never played sports in school but joined a team later in life?When I was young we moved alot and never played any sports. Nowthat im older and in the best shape and stronger than ever I would like to play some kind of sport but im 34 and all the teams have people who have been playing for years or looking for some one who has been playing for years.Is 34 to old to start?Im not looking to go pro just want to have fun and push myself and work as a team.

Forever cutting..... Blake Austin's Avatar
    Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000)

You want to play sports at 34..

Like an organized, serious sport in some sort of league, like the WNBA? Or do you want to just have fun and play volleyball (for example) in some sort of Tuesday/Thursday co-ed league?
    ~I'm an egomaniac with a inferiority complex...

~I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic,
    awful, beautiful life.........

Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jordo1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 1972girl View Post
    Is there any one here who never played sports in school but joined a team later in life?When I was young we moved alot and never played any sports. Nowthat im older and in the best shape and stronger than ever I would like to play some kind of sport but im 34 and all the teams have people who have been playing for years or looking for some one who has been playing for years.Is 34 to old to start?Im not looking to go pro just want to have fun and push myself and work as a team.
    I don't think you're ever too old. A few years back, we had a work softball team and half the team had never played before. The people on the team had a lot of fun and actually won most their games.
    A good friend once told me... "It's not the age, it's the mileage!" Pretty scary for me, considering the mileage I'd racked up with my lifestyle, until I realized I could overhaul my engine!

OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started basketball just 2 years ago. Only 1 woman in our team had played before and 2 woman had never, ever played a ball sport (or I suspect touched a ball). The youngest woman was 33 and the oldest 44.

I started the team after watching my kids play. Amazingly it only took a few phone calls and the team was set!

We got ourselves a coach, sponsor (seriously!) and won the Grand Final last year.

We have so much fun and spend lots of time laughing and really enjoying ourselves. I would never give it up!

Start your own team and have a fantastic time!!!
    Natural Figure Champion

Sponsored by

www.assassinnutrition.com.au

www.activewearonline.com.au

www.pke.com.au

longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000) longball06 is just really nice. (+1000)
    YMCAs have adult leagues that are pretty fun and not too competitive. Great beginner level.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    Aristotle

mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000) mom24boys is just really nice. (+1000)
    I played soccer 2 yrs ago...well mostly I just ran around and got knocked outta the way hehehe a friend talked me into it because they needed 1 more player.....I had never played before and had a blast..along with alot of bruises. Good Luck fnding something, check with your parks department if you dont know where to look.

Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didn't play any sports in HS, I was too interested martial arts and weight lifting. I found a softball team when I turned 20 and haven't stopped playing since. I feel that my game has steadily gotten better and I feel confident in competing with twenty year olds at my current age. I've played at different levels of the game and absolutely love softball, particularly co-ed. I suggest you look into finding a co-ed softball team, as most are always looking for women willing to show up for practice and games. Make contact with the local recreation department and they should be able to put in contact with team managers, or you could always just show up at games and express interest that way. I've generally found that the co-ed teams are more laid back and less competitive than same gender teams. Good luck.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

-Albert Einstein

Don't give me evils! SumthinOrNuthin's Avatar
    SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I avoided all kinds of sport in school. Can't even begin to describe how much I hated it !

I took up playing squash in my 30s and now play racketball 2 or 3 times a week. I've never been much of a team sports person but I know a few ladies who have taken up netball, basketball, hockey ans soccer in their 20s, 30s and 40s
    Brian! Who are all those people outside?
    I don't know mother, they just .... popped by.
    Popped by?! Swarmed by more like!

skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I play ultimate frisbee now and love it! It is an amazing interval type workout, no contact, and has great sportsmanship.
    Some people have a way with words. Other people not have way.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tennis is a great sport to learn and one can play for years and years. I played sports throughout high school but picked up tennis five years ago. I was on a beginner team and most of the girls had not played sports before. We all learned the sport and stayed together long enough to go to the playoffs.

The fact that you're in great shape will help you in any sport you decide to take on. Best of luck!
    Genshai

slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I joined a bicycle racing team when I was around 34 and every other member of the team had better skills and was faster than me. As I was a triathlete before trying road racing, I had never drafted or done any kind of high speed cornering but they worked with me on lots of training rides.

Since you have the fitness, the skills should be they only thing you need to work on. That is why they have practice. I say go for it.